“Fell from 5 to 3 for Misrepresenting Service”

Red Lion Hotel Redding
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Redding
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding
“Fell from 5 to 3 for Misrepresenting Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything was great except for the Red Lion representatives that misrepresented that they had an onsite car charging station. They have a 240 volt outlet that requires car owners to bring their own 4-prong adapter. I would have given a higher rating had they properly represented their service capabilities, though I would have looked for the services I required elsewhere if they had been honest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Cindie,

I was deeply concerned to learn of your experience regarding the technical difficulties with our car charging station. We designed the station based on the requirements provided to us by another guest who uses the station on a regular basis. We were not aware that additional components were needed. I want to assure you that our staff does their best to assure our guests receive the service they deserve with all items in working order and I apologize we fell short. I appreciate your concerns.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness, food quality, security and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guests. Your added input has been additionally helpful. Thank you for your correspondence.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope that you will give Red Lion another opportunity to delivery our usually impeccable product and service in the not so distant future.

Chris K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Fairfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Attended a graduation in Redding and spent the night, very friendly staff, room was nice size, clean and quiet. It had access from the parking lot to its patio on the first floor which made it easy to unload the car. Breakfast was offered for a small fee (all you could eat) but we did not try this.

Room Tip: Easy to find, near freeway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Cheryl,

From the entire staff at the Hotel—Thank-you for your kind comments; it was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Sumner, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is usually our go to hotel when we are visiting relatives in Redding.
I am not sure what has happened in the last year, but our Recent stay was very disappointing.
We ended up getting a good rate on the internet so I wasn't expecting to get the best room available, however I wasn't expecting to get a room that was not fully cleaned. The toilet rim had stains from a previous occupant. The bathroom faucet still had toothpaste on the spigot, and the shower was not looking to inviting. I did a quick clean myself before my wife noticed, since we were pressed for time I didn't want her to have to stress anymore than she was already.
We were staying for four nights and the hotel wasn't overly busy, so we called the front desk and asked if we could get an inside room with a view of the courtyard
we were told we could move to a different wing that had a grassy area and it would be an upgrade with no charge. The room we were "upgraded " to was no better than the other room. it was cleaner, but when we first opened the door and walked in the room I noticed that both sliding closet doors were off their tracks. How do you miss this when cleaning a room? I mentioned it to a housekeeper that was in the hall, she said she couldn't believe it and shrugged it off. I hung the doors myself so we would be able to use the closet without having to wrestle with the doors.
All and all very disappointing and we will not be staying here again in the future.

2 Thank Mark J
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your survey and for describing the problems encountered during your stay with housekeeping. I sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your housekeeping service. We take pride in the cleanliness of our guest rooms and are embarrassed to learn of your experience.

I hope in the future you will consider staying with Red Lion and if you are in our area again, I would be delighted if you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate our usually impeccable hospitality.

Again, thank you for your input as it is invaluable to improving our product.

Windsor, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel is a bit old however it was very clean and the rooms are very large. Very nice pool/hot tub area. A/C unit in the room took a long time to cool off entire room. Morning breakfast was cheap - kids are free.

Dear Shelly,

Marysville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Wife and I booked this room as an overnight stop on our way home to Seattle from California. The Red Lion Hotel chain has always been good to us and felt comfortable staying at the Redding location. The hotel is located just off I-5 and very close to markets, gas stations, and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and even offered to upgrade our room so as to keep our walk from the lobby desk to a minimum. The hotel lobby is clean but could use some updating, as could the hallway carpets. The room was clean and smelled good. Nice large flat screen TV, comfortable and clean bed and pillows. The in room fridge, microwave and coffee maker all worked and was nice to have. Bathroom was clean, had all the expected amenities such as towels, soap, etc. The bathroom room floor tile grout was older somewhat dirty, that should be either deep cleaned or replaced, however the bathroom in general was very clean. Excellent shower pressure and plenty of hot water.
Our overnight experience here was good, just a notch lower than the Hilton Garden Inn a few miles away, but the Red Lion was $20 less. All in all it was a good stay and I would stay here again and certainly recommend to others based on our experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, 12 June 2014

Redding
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I wouldn't consider going to any other hotel on the strip. I know that the other hotels might have a lower rate (I saw it on their signs), but it is the ambience of Redding Red Lion Hotel that brings me back.
Tell me about an early lunch or dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Ckorol, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Redding, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

When we took a road trip to California two years ago, we stopped at the Red Lion in Redding. We were so impressed with the front desk staff that I insisted we plan this year's trip to stop there on our way to southern California. When we arrived, I found that I had made my reservation for the wrong night and the hotel was full due to weddings and graduations. The front desk clerk was amazing and "worked her magic" to find us a room. As the room was not ready, she called housekeeping to put a rush on it while we explored the area and looked for a restaurant that allows dogs, as it was too hot to leave our dog in the car. This amazing young woman even offered to keep our dog behind the desk with her, so he would be safe. She also acted as concierge in recommending places we would like in the area. In my travels, I find that as long as the room is clean and the grounds are cared for, the staff makes the difference in one's experience at a hotel.
This Red Lion is kept clean and inviting, both inside and out. Their roaring start breakfast is so much better than most restaurants as they offer hot food that we order. They have a nice lounge with excellent service. When I encountered an employee while walking down the hall, he or she would always be wearing a smile. I think that the manager of this Red Lion must set the standard and should be commended for both hiring well and training well.
As others have noted, this property is located in a nice area near the freeway (without freeway noise) and near many restaurants and shops. It is also located near a trail that takes you to a great park (Sundial Bridge Park?).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family