“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Redding, California
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been in Redding for 2 weeks on business with 2 more to go. I usually stay at Red Lion but they're state rate is considerably more than we are allotted for business trips and they had an awful attitude on the phone. Oxford Suites was my next choice and they have worked with me on every request. The Sales Manager Candace Berean and The Hospitality Hostess (she keeps the light dinner and bar area operating incredibly well in the evenings) Vanessa are incredible. I leave earlier than when the morning meal is ready and these ladies make sure I don't leave hungry to start my day. Vanessa inquires about my morning sack/box meals to go and listens to my feedback willing to make any adjustments if necessary (none have been needed thus far) The Rooms are very comfortable, large in size, and clean. I have only mentioned two of the staff at Oxford Suites but ALL OF THE STAFF ARE INCREDIBLY CONCIENCIOUS AND HELPFUL. I will be a repeat customer and will be sharing my experience with all my coworkers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Redding, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been in Redding for 2 weeks on business with 2 more to go. I usually stay at Red Lion but they're state rate is considerably more than we are allotted for business trips and they had an awful attitude on the phone. Oxford Suites was my next choice and they have worked with me on every request. The Sales Manager Candace Berean and The Hospitality Hostess (she keeps the light dinner and bar area operating incredibly well in the evenings) Vanessa are incredible. I leave earlier than when the morning meal is ready and these ladies make sure I don't leave hungry to start my day. Vanessa inquires about my morning sack/box meals to go and listens to my feedback willing to make any adjustments if necessary (none have been needed thus far) The Rooms are very comfortable, large in size, and clean. I have only mentioned two of the staff at Oxford Suites but ALL OF THE STAFF ARE INCREDIBLY CONCIENCIOUS AND HELPFUL. . I will be a repeat customer and will be sharing my experience with all my coworkers. Thanks so much ladies, being away from home a month at a time is hard but you make it that much easier!!

Room Tip: Many great restaurants in walking distance is very helpful and a large shopping center is close by a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hamsphire
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Overall, a very lovely stay. More specifically:
- friendly, helpful staff
- comfortable beds
- close to amenities
- good varied breakfasts
- tea and coffee (and hot chocolate) on offer all the time
- apples and cookies available at reception
- lovely big room with everything we needed in it
- very close to Bethel church for conferences, and also discounted rates for bethel visitors
- tokens for evening drinks, 2 per person per evening, from 5.30pm
- also offered every evening we were there at no extra cost - hearty soup with sides (e.g salad, crisps, bagel bits, croutons...)
- a lovely pool and hot tub and loungers

A fantastic week

Room Tip: You can ask to see the room as the layouts are different and you can choose if there are more than o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is my third trip to the Oxford Suites in Redding. We stayed 3 nights and had a great time. The staff is so very helpful and kind! The rooms are spacious, well decorated, and immaculate. They provide a free hot breakfast, not just a muffin and coffee. The only thing I wish they served is hot oatmeal, but perhaps not enough people request it. I love coming to this hotel! They offer free shuttle service to our conference and also a shuttle to the Sacramento airport for a fee. They offer the best hotel service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good points: great room size, comfy beds, clean (though more to say...) "free" drinks, apples, cookies, soup and salad.
And now to the not-so-good: we asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevator. Got the former but our room was diagonally opposite the elevator. That wasn't too much of a problem actually. The room layout means the bed is away from the corridor. It was the wind whistling eerily through the door/corridor that was more of a noise problem. Ask for a room that has an internal corridor. If draft excluder was fitted around the door it wouldn't be so bad.
Twice returned to our room around 5:30pm and it hadn't been made up. The first time we were going out again and so asked for it to be cleaned on our way out. No apology but the receptionist did see to it straight away and it was made up on our return. Second time it happened we didn't bother reporting it as I wasn't feeling well and just wanted to go to bed. Granted we didn't leave until late in the morning but surely housekeeping should make a note of any room not seen to?
Another time the maid was in our room on our return from breakfast. She continued to work whilst we were getting ready to go out. In the end I had to ask her to leave and come back later.

As has been said on other reviews, the hair dryer isn't up to much. If you have long or thick hair, take your own.

Breakfasts were a bit monotonous. Scrambled egg every day, though with varying accompaniments. Maybe we're just spoilt in the UK with our hotel buffet breakfasts!

Didn't use the pool or gym. Didn't know about the soups and salads beforehand. so next time would stay elsewhere as I paid for things I didn't use and didn't find the service that good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an internal corridor to stop the noise of wind whistling.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Culver City California, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. When my employers credit card was declined after it had been pre authorized Kenna was discreet and helpful. The manager allowed me to stay overnight until it could be straightened out. But the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke. There were no automatic doors and I had to pull open two heavy doors to get to my room. This was not easy because I walk with cane. The "Sicilian" soap, lotion, and bath gel did not smell good. All the containers were glass- I wasn't sure how they were cleaned between guests. And I was supposed to stay for a month and they didn't have a Rewards Program. Linda was very helpful when I was using a cane at breakfast. She brought my plate to the table for me. Ryan was very helpful when I checked out. But conditions beyond their control made it a one night stand.

• Stayed October 2013
Keizer, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We are very picky people so believe this review when you read it! Oxford Suites is central to everything & very reasonably priced. Furnishings weren't too old. Enjoyed eating @ Logans Roadhouse for dinner next door & there's a Marie Calendars next door also opposite of Logans Roadhouse. Staff is friendly & professional! Hotel overall is clean (and I have some OCD in me). We stayed in room 306 for 3 nights on the 3rd floor (a deluxe queen super soft bed for those with chronic back issues like me suite with small fridge, microwave & coffee pot in seperate livingrm area with sofa sleeper) and it was very quiet. We only heard kids very occasionally from use of pool as our room had view of courtyard & pool area that quiets by 10:00pm as pool closes then. There is no 4th floor as some reviews have stated. Loved their complimentary warm full breakfasts, light evening snack (soup & salad) & drinks with coffee/tea & cocoa always available. The gift shop had a variety of your needs as well. Enjoy your stay, we sure did!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple