“Not a place to get any sleep!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Vacaville
“Not a place to get any sleep!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was given a room on the bottom floor and everything seemed ok. The rooms are slightly run down, stains in carpet and wallpaper coming off wall in bath but otherwise clean. I was awakened at 12:15AM by someone directly upstairs coming into the room and making noises ect. I thought it would end when they went to bed but not so. At 1:05 after continuous banging and scuffling the shower came on. I called the front desk and asked why they would give a room on the top floor to someone checking in at Midnight the girl said it was the only room left- not true.
She said she would call the room and tell the person to quiet down, but they never did. At 1:30 I heard a Truck drive up and stop. A woman went upstairs and I heard talking. I opened my door and overheard the woman discussing her " services" she provided and warn the man she had herpes. Well I finally fell asleep at around 3:00AM. For $20 more I'll stay at the Oxford from now on !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Pros: The room was actually pretty decent and the beds and shower were okay.

Cons: First of all, when we got there we asked to see a room first. When we brought the key back and said we take it, the clerk starting writing things up. After a moment she says: There was nothing wrong with the room was there? While this is a seemingly innocent question, the timing and manner of it made us wonder: Was there?
Second complaint: There was no wafflemaker at breakfast. The whole affair was rather skimpy.
Complaint 3: I had hoped I'd never say this... The hotel needs better security. Someone got into our car during the night. The hotel clerk was apologetic and gave us the number to the police, but the police was understaffed and never came out. You could only make a report over the telephone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RoapTripper3081

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This property is an insult to the weary traveler and a disgrace to the brand. I stay at Choice Hotels often and this place should be closed down.

On check in the person was rude. The room: pillow stained, rug severely frayed, water left in ice bucket from previous guest, drawer pulls missing on ancient furniture, guest info book filthy and severely stained, comforter corner on one bed torn 4 inches each way with stuffing hanging out about 7 inches (discovered in the morning as it was hidden between sheet and other covering), toilet seat left up, in morning dirty towels strewn around the pool in sight of breakfast room, empty plastic bottles floating in water, ice machine next to laundry was surrounded by lint from dryers and area within 20' looks as though it snowed there was so much lint not tended to by housekeeping. This was the first night of a road trip with res. made well in advance. This place is an example of a property completely unattended to. My advice go anywhere else or sleep in your car! Dont be fooled by the clean lobby and breakfast room area off lobby; they are not representative of the property. Thankfully I travel with my own pillows and sanitary wipes which I used on all surfaces of the room!

Room Tip: Dont choose ANY room; I got a "suite" and as you can see it was a bust!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank vicki32414
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stay in Choice Hotels properties - A LOT - primarily with Comfort Inn and Quality Inns. Not always top of the heap, but rarely disappointing - until this stop. It just did not live up to its name.

First, the good...front desk staff was pleasant, and wrote down the bad stuff when I reported it at checkout. Breakfast was plenty good, lots of variety of hot & cold. Location was OK, not the most well-kept part of Hilltop Drive, but only a 5-minute drive to most anyplace we needed to go (mall, restaurants, fuel).

Trust me, if the things wrong with this place could be fixed by a simple call to the front desk, I would not be writing a review about a poor experience. The room itself - the space, bed, bathroom - was fine.

However...

Let's start with the door (room 106 to be precise). The metal door skin was peeling off the door, it looked as if it had been pounded and pried - enough so that the only thing holding it on was the door lock mechanism.

We were in a Wi-Fi dead zone (room 106) - and was virtually useless from within our room (went to sit by the pool to get adequate reception). This was more inconvenience than problem, but when you advertise that you have Wi-Fi, there is a basic expectation that it works everywhere on the property - not just in certain rooms.

The pool. It was 86 degrees out, I was looking forward to a cool dip after a long day driving from Los Angeles. There were debris at the bottom of the pool and floating on the surface. Not real inviting.

In the room there were no flat spots to set things, so everything we brought in was on the floor or atop the bathroom vanity. And the laundry bag (the plastic one hanging in the closet), which is usually new - was pretty crumpled, looking like it had been used before. And the closet door itself came off its tracks a couple of times with simple use.

As I mentioned (with the exception of the laundry bag - still no excuse for that), none of this could have been solved by calling the front desk (we could have been moved to another room, but the problems with 106 would have remained). And I really do not like speaking ill of a place based on OUR experience in ONE room. But history and experience tell me that all of the above are indicative of a larger maintenance problem. This location has all of the elements to be a great place, but in reality, it needs a remodel - badly. THEN I would consider returning. Until then, no thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTrippersWA
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I booked a room through the internet about 9pm the night before arrival, trip was last minute to bring my 90 year old Mother to see her dying niece. Sadly we got a call at 5am the next morning we were too late. Hotel refused to refund 2 night stay due to last minute. Ultimately credited portion of 2nd night. While I accept this as their right, it seems pretty cold. I will certainly NEVER stay in another Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina B
sydney
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Excellent Accommodation, super friendly and helpful staff.Very clean and comfortable with all ammenities. Very handy and within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Redding as this is the best value in town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Ok this hotel is in need of a remodel bad, I have only stayed in 6 different quality inns I'm, no hotel credict but this I know, old old old. Owners you have to spend money to make money, if you sell a product, try to make it one you are proud to sell. You have a few things that I really liked too. Your breakfast rocks great spread. Location perfect spot for travelers very easy to find. Front desk did a Awsome job they deserve a raise with all the money your saving on not improving your property. Hope my review was not to harsh, all true.

• Stayed November 2012