“Large Portions/Great Prices/Tasty Food”

The Lighthouse Fish & Chips
Ranked #31 of 310 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have eaten here on a few occasions and have always been happy and full when I leave. Great food! The portions are crazy large. The fish tastes great and there is lots of it. Easy to get to from I-5. Well worth the stop. Highly recommended for fish and chips. Friendly, easy going staff!

2  Thank Kevin D
There are newer reviews for The Lighthouse Fish & Chips

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We moved to Lake California from Seattle area in 2001 and were so excited about finding the Lighthouse on Hartnell (yes they are still there, they haven't gone out of business). They are to only place we have found that doesn't try to drown the taste of their wonderful fish with sauces and spices. It's the closest we have found to what is served in some of the better restaurants in Seattle. The prices are within our retirement budget and the couple who own the franchise are wonderful. Always a smiling hello and an occasional short visit at our table. Very clean and nicely decorated with whale and seaside murals.

1  Thank Ann F
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This restaurant had great fish and chips. They had large proportions and the prices were reasonable. I had a craving for fish a few months ago. I went down to their place on Hartnell but the building was empty. Now we have no good places to go to. Buz's crab stand also went out of business and R & R Meats took it over. I have not been there yet, so I cannot recommend it yet. I sure do miss the Lighthouse.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I loved this little place on Hartnell. Portions are generous and the customer service was wonderful. We each had a two piece fish and chips and both my son and I were unable to finish each of our portions. Great for a quick lunch break!

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

During a recent stop-over in Redding we chose this place because of the good reviews, and found them to be accurate. The fish plates are inexpensive and abundant. The fish is excellent but the zucchini was my favorite. We took our left-overs on the road the next day and had them for lunch - they were every bit as delicious. Can't say enough for the staff. Though orders are taken and paid for at the counter, the freshly prepared dishes are delivered to your table and they go out of their way to assure that you have everything you need. We will happily return when in the area.

1  Thank hapytraveler10