“Nice place...but.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Bend, Oregon
“Nice place...but.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife an I enjoyed our stay here last week passing through Northern California. The hotel is newer with a great staff and the location is conveniently located near I-5 yet not so close that noise is any issue. This property is set up for the business traveler without a doubt. The rooms have ample storage, functional work stations and kitchenettes that are way above par. The only issue that I think is relevant is that for an extended stay of pleasure over business, this is not the hotel for me. Despite the very best efforts of the great staff, the interior design when you first walk in to the small lobby is very non-descript, sterile and bland. This dull feeling carries over to a very small reception/breakfast area which makes the entire entrance feel like I'm waiting to catch an airplane at the airport rather than enjoying myself at a nice hotel. Again, if I were traveling alone and on business, this would be my first option....however, for the price and lack of ambiance, I'll probably look elsewhere when traveling with my spouse.

Room Tip: From what I was told, they allow pets....except on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Simon S
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello Simon S,

Thank you for your review of our property. You are absolutely correct that hotel is designed for the do-it-yourself business traveler with flexible work space and lots of storage. We do recognize that we have long term leisure guests as well and the staff is focused on connecting them with the local neighborhood. They offer maps and information on jogging trails, national parks and local attractions. If business should bring you back to Shasta County, I hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Dave Creager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The room was nice, affordable and a suite which I like because of privacy between the bedroom and living area with a sofa bed. Perfect stay for my family on our college visit trip driving from Eugene to Davis. Staff was very nice and accommodating and provided a free breakfast prepared early enough for our morning departure. I would recommend staying here. It works. We didn't need the kitchen but its nice to have...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello Artladyla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was pleased to read that it was a perfect stay for your family and that the breakfast was early enough for your departure. Your feedback is a valuable tool we use to ensure we are focused on the correct areas. Thank you again and we hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Lake Almanor, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed for one night in one of the suites. The room was very clean and comfortable. The room had a full kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher, electric stove, sink, dishes, etc.) but I did not use it. The breakfast was limited in options but could not complain since they did offer waffles. The bathroom was average size but did offer a huge closet. The hotel also offers free WiFi and a BBQ outside. I stayed in room 206 which is right next to the elevator. You can hear the bell to the elevator door each timed it opened. Very annoying. The hotel is perfect for people who need longer stay accommodations.

Room Tip: Room 206 is next to the elevator and you can here the bell each time the door opens.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello DisneyTrip2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was pleased to read you found your accommodations very clean and perfect for people who need a longer stay. I have taken the liberty of sharing your survey with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what each & every one of us is working for!

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

we traveled to Redding for a quick trip to California to enjoy an In N Out burger. (it's a long story). The accommodations were perfect! Check in was super quick, as they had us checked in and gave us our room keycards within a minute or so. The hotel has very bright lighting, which shows off how clean it is. The room was spacious, and the layout smartly utilized the space. Our two queen beds and the pull out sofa were both very comfortable. The table with 4 chairs was just right to enjoy card games. There was an apt. sized refrigerator which would have been very nice for a longer stay.. and I think the kitchen pretty much was set up, though we didn't have a reason to utilize it. The morning complimentary breakfast was very adequate ( hard boiled peeled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, bread, bagels, muffins, sweet roll, cereals, self serve made to order waffles, juice, coffee, and more. Choices remained available, thanks to the young lady who stayed busy keeping all stocked. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Located in a quiet area, off the beaten path, and only about a mile from the Shasta mall, In N Out...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoanStevens
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello JoanStevens,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We read each & every review to ensure that we remain focused on the correct areas. I was pleased to read your check-in was quick and that your accommodations were "fresh & clean" and perfect for a longer stay. If business or In-N-Out should bring you back to Shasta County, I hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Dave C
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in one of the suites with two bedrooms. We flew in from the UK and arrived fairly late and very tired. The lady was very friendly and checked us in quickly.

Good points about the suite;
The rooms were spotless.
The beds were very comfortable.
There wasn't much noise from outside.
Tv's and air con in each room

Bad points;
As Brits we had brought our own tea bags to have a much-needed cuppa on arrival... but no kettle! The kitchen area had everything else - including a dishwasher.
There was only a mirror in one of the bedrooms, so my sister had to use my room to do her hair etc

The hotel itself didn't have a huge amount of character, and the pool was over-looked by the car park (a bit of greenery planting would have been a good idea,) but I would recommend this hotel. However, the breakfast was a little disappointing; very little fruit or choice, but there was porridge and a great waffle making machine. I would also have preferred not to have to eat using styro-foam plates, cups and plastic cutlery. Maybe my expectations for brekkie were too high - esp considering the rating they give themselves.
Overall it was a very enjoyable stay, with helpful staff and good value for money.

Green Features: I'm not sure that plastic cutlery and plates is very environmentally friendly. We also hung our towels up so we could re-use them, but they were washed each day.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MeesesNorfolk
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello MeesesNorfolk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We review each & every survey to ensure we remain focused on the correct areas. I did note your comment regarding Styrofoam plates & plastic cutlery. We are working on solution to offer china & silverware. Please be assured we our continually working to improve our breakfast offerings as well.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with my entire team. After all, your satisfaction is what we are all working for!

Dave C
Chaska, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

The TownePlace Suites hotel is a clean, very comfortable place to stay! We enjoyed the small kitchen for making coffee and preparing fruit. It is very nice to have. The hotel is updated, staff is friendly and helpful, so all in all good value!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Sylvia0925,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Redding TownePlace Suites. I was pleased to read that "The hotel is updated, staff is friendly and helpful, so all in all good value!." We review each & every survey to ensure that we remain focused on the correct areas. If business or leisure should bring you back to Shasta County, I hope you will again choose the Redding TownePlace Suites.

Mount Shasta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is by far the best hotel I have every stayed at! Rooms are implacably clean, staff is extremely friendly and helpful, hotel is new and welcoming. Stay at this hotel and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marci W
Dave C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redding, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hello Marci W,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Redding was enjoyable.