“hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pacifica, California
“hotel”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We enjoyed our break at his hotel very miuch, Nice clean rooms, with plenty of extra pillows on the bed, which we love. I hate having to call room service for more pillows. Also enjoyed the bar on site & the excellent hot breakfast buffet in the morning before we left. Very pleasant staff, from receptionists to cleaners, all had a friendly smile.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Saskatoon
Reviewed 20 September 2013

While traveling to Arizona we had to stop for one night. We arrived very late after midnight in Redding, and chose the first place we saw which was the Red Lion Hotel. We where only going two be needing the room for about 6 hours of sleep. Most places that are not full with their occupancy will give you a walk-in rate that time of night but not this one. The room on the bottom floor smelt musty and dusty. The shower basin was absolutely dangerous in the way it was constructed. We did however get a free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emeryville, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The pool side rooms with lounge chairs are awesome ! Wonderful hotel to stay at to get a tan eat good foot or even some drinks. Perfect all around hotel for a weekend get away. Very friendly staff and nice rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Red Lion a bit dubiously: we had to charge our electric car and they have a usable charger, but we weren't so sure about a hotel chain we'd never heard of--still there we were. We were pleasantly surprised! While there is a definitely dated vibe--the Brady Bunch era?---this is a pretty nice place to stay. Comfortable bed, big bathroom, clean and stocked---we'd stay again.
The best surprise was the bar and grill: absolutely delicious homemade fries! We ate a whole basket. Our drinks were wonderful as were our steaks. And Carole, our server, was a gem. What a nice find.

• Stayed September 2013
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were given a military/government discount rate during our one night stay here. I was thrilled they offer a military discount, but was a little upset when I was informed that we did not qualify for the complimentary breakfast because we were paying at the discounted rate. The whole "take some away to get something else" philosophy doesn't sit well with me, and I believe we should have received the same service we would have without the discount.
Everything else was great and I was happy about the pet policy since it can be difficult to find somewhere to stay that allows dogs.

• Stayed September 2013
SAFETY HARBOR
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I ended up at the Red Lion when my flight out of Redding got cancelled (long story, DO NOT get me started). Counter agent at the airline was very accommodating and called the Red Lion on my behalf and negotiated me a distressed traveller rate. The crew from the inbound flight was staying there as well, so they got me on the shuttle to the hotel with the crew.

Have you ever stayed at one of those cool hotels where it seems like it was built privately, rather than by some chain that builds all of their hotels with a cookie cutter floorplan? This is one of those hotels. It's got a rambling floor plan, a very cool two story lobby, and just a great architectural feel overall.

My room on the ground floor had sliding glass doors that opened up to my own patio furniture. The room was VERY large and spacious, as was the bathroom. The decor, furniture, and amenities of the room all had a slightly upscale feel to them. The bathroom seemed to have been updated with nice countertops, shower stall, tile all around, and just a great feel to it.

Free Wi-Fi was a nice touch. The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. Breakfast buffet was good.

The only drawback I could mention is a slight musty smell in the room when I first walked in. Like it just needed to be aired out. Fairly common in hotel rooms, so I didn't mind it, but thought I should mention it as the only negative to my ENTIRE stay here.

If I EVER end up back in Redding, I'll be staying at the Red Lion without a doubt!

• Stayed August 2013
crescent city
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Very nice accommodations. I usually do not tip cleaning staff, but on this trip it was worth it. Now the rooms were what I expect from a red lion, a grade above the average. What tipped the scale here was that I was a very late check out and even though the management was rushing my daughters and myself , the cleaning staff kept reassuring us and even assisted my 7 year old with her luggage. THe breakfast buffet is well worth the price especially considering my children were free. A word of caution however, if you want to pay cash for the buffet, make sure that you so before they ask you your room number. I paid cash and then when I checked out, I found that the waitress pocketed the $20 and billed it to my room. The staff had no issue crediting my bill, but it did make me wonder. Pool and fitness center are up to par, so for $84.00 a night I was very pleased.

Room Tip: Most rooms are acceptable, if you really want the quite section, then see an interior or north side...