“A One Night Stay”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. When my employers credit card was declined after it had been pre authorized Kenna was discreet and helpful. The manager allowed me to stay overnight until it could be straightened out. But the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke. There were no automatic doors and I had to pull open two heavy doors to get to my room. This was not easy because I walk with cane. The "Sicilian" soap, lotion, and bath gel did not smell good. All the containers were glass- I wasn't sure how they were cleaned between guests. And I was supposed to stay for a month and they didn't have a Rewards Program. Linda was very helpful when I was using a cane at breakfast. She brought my plate to the table for me. Ryan was very helpful when I checked out. But conditions beyond their control made it a one night stand.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We are very picky people so believe this review when you read it! Oxford Suites is central to everything & very reasonably priced. Furnishings weren't too old. Enjoyed eating @ Logans Roadhouse for dinner next door & there's a Marie Calendars next door also opposite of Logans Roadhouse. Staff is friendly & professional! Hotel overall is clean (and I have some OCD in me). We stayed in room 306 for 3 nights on the 3rd floor (a deluxe queen super soft bed for those with chronic back issues like me suite with small fridge, microwave & coffee pot in seperate livingrm area with sofa sleeper) and it was very quiet. We only heard kids very occasionally from use of pool as our room had view of courtyard & pool area that quiets by 10:00pm as pool closes then. There is no 4th floor as some reviews have stated. Loved their complimentary warm full breakfasts, light evening snack (soup & salad) & drinks with coffee/tea & cocoa always available. The gift shop had a variety of your needs as well. Enjoy your stay, we sure did!

1  Thank Kris W
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is OK for the price, but it should not receive such a high rating. We tried three different rooms that were all similar in value. Best features: location, free drinks, very helpful staff. Worst features: furnishings and carpeting were old and rooms had insufficient lighting, so it was a little gloomy.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Friendly professional staff. Check
Clean comfortable room. Check
Great location. Check
Good value for cost. Check Check Check

Nice evening reception which includes 2 drinks per person and salad bar.
Nice breakfast offered..... Eggs - meat - bread - fruit - cereal - ...... Very nice selection.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We booked this hotel because it was pet friendly and the ratings were high. Upon check-in the agent recommended the 4th floor if we were concerned about noise - it was quiet but this is the strangest layout I have ever seen. Obviously, the 2nd building with the 4th floor was an addition. There is no connecting elevator and the stairs are seriously confusing. This building would be a fire trap because of the layout and signage. The decor is seriously dated and the door knobs and frames had visible dirt . My husband calls me a germophobe because I clean everything with hospital grade disinfectant (yes, I work in healthcare). I am glad I did because the white facecloth was definitely not white after I was finished. Stay at the Comfort Inn next door if you have pets (pet fee is $10 versus $25) and be forewarned all the rooms are pet friendly if you have allergies.

Room Tip: choose the top floor - but not the 4th floor in the addition
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The rooms were nice. The beds were nice. Overall, I'd rate them a 3 or 3.5, however, we paid for a romance package which was supposed to include a bottle of wine or sparkling wine, a tote bag, and wine opener and we never received it. Extremely disappointed.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stopped overnight just in time for the end of happy hour, which was nice after a long day driving. Room was very nice, well-appointed, clean and quiet. Internet worked well. It was a handicapped room (and we're not handicapped) but that was fine. Was on the 3rd floor I think. Slept comfortably then had a good breakfast in the morning; good variety, average quality. Breakfast room was very crowded so had to sit in the lobby to eat. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel. Had read a review about a previous guest experiencing allergic reaction to pets, so was concerned for my son who is allergic to cats, but no problems for him at all. I didn't even see any pets around but I think those rooms are on the first floor. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor, and away from the pet friendly rooms if you don't have pets.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family