“What has happened in the last year??”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Redding
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my perfect stopping spot on the way back home from California. This year, the room was dirty - I know mid-April may still not be the time for Spring Cleaning, but I was very disappointed. I have a tiny dog, and there were HUGE dog nose prints all over the mirrors, and sliding doors. The Desk had not been washed off - and knobs and switches all seemed dirty.
Now, I really appreciate that they accept dogs, but I still expect the room to have a level of cleanliness. I did feel that sheets and towels were clean, so did not ask to change rooms - I had been travelling for 11 hours. I went to get my sterilizing sheets out of the car, and tidied it up a bit.
The manager did make it right, by taking a percentage off of the room, that was much appreciated, but I am not sure I will stay there again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Redding

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came to Redding for the biannual California Volkssports Convention. Hotel is in a very accessible location for shopping, hotels and dining. Staff was attentive and welcoming. Hiked the Sacramento Ditch Trail and Lema Ranch. Lots of opportunities for enjoying the outdoors both within and outside of Redding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We try to stay in La Quinta hotels whenever possible because they are pet friendly. This one is in a prime location, close to the Interstate but not noisy and next door to a Cattleman's restaurant. The beds are super comfortable and the décor attractive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Easy on/off I5. Next door to Cattleman's Steak House (10% off for staying at La Quinta), pet friendly, people friendly, clean spacious rooms. We stay there every time we go south, and every time we come back, unless we forget to book ahead and can't get a room, and then we stay at the Red Lion, which has a great breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

No maid service, broken television, no help from staff. Hair on the bathroom floor and paper clips on the carpet. Had to ask for clean towels each day, staff did not care, made excuses. my daughter paid for a King size bed, microwave, and refrigerator, received a double bed with no micro or refrigerator.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We took a small road trip to Redding. We love the 299 for the views. Hubby booked our room through a "third party". When we checked in, it felt as if we were punished for booking our room this way. We arrived plenty early and were given the worst room in the entire hotel. A small, king with no patio or balcony and a window just feet from the freeway. When we went back to the desk, the lady cheerfully gave us a better room away from the traffic and with a balcony. For a single king, it was a spacious room. The bedding was nice and clean. I was surprised that the wi-fi had a good signal (not usually the case when there is no password). There is a continental breakfast in the lobby area. I loved they had hardboiled eggs instead of the powdered, scrambled ones. But...the coffee is hideous, instant from a machine. And I was disappointed that they use so much styrofoam. I would stay there again, good price for the stay. Bring your suit, they have a nice clean pool.

Room Tip: Rooms along the freeway are small and very noisy. Pool view rooms all have balconies or patios.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very clean, neat, well maintained, with friendly, courteous staff. Great breakfast. If you are one of their club members - check in and out is a total of 10 seconds. Great restaurant - Cattleman's Steakhouse - right next door. Plenty of convenient, well lit parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family