“Comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pleasant and comfortable. The room was clean and well furnished and the AC worked well (thankfully). A couple,of quibbles: the breakfast room is small if a group of people who are on similar schedules want to eat at the same time. The custom omelets are great, but the lines blocked access to other breakfast items. And for a room that is generously sized, the tv was small. None of these were deal breakers,of course, but slightly diminished the experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Nancy R,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We're truly delighted to hear that your stay with us was a success and that you were able to have a comfortable experience in our stylish European inspired suites. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that occurred with overcrowding in the breakfast room and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Rachel Kieng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night, experience was excellent, very friendly staff that made us feel welcomed. Breakfast Omelette's and waffles were superb. We we're just passing through and needed a quick place to stay, this hotel is one of the best for its value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Marleny G,

We are so glad to hear you had a fully relaxing and welcoming stay at our hotel. Our front desk staff always strives to be friendly and accommodating and we're truly pleased that we were able to succeed in doing so. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

A four day stay at Ayers Redlands while my 90 year old mother, her son (me), and my daughter visited the town my mother grew up in. The stay was delightful with the beautiful adjoining rooms with the high vaulted ceilings, complete breakfast and pleasant staff. We didn't take advantage of the nice pool and exercise room due to our busy schedule visiting my mother's remaining friends and family who reside in Redlands. I couldn't have imagined a nicer venue.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have high vaulted ceilings
Green Features: The environmentally-friendly practices were nice to see.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rob B,

Thank you so much for your recommendation. We are happy that our signature European-style rooms were to your liking and that found our full American breakfast to be satisfying. Your kind compliments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Covina, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a nice, well-maintained Redlands hotel with friendly staff. As a light sleeper, I was concerned with freeway noise since it is located next to the 10 Frwy, but the staff helpfully agreed to give us a room away from the Frwy and noise was not a problem. Rooms are very nicely furnished and the complimentary breakfast is of the "upgraded" type good with waffles and cooked to order omelets.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HardBop,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. From our full American breakfast to our world class customer representatives and clean and comfortable rooms, our service is very important to us. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!

Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel along with 25-30 of our close friends and family for a wedding. We found that the staff was incredibly helpful. The courtyard and pool area were ideal for our stay, as it provided a community area for us to gather. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our group. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone. I'll be looking to stay at Ayres properties anytime I am in Southern California. GREAT experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Doug F,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that every aspect of your time with us was so smooth and relaxing while here with your wedding group. We always want all of our guests to feel care-free when they come to our hotel which is why our staff works tirelessly to provide the friendliest service possible. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Redlands, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have been dealing with this hotel for 2 months in preparation for my daughters wedding. The staff seems to be unaware or confused on how to implement blocking rooms. Several people called and received regular price. They can not tell me what types of rooms they have. It has been nothing but problems and the wedding is in 2 weeks. This is probably not the best thing to be stressed about at this time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the issues you've experienced with the room block for your daughter’s upcoming wedding. If for some reason these issues have not been resolved, I would like to kindly encourage you to please reach out to our Sales Department at your earliest convenience so they may assist you with resolving any issues. Please know that these issues are not typical of our usual service and I sincerely apologize for causing you or your daughter’s wedding guests any inconveniences while booking reservations. We look forward to your stay with us and if there is anything else I can further assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact myself. Thank you again for your patience and understanding and we look forward to being of service!

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I, along with our grown kids and some family friends were invited to a wedding in nearby Oak Glenn. I was extremely happy when we found a Ayers Hotel, even though it was about 45 minutes away from the wedding site. We have stayed at different Ayers Hotels many times and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant, and the rooms clean, well supplied and comfortable. I requested the largest room and was told the "Fireplace Rooms" are their largest and best rooms (I hope not) I requested that room along with other rooms for the family since we were staying for three days.
We drove for hours and upon arriving, an employee outside helped me with my luggage and we checked in. There was a red headed clerk at the front desk ( I really wish I could remember her name), who was very helpful, pleasant and quickly checked us in. She explained everything that was available at the hotel and answered all the other questions we had.
We went up the elevator to our room and found that the toilet seat had been ripped from the bowl and was laying on the floor. I went back to the front desk and while I was explaining about the room condition, a female came out to the office behind the desk and told me the room had just been "Deep Cleaned" and the seat must have been knocked off. My wife and I went out and when we returned, found that the seat had been replaced, but quickly found that the ice bucket was 1/2 full of water, the plastic cover around the water cups had been opened and there was no plastic bag for the ice. I called the Front Desk and complained. Almost immediately there was someone there to correct the situation. Later that night, I went to take a shower and found pieces of toilet paper in the tub! Not small pieces, but pieces that contained multiple sheets. The hotel was sold out so we were screwed.
Upon checking out I asked for a Rating Card and was told they didn't have one and I would receive a email survey which I did. When checking out, I was never asked how my stay was so I didn't offer any information, but you would think that when a customer asks for a comment card, some one might have asked me how my stay was, but no one did. When I returned home I found that I had received an email from Ayers corporate offices. When I tried to open it the day after we returned home, I found that "This Survey had expired"
We will continue staying at other Ayers Hotels because of the other great experiences we've had, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Check your room with a fine tooth comb!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Youtalken2me
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Redlands, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Youtalken2me,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback as it helps better service our guests, both present and future. In regards to your recent stay, I would like to offer my most sincere apology for the several issues that occurred with your room. I certainly empathize with your frustration and it is apparent that we did not meet your expectations, nor our own. Please know that this review will indeed be taken to heart and we only hope that you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate the service we are known for. Once again, please accept our apology and we thank you for your understanding.

Rachel Kieng
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
#3 of 9 in Redlands
Dynasty Suites Redlands
Dynasty Suites Redlands
#5 of 9 in Redlands
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Big Bear Frontier Cabins
Big Bear Frontier Cabins
#1 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#3 of 32 in San Bernardino

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!