“Did not meet expectations”
Review of Super 8 Redding

Super 8 Redding
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Seattle
“Did not meet expectations”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had just come off 9 hours on the road and were looking for a clean place to catch some sleep. I have stayed in numerous Super 8, Days Inn etc type hotels and knew what I should be getting for my money. My expectations were not very high, but I didn't expect it to be bad. First off, when I booked my reservation, I had booked a Queen Bed, but when I arrived an hour later, they were out of Queen bedrooms. No big deal, but the clerk, who was polite, made a big point of telling me they weren't going to charge me for 2 double beds. Huh ,why would the charge me extra when they sold out of the room that I had a reservation for? But it wasn't a big deal. Next the clerk lets me know their key card reader is not working, so he would have to walk us up and let us the room. If we wanted to leave the room we would need to come get the clerk to let us back in. Again, not a huge deal, but just a little something else that wasn't going right. Next we get to the non-smoking room, and it smelled like someone had been smoking. At this point I was too tired to really say anything. We go to sleep, in separate beds, there are hairs on 2 of the 4 pillows in the room. My girlfriend was not happy at all. We switched pillows and fell asleep. Next, the alarm clock always crackled hummed all night long. Or at least until we unplugged it. The breakfast was bad. The oranges were soft and soggy. The coffee bland, the orange juice pretty gnarly, if you can even call it orange juice. They even have the nerve to put up a sign that asks you to only take one of the cinnamon rolls. I didn't have one, but maybe they were the only good thing there and possibly that is why people were taking more than one? Just a few other small things, the floors were kind of dirty, the pool (it was winter time and I didn't expect it to be open) was dirty and unkept. Overall this hotel needs a good cleaning and some general up keep in order for this hotel. To be fair here are some good things about the hotel. The clerk was friendly and definitely was trying to do his best under the circumstances. The maid staff smiled and said good morning. The room size is decent and the beds were actually pretty comfortable. There is a super funny sign in the the room stating that since so many people like the towels and linens they are for sale. If the room happens to be short a wash cloth it will only cost you $4.99 and a threadbare towel is only $14.99. Pretty funny stuff, at least they have sense of humor. And this is right of the I-5 so easy access. If I stayed here again, I would expect it to cost no more than $39.95, about 1/2 of what is ran on 1/4/2014. I haven't stayed anywhere else in the Redding area, but for $80, I would have expected cleaner, and a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Room we had facing the parking lot was actually pretty quite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christopher B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
University Place, Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Found a coupon in the hotel/motel guides found at gas stations. Stayed the night of 1 January 2014. "Debbie" had our phone reservation paperwork and key ready when we checked in. The room was clean and fresh-smelling. A small round table had a large coffee pot and plenty of coffee packets. The motel is a quick turn off I-5, a Burger King was about one block away. Breakfast was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful, lobby large with a TV area, newspapers and breakfast tables. Coffee available 24 hours in the lobby. The price was right and I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Glendale
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Linens were thin, room was dirty, beds sagged, desk clerk was not helpful (I stayed at this Super 8 on a previous visit and had a much better experience). Breakfast there was nothing but waffle mix bread cold cereal and Tang which was passed off as orange juice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Lynn B

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 1 January 2014

the staff accomadated my needs, in superior fashion. manager was quick to respond to my needs. debra was very helpful at check-in. would recommend staying here to everyone. room was clean, housekeepers were polite. would definately stay again when travelling through. super 8 is my choice of motels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at several hotels in Redding. We have stayed at this Super 8 the past three visits. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. The price is reasonable and the rooms have been decent. Not every room has a refrigerator, but we have been able to get one when we request one. Breakfast is not as diverse as at a more expensive hotel, but it works for me. We save $40 a night by staying at this Super 8.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family