“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”

Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Bangkok
“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Rarely have I ever been treated as I was treated this evening. I pulled into Redding after a long day on the road. There were a handful of hotels in the area, so I pulled this hotel up online and got the price for a room at the military rate. Since I was just a block way, I pulled in, phone in hand. The front desk attendant told me the price of the room was different. She was polite, at least, so I gave her my phone with the room price on it. The price was from the chain website, not a re-seller. She went to show it to the owner. I could hear him yelling in the next room at her with a different price. She came out, and I again told her this was their own website, not a re-seller. Then the owner came out and started yelling at me, actually yelling. At that point, I told him that I didn't appreciate him yelling at me, to which he said he didn't appreciate me "trying to cheat" him. I showed him the webpage once again, pointing out that this was from the company website. Again he started yelling at me. At that point, I told him I was going to write this review as well as contact corporate and give them the screen shot of the reservation page. He shouted at me to "go ahead!" I could have just completed the reservation, I realize, but with his aggressive berating of me, I had enough. I walked out, went across the street to another hotel, where I got a room hassle-free. Reading some of the other reviews on this site, I can see that the owner/manager has some problems with relating to customers and his aggressive attitude towards them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Jonathan B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My selection was made based on location (North Redding) and price. I didn't expect to spend much time there as I was visiting someone who lives in town and only needed a place to sleep. I got a great room in terms of size and cleanliness. An added bonus was the ease of internet connectivity and number of available outlets in the room for all of the devices that come with a Mom and teen on the road. The breakfast wasn't much but I wasn't expecting a full blown buffet so it served us until I could get to a coffee hut just down the road.
The front desk staff accommodated my request to change rooms, we booked a King then decided we wanted 2 beds, with no problem.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed there and this hotel is located next to a boarded up abandoned building at a dead end part of town I needed to stay for 2 nights for my daughters softball games. We were promised continental breakfast from 7 am to 9 am but on our last day we went down to the office at 7:20 and it was locked then we tried again 4 more times between 7:20 and 9 and never did it open we had to leave without checking out due to them not being opened. At 11 I called the hotel and let them know that we couldn't check out because they were closed. She said that they had to go to the hospital. I was very understanding. Then when I realized that I left a beanie there I called and asked them to please send it to me in the mail. They said sure and took down my address. Then we received a 10$ cod charge for a 3$ shipping of a small beanie. Then I called and explained the situation and he said well I charged your credit card $15 for us taking it to the post office and was so rude he called me a liar when I told him about being closed and he said no one went to the hospital. So they unlawfully charged my card for something I never approved or agreed to. They are very rude. Hotel isn't great there was stains on my comforter and
office smelled horrible. I would never go back and don't recommend anyone else to either.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Softballmom006

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The worst service I've ever had! Argued with the manager about the policy when I originally booked it on booking.com. It stated no cancellation fees and full breakfast...not true. You have to cancel 3 days prior...a little hard to do when you book it 3 days before your stay. We decided we may as well stay since I couldn't cancel and it was charged on my account already. All I wanted was the room key... he then argued that he didn't have a room for us... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!! Oh wait... there were only 3 cars in the entire parking lot of approx 20+ units. After arguing for 15 minutes he finally gave me the dang key to our room. I will never book online with booking.com or stay at America's Best ever again! The breakfast ended up being bite size muffins, ripe bananas, stale cereal, and orange juice. Booking.com told me that the hotel chain was the only one who could cancel our stay without penalty and called them directly.... way to be true to your advertising online.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DAT2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel by chance and I am glad we found this gem. The lady at the front desk is very helpful and sweet. The real reason I gave this place such high marks was the cleanliness. Spotless another reviewer said and it is true. From the carpets to the bathroom, phenomenal. I will highly recommend this hotel in the future. Stop your search and stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I were traveling and visiting Lassen National Park and seeing sights around Redding. We spent two days at this motel. I chose it because of the price and the ratings. This motel was extremely clean, quiet, and well run. It's location was excellent for what we wanted to do. The room had very comfortable beds, a mini refrigerator, and free Wi-Fi. They offered free breakfast, but it was very basic (cold cereal and mini-muffins) and you had to eat it in your room since the office did not have room for tables. The only other negative that came to mind is that the room did not have any tissues. You don't think about this much and take it for granted, but we really missed having tissues available. We would definitely stay here again if we come to the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple