“Not a wise choice”

Motel 6 Redding Central
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed at this motel 6 during a visit to Redding, I found the room to be shoddy, ripped curtains, STUFF on the wall and i dont want to know what it was. This website asks to post a picture, i should have done it so maybe someone could identify the (stuff) on the wall

The bed was comfortable and the shower was new and had good pressure and hot water, the parking spaces are designed for go carts not cars and certanally not p/up trucks.

you are not allowed to have guests in your room past 10pm, so this suggests to me crimanal activity.

I grew up in Redding and have stayed here before years ago and it was a nice motel, it just has been let go.

I can only speak for the room i stayed in and i will not stay there again. The two others in town might be nice ones.

Room Tip: Pass this one by and try another
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert I

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Got here, checked in-went to our room. First thing I hear is a lady violentally cussing out her man friend in the room next to ours. They slam doors and loudly describe I'm detail all the reasons they hate each other. Their room and ours are separated by a door! Seriously, what kind of motel does doors between rooms anymore. I had to stuff towels in the crack because we started smelling something very strange. Finally call down and tell the front desk guy we need another room. He seems completely unconcerned but does oblige and move us one door down so now our first room is in between us and the crazy tweekers plus no door in between. The room smelled so badly of cigarettes to which we are both allergic, even our 2 little dogs sneezed. Said non smoking, yah right! This place is shady, not very clean and drug addicts, weirdos and prostitutes are running all over the place ALL NIGHT LONG. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 4 January 2013

You could have a cleaner room in the Redding drunk tank. wWhen we checked in the clerk wanted wy wife ID as well which was a first. She explained it was to keep the rif raff out. The room was gross dirty and smelled bad after changing rooms to find another just as bad! how can you keep and old saggy mattress and charge normal rates. Let the riff raff back in I'll stay some place else.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulszedshed
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This was another Motel 6 gamble that was a failure. It's on I-5 and therefore heavily used - we should have known better. Toilet had not been properly cleaned; furniture and fixtures were very worn; the grounds were unkempt. The next morning we were locked out of the room for almost an hour because the battery for the card key assembly had died and the manager could not locate a master key. I asked for a comp stay certificate but when we attempted to use it at another Motel 6 they would not accept because it had not been properly filled out. Research individual Motel 6 locations before staying!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Hilltop have less noise from I=5.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troonster
Reviewed 11 July 2012

worst night I've spent. went fishing on the cheap and had a better nights sleep in my tent the next night. generally ok but the bed was like a rock.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank timothy d
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I arrived late after a long drive and all we wanted to do was check in and get to sleep. The line to check in had 1 family in front of us who didn't speak English and couldn't understand that each adult had to provide an ID to check in. The clerk, becoming increasingly irritated was literally shouting at these people. Finally, after about 10 mins of this, we were able to check in.

The room was absolutely DISGUSTING. I reserved a nonsmoking room, yet there were cigarrette burns on the comforter and the room smelled of smoke. There were long black hairs all over the towels and pillowcase. The worst thing happened when I pulled back the sheets and discovered a huge reddish stain on the bed that looked like blood! I had to sleep on top of the comforter. The next morning, I asked the front desk for another bath towel (since all but 1 of ours had hair and/or scary-looking stains on them) and they said they ran out so they gave me a stack of hand towels! This was the absolute worst stay I've ever had ANYWHERE. The room was absolutely disgusting and the service was terrible. I filed a complaint with Motel 6 and only got an automated "Sorry 'bout that but please stay with us again anyway" response.

The managers of this property obviously don't care if people visit or not, so save yourself from being totally grossed out and stay somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Granted I stayed here solely for cost savings, since I was on a motorcycle trip and planned to spend about 8 hours a day riding, but still. The room was semi clean, aside from women’s hair all over the bathroom. The location was convenient for what I was there for, close to the highway and restaurants.
There was a girl there every night, I thought she worked there??? But she was always in the laundry room talking on here phone. We came to the conclusion she was either a dealer, or a prostitute. No kidding. Saturday night was particularly interesting! The smell of marijuana wafting out of several rooms. People casually drinking 24oz beers from paper bags on the balcony. Naked children running about. Have you ever seen a mental hospital in the movies? That's what I was thinking.
I guess it wasn't so much the Motel that gave me the creeps, so much as the clientele. I plan to do more motorcycle riding in the Redding area someday, but I won't be staying at the Motel 6 again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends