“Pleasant suprise”

America's Best Value Inn & Suites
America's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We read several reviews for the area and the two latest for this place were encouraging. GPS got us there as it is not right on the freeway. 1. great reason to chose this place 2. Office personnel friendly, helpful, and charged the right price. Great A/C as it was 107 degrees at 5:30 PM, very clean, very well kept up and we thought it was a great place for a good nights rest after a long car ride..............give it a try if you happen to be passing through.

Dinner hint find Jack's Grill on California Street................fabulous steaks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cleanliness is the utmost important to me, especially with a small budget. The owners are both genuine, nice and caring people. Refridgerator and microwave in the room is also vey nice. A definite recommendation for this place

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Isitworking I
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at America's Best Value Inn with my father in May 2014. The reception desk is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, shower clean, beds very nice, there is a fridge and a microwave in the room, plenty of towels, free wi-fi, coffee in the mornin. Excellent budget price too. I would highly reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daria A
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Rarely have I ever been treated as I was treated this evening. I pulled into Redding after a long day on the road. There were a handful of hotels in the area, so I pulled this hotel up online and got the price for a room at the military rate. Since I was just a block way, I pulled in, phone in hand. The front desk attendant told me the price of the room was different. She was polite, at least, so I gave her my phone with the room price on it. The price was from the chain website, not a re-seller. She went to show it to the owner. I could hear him yelling in the next room at her with a different price. She came out, and I again told her this was their own website, not a re-seller. Then the owner came out and started yelling at me, actually yelling. At that point, I told him that I didn't appreciate him yelling at me, to which he said he didn't appreciate me "trying to cheat" him. I showed him the webpage once again, pointing out that this was from the company website. Again he started yelling at me. At that point, I told him I was going to write this review as well as contact corporate and give them the screen shot of the reservation page. He shouted at me to "go ahead!" I could have just completed the reservation, I realize, but with his aggressive berating of me, I had enough. I walked out, went across the street to another hotel, where I got a room hassle-free. Reading some of the other reviews on this site, I can see that the owner/manager has some problems with relating to customers and his aggressive attitude towards them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My selection was made based on location (North Redding) and price. I didn't expect to spend much time there as I was visiting someone who lives in town and only needed a place to sleep. I got a great room in terms of size and cleanliness. An added bonus was the ease of internet connectivity and number of available outlets in the room for all of the devices that come with a Mom and teen on the road. The breakfast wasn't much but I wasn't expecting a full blown buffet so it served us until I could get to a coffee hut just down the road.
The front desk staff accommodated my request to change rooms, we booked a King then decided we wanted 2 beds, with no problem.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Martha A
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed there and this hotel is located next to a boarded up abandoned building at a dead end part of town I needed to stay for 2 nights for my daughters softball games. We were promised continental breakfast from 7 am to 9 am but on our last day we went down to the office at 7:20 and it was locked then we tried again 4 more times between 7:20 and 9 and never did it open we had to leave without checking out due to them not being opened. At 11 I called the hotel and let them know that we couldn't check out because they were closed. She said that they had to go to the hospital. I was very understanding. Then when I realized that I left a beanie there I called and asked them to please send it to me in the mail. They said sure and took down my address. Then we received a 10$ cod charge for a 3$ shipping of a small beanie. Then I called and explained the situation and he said well I charged your credit card $15 for us taking it to the post office and was so rude he called me a liar when I told him about being closed and he said no one went to the hospital. So they unlawfully charged my card for something I never approved or agreed to. They are very rude. Hotel isn't great there was stains on my comforter and
office smelled horrible. I would never go back and don't recommend anyone else to either.

• Stayed: November 2013