“Wouldn't consider”

Red Lion Hotel Redding
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Redding
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I wouldn't consider going to any other hotel on the strip. I know that the other hotels might have a lower rate (I saw it on their signs), but it is the ambience of Redding Red Lion Hotel that brings me back.
Tell me about an early lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

From the entire staff at the Hotel—Thank-you for your kind comments; it was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

When we took a road trip to California two years ago, we stopped at the Red Lion in Redding. We were so impressed with the front desk staff that I insisted we plan this year's trip to stop there on our way to southern California. When we arrived, I found that I had made my reservation for the wrong night and the hotel was full due to weddings and graduations. The front desk clerk was amazing and "worked her magic" to find us a room. As the room was not ready, she called housekeeping to put a rush on it while we explored the area and looked for a restaurant that allows dogs, as it was too hot to leave our dog in the car. This amazing young woman even offered to keep our dog behind the desk with her, so he would be safe. She also acted as concierge in recommending places we would like in the area. In my travels, I find that as long as the room is clean and the grounds are cared for, the staff makes the difference in one's experience at a hotel.
This Red Lion is kept clean and inviting, both inside and out. Their roaring start breakfast is so much better than most restaurants as they offer hot food that we order. They have a nice lounge with excellent service. When I encountered an employee while walking down the hall, he or she would always be wearing a smile. I think that the manager of this Red Lion must set the standard and should be commended for both hiring well and training well.
As others have noted, this property is located in a nice area near the freeway (without freeway noise) and near many restaurants and shops. It is also located near a trail that takes you to a great park (Sundial Bridge Park?).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Red Lion is a great place to stay for class trips. It is clean and the trees and grass areas around the pool area make it feel more like a resort. The pool is fantastic, the hot top enjoyable. The staff is "kid friendly" and the breakfast has wide variety of offerings that the students enjoy. The Courtyard area is very quiet. Poolside rooms can be noisy during weekends when the restaurant band is playing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron W

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a typical Red Lion hotel in a good location in Redding. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Our daughter lives just outside Redding and this will definitely be our "go-to" hotel when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed in various Red Lion Hotels along the Western States and my stay at Red Lion has always been the same, average old hotels. I guess they maintain consistency in this respect.
I had the opportunity to stay at Red Lion Redding CA. As expected the hotel was old and some of the furnishing in my room needed repair or replacement. I usually enjoy hot breakfast in the morning and looked forward to their breakfast after spending a few nights with other chains that offered only continental breakfast however I was surprised to see very limited selection. Definitely no WOW factor.
On the bright side, the hotel is located in a very good location close to the Freeway and many eating establishments nearby. It will be a very good hotel with a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RedLion_Redding, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2015

Beginning mid December, I have been brought in to take the property to its next level. Starting in 2015 there will be major capital spent to upgrade the rooms and property. You'll see the change soon. Our location is one of most frequently commented on offerings. Thanks for mentioning it.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed on a road trip and have used Red Lions before, this is a great one. Nice rooms, good staff and best quality breakfast of any on the last 5 on the road which were other brands.
Will make it our stop in Redding for sure if our future trips make the time of day appropriate for a stop there - highly recommend, nothing to complain about at all!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Good to hear that your night with us went well. I appreciate your comments about our Roaring Start buffet breakfast. We have a lot of people rave about that meal here. Thank you and do return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had stayed at this Red Lion once before and needed to be in Redding two weeks later. Service was excellent. They signed me up for the R&R Club saving me some money. Room was comfortable and the bed was excellent. I had some important equipment with me and was to heavy to get to the second floor so they let me wheel it in and lock it in a room behind the desk... now that is good service. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Breakfast in the morning was very good and everything was fresh.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are my choice, I don't like hearing people walking over the top of me.