“Chose this hotel for medical treatment at Loma Linda”

Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento
“Chose this hotel for medical treatment at Loma Linda”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I chose the Ayres Hotel for three nights, while my husband was coordinating a medical treatment at Loma Linda University Hospital. The hotel offered a reduced rate for patients, which made it a good deal. Easy on and off I-10, but no freeway noise. (We requested a 'quiet' room, on the second floor, and away from the pool.) All the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping, to the grounds crew, were incredibly friendly and helpful, and greeted us with a smile and a "hello." The room was good sized, had everything we needed, and was very clean. I always strip the bed and check the linens and mattress, in any hotel, and everything passed inspection. The feather blanket was lovely; the pillows were comfortable; and the towels were white, plentiful, and were fresh smelling. I'm not a fan of breakfast, but there was a good selection. I took some fruit, and coffee, back to the room. My husband had a made-to-order omelette with a plateful of sides, each day. I also noticed cereal, hard boiled eggs, the usual selection of bread and pastry, and waffles. We both appreciated, and took advantage of the daily 'happy hour' wine, beer, cheese and crackers, and grapes. We had planned to drive to Palm Springs after my husband's last hospital visit; but there were wildfires in the area, so we decided to start our trip home. It was already after 11:00 am, but the front desk said "no worries" and checked us out, with no penalty. This is not an upscale boutique hotel, and offers no patio-with-a-view rooms; but it is exactly what they advertise. Keeping this in mind; our experience was excellent. I'd stay there, again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Would not stay in an Ayres Hotel again. Upgraded motel, smells funny and at night the curtains let it the light from outside. Food was just ok. Would not eat there if I had a choice. Requested a room by the elevator and that request was met. Parking is a nightmare.

• Stayed August 2013
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Yuki -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I deeply apologize that your stay with us was so unsatisfactory, Odor issues are concerning, so please know your comments have been addressed by the housekeeping team. All guestrooms are equipped with blackout curtains that eliminate all light coming into the guestroom. Occasionally guests are not able to locate these but the Front Desk is always happy to help should this occur. We are very sorry for your experience and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Diamond Bar, California, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Hotel was like an upscale of a motel 6, and the pool towels smelled like someone wiped their behind with it then returned it on the towel rack, which was stacked in with the " so- called" clean towels. And when we barely got to our room to rest and relax, there was a kid who was poking his face through our bedroom window. Worse experience ever.

Room Tip: When booking, request a room that's in the very end, away from the elevators , and highest possi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Annonymous95 -

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I am so very sorry that your experience with us was anything less than exceptional. Your comments regarding the pool towels are alarming as we strive for the highest levels of cleanliness. Rest assured I have discussed this with the housekeeping team to ensure against it in the future. As to the young person looking in the window, we would have been more than happy to address that problem should we have been notified of the problem. I apologize if this created such an uncomfortable visit. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Regards,

Ciudad Ojeda
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel before living my kids at a summer camp. It was a nice experience. The breakfast was very good and well stocked. The hotel is next to the highway but no issues there, it was very quiet. Excellent value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here a year ago for a friend's wedding, and did not hesitate to stay a 2nd time when I was in the area again for a family event.This beautiful hotel has lots of little extras: big comfortable rooms, lovely tile work in the lobby, nice poolside atmosphere, and wonderful breakfasts. My check-in experience was pleasant. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear 805hiker -

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you so much for allowing us to welcome you a second time and for your kind words. Every guest IS special to us, so we do our utmost to go above and beyond in providing consistently comfortable accommodations. We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us and hope to welcome you back a third time.

Commerce, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had never heard of this chain before but was glad to find it. Had to make a quick trip to SoCal for a funeral and made this reservation at the last second. When I arrived was a bit apprehensive, since it sits almost directly beside an I-10 overpass in Redlands, but didn't hear any traffic noise. Walked in to find refreshments in the lobby from 5 to 7 PM. Chips, crackers, cheeses, and fruits to snack on plus an assortment of wines, and beers to choose from. I had a very nicely appointed room with two queens, flat screen TV and free WIFI. At breakfast the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a breakfast bar with a cook making omelets to order. Oh, there was the usual assortment of cereals, juices, pastries, and waffle machine; but the omelets were the main attraction. Other amenities included a nice large pool and separate Jacuzzi. I think there was some sort of spa on site also, but didn't check it out. We enjoyed our stay so much that we stopped again on our trip back through to the Ontario airport. Everything was clean and no complaints. Hope there is availability whenever you stay in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you have kids or just want to be close to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrJewels
Inland Empire, CA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 days. We both were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The room was very spacious and inviting. We really enjoyed our stay immensely! The way the room was set up was cozy. Our room was King Studio Suite with a sofabed on the first floor (outside room). We didn't make use of the pool but it was well kept and clean. Upon reading one of the other reviews I am saddened by the fact that my husband and I didn't partake in at least one of the free breakfasts. I have stayed at an Ayres Hotel previously and was very pleased with my stay at that time as well (stayed at one by Ontario Mills). The parking was great, we were able to park right outside our room. I'd definitely recommend this place and look forward to returning there again. Thanks for all the great service!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
#3 of 9 in Redlands
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Dynasty Suites Redlands
Dynasty Suites Redlands
#5 of 9 in Redlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#3 of 32 in San Bernardino

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!