“A Great DEAL AT OXFORD SUITES, REDDING”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My family spent a wonderful evening in November 3, 2011 at Oxford Suites in Redding.
The room was very clealn, comfortable, spacious, with a beautifl pool and hot tub available.
Fresh baked cookies were in the lobby, along with delicious apples available for snacks. Later in the day, drinks and a light menu were offered to guests.
Morning also brought a complementary breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits, frenchtoast, english muffins and other breads available. When I returned home, I noticed I had forgotten to check a drawer which held my jewelry and a few other items. I called the hotel and they searched my room and sent it UPS to me. I value their honesty and quick response.
Thank you Oxford Staff. You are all so appreciated. You're the Best! Dixie

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dixie J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Had the pleasure last night of an open house event here in Redding. Sarah Parrish & Chris Aguirre were our awsome hosts for the evening. They made sure we had a lovely time and learned about the services and accomodations at this hotel. I will highly reccommend this experience to my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stopped at Oxford to layover while driving from Seattle to San Francisco. The rooms were very clean, not extremely large but certainly good size. The internet worked well. I was able to stream a movie from Netflix with no problem.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We had our two Westies with us so we needed a place that would take dogs. The cost is a bit high ($25 per dog), especially when you consider your dogs are absolutely no problem whatsoever. But at least they let you bring the dogs in which is very nice.
Having driven all day we were looking forward to a good meal without getting back in the car. Luckily there was a restaurant right next door to the hotel,(Logans Roadside Diner I believe.)
A good meal, a margarita and back to the Oxford for a good nights rest.
We were told the breakfast was really good, so had our hopes up. A bit disappointed to find scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes only as hot choices. Also, english muffins and juice. It is included in cost of the room however, so it's not a bad deal. And food was not bad.
Yes, we will defintely stop at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank got2go
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed two nights in a queen pool view executive suite. The room clean, bed was extremely comfortable with nice linens and tons of pillows. Having a microwave and refrigerator was very convenient and the sitting area had pocket doors that could be closed if necessary. Two TV's, with a flat screen in the bedroom and a DVR. The updated room was painted in a rich yellow gold color and was furnished beautifully. Very warm and welcoming. The granite sink counter was also very nice. The shower was just average, but good water pressure and clean towels, that's all we really cared about. The heater/AC worked very well. The free WiFi is not on a secured hotel server, it is an open hot spot, so beware and don't do any banking online or make any credit card purchases.

The hot breakfast was great, however not sure if the scrambled eggs were the powered ones or not. Hope not. Lots of choices. Would have preferred fresh cooked omelets or eggs cooked to order. That probably will never happen, due to the feeding frenzy that happens after the first half hour when they open for service.

The evening reception was much more than expected. First night they served tortillas that you could fill with beans, shredded chicken, and ground beef. They provided several different condiments to add and served a green garden salad all buffet style. This was not an appetizer, it was a dinner. The second night was bleak, I only found chicken nuggets and another green garden salad. Again, not appetizers, but another dinner. So no complaints here.

The bar area was nice but we decided to sit on the patio. The guy behind the bar did not want to take my drink tickets the second night because "apparently the tickets are dated" and I used the second night's tickets on the first night. He said he was the Bar Manager and was not so pleasant when I told him to lighten up since it was obvious I used the wrong tickets the night before. I told him it was a simple mistake that the girl behind the bar on the first night did not check the ticket dates and I overlooked the fact that the tickets had dates. He mad me feel like I was being scolded and he was going to punish me for doing the wrong thing and told me that I had to use the correct tickets. He was very stubborn and rigid but eventually did allow me to use my tickets only because I would not let it go! Very poor attitude and poor customer service on his part. So be sure to check your drink tickets and use the correct ones!

Other than that, it was extremely refreshing how helpful and wonderful the entire staff was. I will definitely return and actually have just planned another Oxford Inn stay in Pismo Beach for another couple of days. I love this Inn and highly recommend it. With the AAA/AARP discount, the hot breakfast, dinner and drinks, you can't beat it! And if you are lucky, you may also get an additional promotional discount. You could find nicer rooms in nicer locations, but you would also pay a lot more. This place is perfect and fits our budget.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room, the executive suite with a pool view on a lower level near an exit. Makes it...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SaVaGeKity
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Thanks for sharing your overall pleasant experience . We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our staff on the few issues that did arise. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you in Pismo Beach!

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We arrived late and got the last available room at the hotel. It wasn't a suite, just a room, and it was the handicapped-accessible room. The room was a bit small, but well decorated. The bathroom had lots of grab bars, and the door seemed wide enough for a wheelchair if that were necessary. The hotel has a nice happy hour, with free snacks and beverages. Pool and spa were refreshing. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. They advised us about restaurant choices and made a reservation for us. this was a really nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The Oxford Suites hotel is not 100% suites. Be sure to ask whether you're getting a room or a s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

the hotel is fine for a night. still have those old-fashioned television and internet was not working. the carpet should be changed. shower very good and the breakfast is acceptable. very low room price

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Massimo B
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Great room and we had a distant view of Mount Shasta.
Breakfast was excellent and there was a different choice every day. The serving staff were lovely.
Only issue was that we had pre-paid (and all the other hotels we have stayed at just wave us on at check out) and had presented the voucher from our Travel Agent at check in. At checkout they had lost the voucher and originally insisted we had to pay. We had to wait some time while they checked their system and their paperwork. Neither showed we had paid. I was not prepared to leave without them confirming my payment had been received as I did not want to return to the UK with a credit card bill from this hotel. Eventually they rang the person who had checked us in and they verified that we handed the voucher to them. This was a little stressful and time wasting.
We think we left a remote switch for a Nikon camera there but have not been able to contact them by telephone.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from the main road
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family