“Nice Hotel for the Price”

Oxford Suites Redding
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Portland, Oregon
“Nice Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently stayed at Oxford Suites while in Redding for a softball tournament. The hotel is close to a mall, several restaurants and grocery stores. The staff was friendly and check in was quick. The amenities were very nice. Good breakfast, nice evening reception with two free drinks. Rooms were nice and spacious with a seperate sitting area which was nice for my girls to hang out in. The only negative thing is when I returned to the room in the afternoon, housekeeping had left our door open and unlocked. I never leave valuables in my hotel room, but it was just a little unsettling to return to our room and it be open. I would stay here again if I was in Redding.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have stayed at the Oxford Suites many times and it just seems to get better each time. On our last stay, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful! We were asked several times if we could be helped and if everything was good with our stay.
Pleasant, friendly and expeditious staff at check in and check out.
Room was very nice and clean.
Breakfast was very good and the staff always asked if they could be of further help.
Would recommend this hotel to all. Look forward to our next stay in April.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor if using a king bed - much quiter than the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Redding, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been in Redding for 2 weeks on business with 2 more to go. I usually stay at Red Lion but they're state rate is considerably more than we are allotted for business trips and they had an awful attitude on the phone. Oxford Suites was my next choice and they have worked with me on every request. The Sales Manager Candace Berean and The Hospitality Hostess (she keeps the light dinner and bar area operating incredibly well in the evenings) Vanessa are incredible. I leave earlier than when the morning meal is ready and these ladies make sure I don't leave hungry to start my day. Vanessa inquires about my morning sack/box meals to go and listens to my feedback willing to make any adjustments if necessary (none have been needed thus far) The Rooms are very comfortable, large in size, and clean. I have only mentioned two of the staff at Oxford Suites but ALL OF THE STAFF ARE INCREDIBLY CONCIENCIOUS AND HELPFUL. I will be a repeat customer and will be sharing my experience with all my coworkers.

Redding, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been in Redding for 2 weeks on business with 2 more to go. I usually stay at Red Lion but they're state rate is considerably more than we are allotted for business trips and they had an awful attitude on the phone. Oxford Suites was my next choice and they have worked with me on every request. The Sales Manager Candace Berean and The Hospitality Hostess (she keeps the light dinner and bar area operating incredibly well in the evenings) Vanessa are incredible. I leave earlier than when the morning meal is ready and these ladies make sure I don't leave hungry to start my day. Vanessa inquires about my morning sack/box meals to go and listens to my feedback willing to make any adjustments if necessary (none have been needed thus far) The Rooms are very comfortable, large in size, and clean. I have only mentioned two of the staff at Oxford Suites but ALL OF THE STAFF ARE INCREDIBLY CONCIENCIOUS AND HELPFUL. . I will be a repeat customer and will be sharing my experience with all my coworkers. Thanks so much ladies, being away from home a month at a time is hard but you make it that much easier!!

Room Tip: Many great restaurants in walking distance is very helpful and a large shopping center is close by a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hamsphire
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Overall, a very lovely stay. More specifically:
- friendly, helpful staff
- comfortable beds
- close to amenities
- good varied breakfasts
- tea and coffee (and hot chocolate) on offer all the time
- apples and cookies available at reception
- lovely big room with everything we needed in it
- very close to Bethel church for conferences, and also discounted rates for bethel visitors
- tokens for evening drinks, 2 per person per evening, from 5.30pm
- also offered every evening we were there at no extra cost - hearty soup with sides (e.g salad, crisps, bagel bits, croutons...)
- a lovely pool and hot tub and loungers

A fantastic week

Room Tip: You can ask to see the room as the layouts are different and you can choose if there are more than o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is my third trip to the Oxford Suites in Redding. We stayed 3 nights and had a great time. The staff is so very helpful and kind! The rooms are spacious, well decorated, and immaculate. They provide a free hot breakfast, not just a muffin and coffee. The only thing I wish they served is hot oatmeal, but perhaps not enough people request it. I love coming to this hotel! They offer free shuttle service to our conference and also a shuttle to the Sacramento airport for a fee. They offer the best hotel service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good points: great room size, comfy beds, clean (though more to say...) "free" drinks, apples, cookies, soup and salad.
And now to the not-so-good: we asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevator. Got the former but our room was diagonally opposite the elevator. That wasn't too much of a problem actually. The room layout means the bed is away from the corridor. It was the wind whistling eerily through the door/corridor that was more of a noise problem. Ask for a room that has an internal corridor. If draft excluder was fitted around the door it wouldn't be so bad.
Twice returned to our room around 5:30pm and it hadn't been made up. The first time we were going out again and so asked for it to be cleaned on our way out. No apology but the receptionist did see to it straight away and it was made up on our return. Second time it happened we didn't bother reporting it as I wasn't feeling well and just wanted to go to bed. Granted we didn't leave until late in the morning but surely housekeeping should make a note of any room not seen to?
Another time the maid was in our room on our return from breakfast. She continued to work whilst we were getting ready to go out. In the end I had to ask her to leave and come back later.

As has been said on other reviews, the hair dryer isn't up to much. If you have long or thick hair, take your own.

Breakfasts were a bit monotonous. Scrambled egg every day, though with varying accompaniments. Maybe we're just spoilt in the UK with our hotel buffet breakfasts!

Didn't use the pool or gym. Didn't know about the soups and salads beforehand. so next time would stay elsewhere as I paid for things I didn't use and didn't find the service that good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an internal corridor to stop the noise of wind whistling.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple