“Outstanding Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Redding, California
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everything you could ask for in a hotel! The facility has been recently remodeled and is in 'like new' condition. The staff is friendly and accommodating and there is a top-notch restaurant just off the main entrance. Location is important, and this hotel is near the freeway and located in the newer retail center of Redding, not far from the Hilltop Mall. This was my second stay there, and I'm sure it won't be my last.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R C
Brandi M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We do take pride in the fact we have an outstanding culinary team in our kitchen. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center a leader in excellence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

An average Holiday Inn. Disappointed they don't offer free breakfast. However the room was clean & it was very quiet. Quick check in & check out. Plenty of parking if you are pulling something. Easy to get to from I-5

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brandi M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the location and the quietness of our property. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of us not having a continental breakfast, however if you do our Best for Flex rate (additional $8.00) that includes breakfast for 2 in our wonderful restaurant. We hope should you have the chance to come to Redding again you will stay with us.
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a nice hotel. The staff is welcoming and the rooms are neat and clean - although some of them are very noisy. Make sure you ask for the "quiet side".... We did not try the restaurant as we have not been happy with most hotel restaurants.

My only negative comment is that this hotel only provides the usual awful coffee/coffee maker in the room or you have to purchase the coffee in the restaurant (I waited and waited at the entrance to the restaurant and no one came to either seat me or allow me to purchase coffee). Come on folks, supply complimentary coffee in the lobby as even most of the cheapest hotels do!! It costs you almost nothing and is really expected!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandi M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Holiday Inn and Convention Center Redding was enjoyable. Your feedback is a valuable tool we use to ensure we are focused on the correct areas for our guests to feel at home when away from home. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center a leader in excellence.
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Outstanding service was provided from the moment we checked in. I wish I had the ladies name who checked us in she was amazing. You couldn't get any better service than Sue in the dinning room provided. She was amazing, offered great suggestions, service was excellent. She took total care of us with a smile and perfection! While Sue waited on others Vickie was also excellent and righ there to help. I am a road warrior and would recommend this hotel above any I have stayed out in the last year! Thank you!

Room Tip: Great dinner menu! Very accomodating for the location and type of room requested! Quick, fast and...
1 Thank Bonnie D
Southern Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We decided on a short notice trip to Redding for the holiday weekend. Booked a good deal through priceline and had high hopes since we got a room for about 50% off.
Immediately we contacted the hotel to request two beds and non-smoking room, which they happily accommodated. That was the last good experience we had with this hotel.
Upon arriving I checked-in. Agreed not to smoke in my room and found our way to the room. Upon open the door to the room my family was greeted with the horrible smell of smoke. We couldn't even walk in to the room.
Immediately we went back to the front desk, confident they would right the wrong as promised, but no. All they had available was single King beds only. I asked if there was a pack-n-play then to fit our 4 year old in for a place to sleep, but no they were all out. How about a roll-away for the up charge? No, that doesn't fit in the room. We settled and made our way to our new room, convinced we would be sharing a King size bed with the three of us in it... I had a bit of hope when there was a small chair and ottoman that made the perfect little sleeping space for our 4 year old. I asked for pack-n-play linens or extra blanket to make up the little bed. No one had an idea. Finally housekeeping staff brought this shrunk up blanket that looked like it was for a doll. Next best thing was to ask for extra towels since they were bigger as well as an extra pillow. It worked...Not ideal, but it was better than cramming in the bed together or being in a smoky, stinky room.
The AC unit in the room as was loud and had to run often since it was so warm in Redding (in the mid to high 90s). Our daughter quickly showed signs of allergies and upon returning home I am fighting a sore throat.
Bottle of shampoo in room was left half full, which made me question the cleanliness of the room.
Room was poorly laid out. Unit with TV on it and desk should be switched so you can actually sit in the desk chair. There was not enough room between the end of the bed and the desk to use it, but plenty of space where the TV unit was. This would also put the TV at the end of the bed where it would be more convenient to watch. There is also plenty of room for a roll-away...
The location is convenient, which was a plus. Staff was nice about not accommodating you, so that is something I guess.
They treat people who prepay through Priceline poorly once you arrive. I heard them tell two other guests that they did not have rooms they were requesting available, though their website advertised plenty at the time they were checking in.
Ultimately my expectations for hotels are usually pretty low. I want a quite room and a good nights sleep on a reasonably comfortable bed. I didn't find that here. I also did not appreciate staff not accommodating my original request and making it so difficult when probably didn't need to be. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone else who looks for those same things. But, I did have to give them something on the plus side for not forcing us to stay in a smoking room at the end of the day. I am not sure my family could have handled it.

Room Tip: Be careful if you book through Priceline and don't want smoking or need more than one bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChateauCC
Brandi M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We have to apologize for your disappointing stay with us. Unfortunately Priceline rooms are booked at a discount and are subject to rooms that are available at the time of check in. Of course, we always try and accommodate all requests that are made, however on a holiday weekend we had many reservations that were made well in advance which did result in limited options for room types. We hope that if you are ever in Redding again you will give us another chance, please call us directly to book, we are always running specials and with a direct booking we can guarantee your room type.

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Paradise, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had several weeks of training in Redding and was lodged at the Holiday Inn. Due to some issues with the per diem, my company had me set up to eat every meal for the first week at the hotel restaurant, the Braided Mane. Vickie and the rest of the Braided Mane staff took such amazing care of my coworker and I. We had to travel a 10 minute drive each day to come back for lunch and they made arrangements for us to have our food ready by the time we arrived each day. Their care and courtesy is an amazing example of their excellent customer service and the food was great too! Whether you are staying at the hotel or not, a stop at the Braided Mane will leave you satisfied both with the service and the food.

The hotel itself was also great, the room was tidy, comfortable and very clean. The front desk staff, Jordan, did a great job serving my coworker and myself. All in all, it was a great experience. One thing though was that they ran the laundry a bit late in the evening and I was right above it, so if someone was trying to sleep at that time, it might be a bit annoying. Other than that, I would absolutely come back here again outside of a work trip if I was visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask not to be close to the laundry room if possible, the dryer is a bit loud.
2 Thank Jtvaldovinos
Brandi M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding The Holiday Inn & Convention Center. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center a leader in excellence. We apologize that the dryer was loud and we will be looking into that to see what we can do to rectify the situation.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was on a business/leisure trip and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn in Redding due to the property location and its appearance. It looks like a stately mansion property and is well constructed and pleasing. I was greeted by a wonderful staff member named Jordan who helped me get a room that was quite pleasant for me and my Terrier.

I am from the Bay Area of Calif and am not used to the smaller town friendliness and courtesies extended to me and my pet. Its a wonderful hotel with a staff that is amazing in customer service. I hate to go back to San Jose after experiencing such a friendly town and great accommodations.

The price also was great for the quality and amenities provided. The only thing I would improve is the speed of the WI-FI which is a small quibble for the extent of my satisfaction staying here. I recommend Holiday Inn Redding very highly and I will be back several times this year to stay.

Its also close to great restaurants, hiking trails including the famous Sundial Bridge, and super good sporting goods stores.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the freeway side but the rooms are very well insulated so it may not matter.
1 Thank loomis_fr
Sumer K, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were here with us at The Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center. It is very rewarding when someone takes time out of their busy schedule to thank us for the Customer service they have received. Guests like you help to reinforce our staff with the passion to continue providing excellent services. We thank you again, and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Redding area.