“Not Quality Inn Caliber Somewhere between comfort inn and Econolodge” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Kettering, Ohio
“Not Quality Inn Caliber Somewhere between comfort inn and Econolodge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is definitely dated. It is set up like a motor lodge. Front desk is set up in its own building. There is a two floor building and a three floor building for the rooms. No elevators. All entrances to room are from outside the building so you will need to drive to your room after checking in. I had the third floor room so I was tired carrying my luggage. The room was pretty spacious. The furniture was old and didn't exactly match. It did not conform to style of quality inn. It had one of those window air conditioning that was old and typical of thirty years ago. The bed kind of hard. There was a flat screen tv with limited cable channels, espn included. There was a mini fridge. The closet was not cleaned from the last guest. No laundry bag and some tea bags in closet. Coffee Maker in room. The room was clean though, but it had rather old towels. This hotel was priced 20 less than the comfort inn two blocks away. Despite not being quality inn caliber, it was priced less than the comfort inn. I would stay here again but lower your expectations. They did not give me the wifi code.

Room Tip: Don't choose third floor. Too tiring and building far from breakfast room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
BEAVERTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here on a motorcycle trip across California. The hotel is easy to find, but it is an old property and not all that well maintained. They have three buildings and I was in the farthest, building 3 on the top floor. The rooms are small and the bed was a little too hard. The wifi did not reach my room at all. The room was clean but needed some minor repairs. I would probably not stay there again, there are several hotels in the same area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

So I saw people's review. N there was not major issues to say about this hotel being wrong. People being net pickie about the little things. I was in room 305 n in the second building. I had came in late into redding n It was in good shape. Only thing that this hotel needs to do is really update the beds a little hard, safe place. Air condition worked. Good! Was surprised that the contintial breakfast only went from 6:30am to 9:oo am way too early. Good on price. They just need to work on fixing a few little things of remodel of wear n tears to the room. Other then that a good place to stay. :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manteca, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My advice is to skip this hotel. When I checked in my room the shower curtain was missing and no bath towel to step on. Both were brought to me once the front desk clerk was through checking in someone. The WiFi was not working and the front desk could not help, except to reset the router, which did nothing. Also avoid the 3rd floor (no elevator) if you have a lot of luggage. I checked out the next morning and checked in across the street at La Quinta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Redding hotels

Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. To use the coffee pot, we had to put it on the floor because the cord was too short. (I don't know if it was this way in all the rooms, but our room #218 was not satisfactory). Also, there were hardly any electrical outlets for my computer and other electronics. So, we had to move the table to plug in the laptop. The furnishings definitely need sprucing up . . . very dated! One more thing the breakfast was so, so. There were sausage patties, but I don't know what kind of eggs they served but they looked like flat pancakes and didn't have any flavor. The rest of food was typical hotel continental breakfast food stuff, but nothing to brag about.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rocklin, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have traveled a lot being in the military...stayed in all kinds of places and have grown to keep an open mind about hotels as long as they safe and some what clean. Quality Inn in Redding, CA is neither! I was very tempted to leave upon pulling into the driveway and looking back I wish I had. First tip off that made me feel weary was the little steel window they had next to the front door like a drive through service or something for people checking in after 11:00 pm. The next was the credit card "reader". It was totally old school -- making an imprint of the card physically rather than it being electronically read. Then I went up to my room. I always request the top floor for the idea of possibly having better security and hoping that it will accommodate noise-wise (not having someone right above me). The key I was given to get into my room was unlike any I had ever seen. It was plastic, shaped just like a regular door key but larger, with some sort of micro-chip on the end. When I opened my door, it was straight up NASTY inside. The room was totally outdated, like by decades...there were stains on the furniture, on the floor, and even on the wall -- some sort of splatter. I had to search the room for outlets to plug my computer and phone into. I had to unplug the clock just to be able to plug in either my phone or laptop because there were virtually no serviceable outlets. The air conditioner was super nasty too...the shower/tub had chips in it and the faucets/fixtures made a horrible squeaking noise when in use -- needless to say it was a short shower because it was so irritating. Very limited counter space, I couldn't unpack my toiletries because there wasn't any room in the bathroom which it was probably best not having that stuff lie around on the counter tops anyway. I was not enthusiastic to lie in that bed that night and go to sleep but luckily I had Ambien and was able to be heavily medicated before hand. The worst part was when I woke up in the morning. I felt like crap. I was in pain and had the awesome experience of starting my day with the noise of late-night party folk and the smell of pot. Apparently the room below me was a smoking room and unbeknownst to me it's legal to smoke pot in hotel rooms so that was interesting to learn. I checked out pretty flipping irritated, feeling physically horrible and gross, and disappointed that I paid over $70 for the worst hotel room I'd ever been in and didn't just go some where else and spend more for true quality, comfort, and piece of mind. Please do not go here, ever. I probably won't go back to a Quality Inn ever again period.

Room Tip: Just please don't even consider going here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Rochester, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Traveling from Washington state had to get a room and we always have had nice rooms with
Quality Inn. SO when we found one we pulled right in. Oh man oh man what a mistake it was
as if we walked into a time warp. The room was nice size but it had older furniture and a bed that was hard as a rock. It was as if they forgot the mattress and we were on the box spring. Hard the worse night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. My husband and I tossed and turned all night long and when we woke up could barely move a muscle. This is bad when we still have another 6 hours of driving to get to out destination for work. Next time we are in this area we are skipping this hotel. That or we will have to bring our air mattress like we have done before.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business