“Agree, does need trees!”
Review of Redlands Dog Park

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Redlands Dog Park
Ranked #11 of 26 things to do in Redlands
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have a new dog, a 3-year-old lab mix, very friendly with people and dogs. I've taken him to the dog park twice. The first time there was a guys with a pit-bull, he had good control over the dog and my dog steered clear, playing with "Sophie", a delightful mixed-breed. Went to the park again yesterday and there was a guys with a large German Shepard, that was very aggressive, so I felt compelled to leave. No effort was made on his part to control his dog, he simply watched from a distance. It would be nice if there were some trees and some monitoring of the dogs/owners using the park. Not sure I'll go back, too risky for my pup.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We took our little guy, Min-Pin, to the new dog park. Been looking forward to it opening. When we got there it was a teensy bit rough to find, but anyone can find it with a little effort. It's a dirt road, and my car is not meant for that so kinda rough. The parking area is very small. If the park is packed there will not be enough parking. All of that aside, I would still go. But, my negative is there is no shade what-so-ever. It is hot hot hot. I am a red head and my dog is sensitive to heat. They need trees, large trees. Yes I understand it takes time to grow them, but maybe someone can donate a grown one? Or install large umbrellas? Something. Honestly it was down right miserable there because of the direct sun. We went 3 x's in hope of a different result but he just wants to leave right away because it's too hot and he has no where to hide from it. So until that changes we won't be going back. :(

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We weren't sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised when we found that our dogs loved it. Like many other dog parks, this one separates the big dogs from the little dogs. The entrance is a little hard to find and we weren't crazy about the dirt parking lot but overall enjoyed out time there with our puppies.

2  Thank Gabby92399