“Still a Good Choice”

Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here a year ago (read review) and decided to stay again while on another fishing trip to the area. Everything was almost the same as last year...clean room, comfy bed, good service, Quiet, so so breakfast, good Wi-Fi and good cable. This time things didn't go so well, though, as our room had a toilet issue and a picture problem with the TV. As we left the first morning we told them about the problems and both had been fixed satisfactorily when we returned.

We were not able to use the small pool this time as the hotel was full and the little pool was full of screaming, screeching kids each time we checked. Another small pool for adults would be nice but the cost would be prohibitive I'm sure.

We were tired the first night and just wanted a quick meal so we went around the corner to "Dill's Deli" this BW has a deal with to give customers a discount for sending them over. Boy, was that a mistake! The place was dirty, the two young women behind the counter were all but useless and the food was, maybe, just OK. I would avoid this place if I were you the discount wasn't worth it. The Twin View should rethink it's deal with that place also.

All in all The BW Twin View is still a good choice and we will probably continue to use it in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2013

It is without hesitation that my family and I recommend this hotel. We have stayed here literally dozens of times with our small child and it is a clean hotel, with reliable accomodations, and warm and friendly staff. I would not hesitate to stay here over and over in the future, although our travel plans no longer go through Redding, California frequently.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hotel has been updated, still has the former smoking smell to it however it is good value and good location right off I-5. Emily at the desk was very good during check in and took care of everything and suggested some areas for restaurants, since none are near the hotel. Breakfast is always a plus for FREE and even more importantly it saves me time.
Im a Courtyard by Marriott Platinum member, but Courtyard has been raising rates, took away free coffee from locations ( forcing you to buy starbucks ) and charges $10 for basic breakfast.
Best Western is mounting quite the competition lately as I have been staying at more of their hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were very pleased with the Best Western Plus Twin View Inn and Suites. The hotel was very clean and rooms were spacious. Great breakfast too! The price for this location was very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Redding/Mt. Shasta area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Desk staff very friendly and helpful when asked for dinner recommendations. We had a business room - plenty of space, frig, microwave, coffee, ironing board & hair dryer. Bed was comfortable; quiet ( did not face I-5), Typical breakfast of juice, cereal, waffles, oatmeal, bacon, sausage & eggs. Right off the freeway, but about 3 or 4 miles from a large mall, Costco and restaurants. Sleeper couch looked a little worn

Room Tip: Not sure if rooms on the I-5 side would be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Always try to stay here when we are in Redding because they are friendly and helpful and the breakfast fills my children up and there is lots of different options. I love that they have french vanilla creamer too! Great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This might work if you plan on being awake by 5:30 or 6:00. You probably won't sleep well past that time. I sure didn't!!! Wow. I even bring a white noise app with me, and there was no way to ignore the constant and VERY loud stream of vehicles flying by just outside the window. I had planned on sleeping in a little as I arrived late, but no way that's happening. And it's now 7:30 am, and there's some kind of construction banging out there. Just insane. Like trying to sleep on the freeway. I now have a loooong day of driving on just 5 hours sleep, when I should have had the luxury of 8. HATED IT!

Room Tip: Whatever you do, DON'T get the pricey rooms next to the road, this is an absolute nightmare.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo