“Stayed here multiple times, never a bad experience”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Columbus, OH
“Stayed here multiple times, never a bad experience”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We have stayed at Oxford Suites on multiple occasions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a decent amount of room in the suite and things are well kept and clean.

The breakfast each morning is a great value because it is hot and varies some from day to day. For the price, this place is the best value we have found in Redding.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Woodland, California
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The front desk staff members were considerate and helpful and very hospitable. We missed the evening munchies, but enjoyed a great freshly cooked breakfast. Our room was clean and well appointed. I even left an item of clothing and returned for it...and found the staff had it all ready for me and on a hanger! Wow! I've stayed there in the past during convention, and if I find myself staying in Redding again, I'll certainly choose Oxford Suites. Thank you all!

1 Thank Debideer
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2011

If this is the second best hotel in Redding, I sense a business opportunity. We paid $130 to stay here and found a run-down room with an extremely liberal definition of the word "suite." The bathroom smelled overwhelmingly of urine and the mattress was one of the worst I've ever slept on. Upon first walking into the room, my 4-year old started wailing, "I want to go home!" We should have listened to her.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gonzoct
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment and we apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Would you be willing to call our General Manager, Ryan Rydalch at 800.762.0133, to allow us to convey our apologies personally? We would like the opportunity to learn the specifics of your stay as what you describe is not typical of a standard Oxford Suites stay, and we want to make certain it does not happen in the future. We appreciate any assistance you would be willing to provide and again, we thank you for the feedback.
Oregon Coast
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Although they weren't able to immediately locate on their computer our reservation, which we had made a few weeks ago online, they were able to find it in a three-ring binder in hard copy!

We were fortunate to be upgraded to an Executibve Queen Suite on the third floor. The room was much brighter than the first-floor suites, which are surrounded by tall, dark shrubbery, perhaps for security reasons.

The room was clean and well-appointed. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic, reminded me of Kramer's Commando 1000 on Seinfeld ;-)

Their evening hospitality drinks and munchies were well appreciated. Our only regret was that we were passing through Redding on our way to Southern California, and were only able to stay one night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OregonCoast44
Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed 2 nights all was well. Room was fair-sized and clean. Amenities were average for the price. I appreciated the complementary breakfast, the friendly staff and the bed was super comfortable with lots of pillows. I have to say that the place was crammed full of kids on the days I stayed, but I never heard a sound during the night. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The pool area is very noisy - the best rooms are on the front of the building - third floor.
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My family stayed in this hotel at the end of July. We ended up staying there during a swimming tournament that was happening in town. The pool was packed as sardines and was an accident ready to happen. Kids were cannon balling in the pool and I was waiting for someone to get hit. Our own kids didn't want to go in because they were worried. The room was a bit of a strange set up having the pull out sofa for the kids in the living room area which had a blasting air conditioner with a small hallway between that and the bedroom which had no air conditioning at all. The bedding was fresh and clean. Unfortunately, with no air conditioning in that room it made it unbearable to be in. Luckily, we went down to the front desk and asked if they had a portable fan. The lady was extremely nice and said we could use the one from the kitchen. My husband had a very long drive the next day so thank goodness for the fan!!!!! The breakfast room was very busy with the people from the swimming tournament the next morning so we had a little trouble finding a table. The food was good and the biscuits amazing! I think we would probably not stay there again and would opt for the Hampton Inn that is withing walking distance from there.

Room Tip: Ask if the second room has air conditioning if you are there in the summer and if there is a tournam...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will follow up on your comments with our staff. Perhaps in the future, you'll reconsider and allow us another opportunity to prove to you why we are highly regarded in Redding. Thanks again for the feedback.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, up for business from the Bay Area. I found the staff of the hotel to be extremely friendly and willing to take extra time to help me in learning the area. The breakfast and "reception" (more like dinner) was great. The room size was good, the bed comfy, and the shower was pretty good. One thing that was a drawback for me was the tip basket out at breakfast. I felt that it sent an unnecessary message to the guests. Most who know where to place their used trays and plates bussed their own tables. The tip was for the person behind the counter who scooped the eggs? Isn't that included with the rate? Maybe if there was an offer to make eggs to order, but not for a quick buffet line.