“Good value”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Seattle, Washington
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay on our way through Redding. Comfortable bed (wish they had normal sized pillows though) and clean room. The free breakfast was really decent and much appreciated!! The staff were nice & I felt safe. We will stay here again next time for the good value!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank wideawake02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Everything was great until I went to bed and the very strong odor of bleach in the sheets made it difficult to get a good nights sleep. I did not report this to the front desk but did mention it to personnel in one of the rooms as we walked by. He said he would mention it to Peter at the front desk. This is the only reason I would not stay here again as otherwise, it was very pleasant.

Myrtle Point
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

For a little more money you do get a little extra. You just don't get the $50 extra that this one cost. It was a very nice place. You do get a better breakfast than most places. The room was a little larger than most places. It just that I don't think I want to spend the extra to get this.

Los Altos, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Broken hide a bed required my grand daughter to sleep on the floor. Could not sit on the bed/couch either. Staff claimed it was the first report of the problem. But the wear signs showed it had been around awhile.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Lawrence B
Westchester, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a good facility; well-maintained; good, comfortable room. The location is at the outskirts of town but convenient to the freeway (I-5). The staff was courteous and friendly. Breakfast is complimentary and satisfying. This is where I usually stay when stopping in Redding.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We arrived in the evening, eager to find a hotel after a long day's drive. The hotel staff were pleasant and the rooms were updated, but the foyer, hallways and stairways seemed tired, especially for the price. The hotel is noisier than we thought, even on the side away from the I-5, but everything was satisfactory. I would have preferred to stay in the busier hotel district down the road at Hilltop where there were restaurants and grocery stores readily available.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were a late night check-in with two dogs. Staff was helpful and nice. I'll bump it up to two star rating for that.

The problem is the room was very old, noisy, and just overall crappy. I was on second floor closest to the flags. I could hear the flags flapping in the wind all night long. I could also hear parking lot conversations on second floor. When walking to the room, the wind would howl against the hallway windows something fierce. Under the carpet, the floors felt unstable and uneven. I could feel the floor flexing at certain points. Most of the reviews for this hotel on this site are complete opposite of my experience.

During checkout, the staff asked me about my stay. I was honest about the unpleasant experience. I also told them their posted elevator permit had expired. They told me the newer (or maybe remodeled?) rooms are on a different side of the hotel, so that's probably why our experience was so different from others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family