“Lower end Motel 6 with nice staff”

Motel 6 Redding North
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Santa Cruz, California
“Lower end Motel 6 with nice staff”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

When i got up in the morning, i watched housekeepers lugging Santa-sized bag after bag, stuffed with party trash, to the dumpster, proof of what I'd seen the night before: several 20 somethings hanging around the porches of the motel late into the night in the 40 degree weather. I wasn't disturbed by the party noise, but I had to turn on the fan to drown out the highway traffic sounds. I was disturbed by the lingering smoke in my No Smoking room. I commiserate with the staff who can't very well police people with no concern for the rules. There were stubborn stains in the rug, but, otherwise, i got a warm room, a shower and a clean bed. Blooming fruit trees brightened what had been a fairly dingy, low rent look around the motel the night before. The desk workers were unfailingly kind and polite.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lilytooth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We were tired and the roads were in bad shape, so we stopped at this Motel 6. The check-in staff was friendly. Although we haven't stayed in a Motel 6 for a while, we asked for extra towels, which proofed to be the right thing to do. Our room with two double beds was small but clean except for this horribly dirty chair at the desk. It must have come out of a smoking room and should have been thrown in the trash long ago. And that was the only chair in that room. The shower was small, but well designed, no shampoo (except in the vending machine), no hair dryer. The Motel 6 staff conveniently forgot to tell us that the fee for Wi-Fi access is only for one computer and it was very pretty slow. Coffee is in the office. The clerk in the morning refused to give me any kind of a receipt as their printer was broken, she had no paper with a Motel 6 logo, so she wrote our charges on a piece of scrap-paper and wouldn't sign it. The only place for food close-by is a deli with decent, if somewhat high priced sandwiches. We just seem to have a hard time finding a decent place at a decent price around Redding.

Room Tip: This is tough, one side faces the freeway which seems inches away, the other side seems to have too...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shock43
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Dogs, children, assigned to a "dirty" room after traveling well over 500
miles, with a reservation. Will not ever stay at this location again for
any reason. The check-in person obviously was untrained, gave us
directions to fast food restauarants that the GPS could not find, nor
was his handwritten map readable. Linens are old and bedding is
deplorable. The person that changed our room said that she herself
had made it up and was extremely apologetic..that didn't help us with
the problems check in person #1 caused. Perhaps this property would
rather not have Sr. Citizens or others that prefer to be thrifty.

Room Tip: Was assigned a room not cleaned and in terrible shape. After going to "front desk" and t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandcasrle

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I-5 climbs to north 50 m in front of most of the rooms. Harley dealer right next door with clowns roaring up street on other side. Noisy as heck. Guy next door smoking either in room or outside. Smoke got sucked into our room through air-conditioning. Then he goes and has a hacking attack in room which reverberates through air conditioning duct. Also audible through connecting door. This place sucks massively. Front desk was very pleasant but that can't make up for the crappy premises. Air conditioning worked great on a 108 deg day though. Definitely won't be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Janesville, California
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the first and last time. I was only in the room at night to sleep. I spent two nights there a Fri and a Sat. After i got up sat morning i Felt that i was starting to itch all over my arms and legs. I asked them to change the linen in the morning and left. When i came back that night i went to bed on my new sheets. I woke up in the morning with puss and fluid coming out of my bights. I had to stop at the hospital on the way home to find out what it was. I was told bed bugs and that i should call them and let them know,. I was given some itch cream and told it would go away in a few weeks ..The Dr told me to burn and get rid of all my cloths because they have eggs in them and could be passed to my kids. I called the hotel and told them they have a huge problem with bed bugs. They told me that if there was a problem they would know it. I then sent 20 or so Pics of my arms to the hotel manager and tried to call her back. Now she said she could not talk to me. So i told them fine and called the Dept of health and reported the bed bugs. They said it was not the first report over the last year. The infestation was so bad the health dept shut down 20 hotel rooms for 5 days. even after all of this they refused to refund my stay or me for the cloths i had to throw out. I was told by a person in TX somewhere that i just needed to get used to it because they cant stop it from happening. Motel 6 does not care about cleaning their rooms and will do what ever they can to get over on their customers. Mike, R

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel or motel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank occy6969
Hurricane, Utah
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Typical Motel 6 - but kept clean and "usually" pretty quiet. Friendly staff. North end of town, less traffic, etc. Great spot for day trips in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Us2Berts
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have never been to Redding before and was looking for a cheap hotel for the night. The front desk staff was nice and friendly, and our hotel room was clean. If your looking for a quiet place to sleep this is not for you as it is off the highway and you can hear cars passing by. Our bathroom shower would leak throughout the night. And then some guy was trying to sell drugs as he walked by our room. After that i locked my door and kept a close eye on my things. Will more than likely not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012