“Ugh-- checked in, and checked out 20 minutes later”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Denver, Colorado
“Ugh-- checked in, and checked out 20 minutes later”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Because I was tired and said I wanted 2 queens, the lady said I would have to take the Suite and pay extra. $87 I think. There were several buildings. This room was at the very back in kind of a construction area. Half the lights out there were out. It was difficult to walk and access the room. There was a large purse and a pair of shoes lying 1 foot from our room -- like somebody just left them there. I didn't feel safe in the area and my husband couldn't walk easily in and out. The room itself was dismal-- 1980's or older furnishings, beds were like rocks, when I sat on them and there were really old mismatched pieces of stuff in the room. It was just horrendous. I never took luggage in-- just walked back out to car and went to the office. I got a reveral of my credit card and was happy with the service at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were in room #309, on back side of back building, so it was quiet. Room was adequate for the price. Room was clean but dated. Had to get up during night and unplug refrigerator as it started sounding like a 747 taking off. AC also had some noise issues. Had the usual Choice hotel breakfast faire except my favorite, the waffle maker.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Keno, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Quality Inn, 2059 Hilltop Dr., Redding, CA 96002. Reservations were made ahead of time for Room 115, a first floor king. Upon arrive we were advised our reserved room was unavailable due to carpet problem and they would put us in the only other first floor king they had (right next to the ice machine). We said no to that one and ended up in the handicapped room next door. It was extremely small, out dated, outlet challenged & had carpet right out of the last century. The bathroom was the worst we've ever seen in any of our stays. Broken tile on the floor & mopboards, pedestal sink with zero counter space to set anything. Toilet paper roll holder was hanging loose & about to fall off the wall. Parking is limited & spaces were way to small for our dually. Couldn't park anywhere close to our room. Please don't even consider... a disappointment.

Room Tip: Save yourself the disappointment... Avoid if possible!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Klamath Falls, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

First off when we got there, our room was "Broke" we wanted a king non smoking on the first floor. So all they had was a handicapped room. We took it. I don't even know how handicapped people could get around in the room. The table was shoved in a corner, you couldn't even sit at it. The shelf in the room was way to high for even me. The toilet paper holder in the bathroom was falling off the wall. The shower was growing stuff in the grout. The grout was cracked on the floor and it was dirty. There is a Hampton Inn behind it, choose that one instead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Vacaville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was given a room on the bottom floor and everything seemed ok. The rooms are slightly run down, stains in carpet and wallpaper coming off wall in bath but otherwise clean. I was awakened at 12:15AM by someone directly upstairs coming into the room and making noises ect. I thought it would end when they went to bed but not so. At 1:05 after continuous banging and scuffling the shower came on. I called the front desk and asked why they would give a room on the top floor to someone checking in at Midnight the girl said it was the only room left- not true.
She said she would call the room and tell the person to quiet down, but they never did. At 1:30 I heard a Truck drive up and stop. A woman went upstairs and I heard talking. I opened my door and overheard the woman discussing her " services" she provided and warn the man she had herpes. Well I finally fell asleep at around 3:00AM. For $20 more I'll stay at the Oxford from now on !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David T
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Pros: The room was actually pretty decent and the beds and shower were okay.

Cons: First of all, when we got there we asked to see a room first. When we brought the key back and said we take it, the clerk starting writing things up. After a moment she says: There was nothing wrong with the room was there? While this is a seemingly innocent question, the timing and manner of it made us wonder: Was there?
Second complaint: There was no wafflemaker at breakfast. The whole affair was rather skimpy.
Complaint 3: I had hoped I'd never say this... The hotel needs better security. Someone got into our car during the night. The hotel clerk was apologetic and gave us the number to the police, but the police was understaffed and never came out. You could only make a report over the telephone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RoapTripper3081
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

This property is an insult to the weary traveler and a disgrace to the brand. I stay at Choice Hotels often and this place should be closed down.

On check in the person was rude. The room: pillow stained, rug severely frayed, water left in ice bucket from previous guest, drawer pulls missing on ancient furniture, guest info book filthy and severely stained, comforter corner on one bed torn 4 inches each way with stuffing hanging out about 7 inches (discovered in the morning as it was hidden between sheet and other covering), toilet seat left up, in morning dirty towels strewn around the pool in sight of breakfast room, empty plastic bottles floating in water, ice machine next to laundry was surrounded by lint from dryers and area within 20' looks as though it snowed there was so much lint not tended to by housekeeping. This was the first night of a road trip with res. made well in advance. This place is an example of a property completely unattended to. My advice go anywhere else or sleep in your car! Dont be fooled by the clean lobby and breakfast room area off lobby; they are not representative of the property. Thankfully I travel with my own pillows and sanitary wipes which I used on all surfaces of the room!

Room Tip: Dont choose ANY room; I got a "suite" and as you can see it was a bust!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends