“The daytime lady was very hospitable and tried to bend over...”

Ramada Limited Redondo Beach
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great location, just a few minutes walk form Redondo Beach. Staff are friendly and tried to go the extra mile. The manageress let us park our vehicle in the hotel while we went to the beach, even though we had already checked out. Rooms and bath were clean and toilet had a sanitised label across it, which I liked. Love that the parking was free and so was the substantial breakfast. Will certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Meridian, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were called around 10:00am to verify we were coming. We verified and showed up at 2:45pm. The manager asked if we would like to upgrade to the biggest room, to which we agreed. We were told the room is not quite ready yet but will be available in 30 minutes. We went to the store and the beach and arrived back an hour later only to find they were just finishing up in the room. The biggest room (rm 215) is on the second floor and there is no elevator and you park in the basement. The room is rather small and does not contain a closet for your clothes. Furthermore, the hotel sign is right outside the window so the red light shines in your room at night. The AC is almost broken and makes a strange rattle sound when the fan comes on. The beds squeak. There is a 1/4" gap around the door to the room. The safety chain/security bar is improperly installed and does not work. In fact, we were almost locked in as the bar got stuck when my daughter opened the door and we could not get it undone. They "fixed" the improper installation by loosening all the screws to provide wiggle room for the bar and ball.

The bathroom is a complete joke. The sink does not have a stopper. The drain plug in the bathtub does not work. This proved to be a big deal as I needed to give my 2 year old a bath after a day at the beach to get all of the sand off of him. I had to plug the bath drain with a washcloth. The shower curtain rod is improperly installed and tilts towards the floor. The trim on the fixtures in the tub are covered with rust. The furniture has pieces of trim missing.

I was extremely disappointed on the second day. We left our room at 10:00am and went to the beach. We returned to the hotel at 4:15pm to find room service was still in our room cleaning. Check out time is 11:00, check in is at 3:00. For two consecutive days they did not have our room ready until well after 4:00. I asked the manager if this was normal. She said they had an issue come up and that caused the delay. I replied that I have an issue in that I have a tired and sleeping two year old and no place to go. She sent another staff up to help, but all they did was gather everything and leave. Dirty towels were still on the floor in the bathroom.

The continental breakfast was alright, though seating is extremely limited. I was more upset with the manager as apparently does not understand kids. I'm helping my 11 year old make her waffle . My 2 year old started opening the cupboard doors. He wasn't getting into anything, just opening the door and shutting it. The manager came out and told me she cannot have him opening the door.

Bottom line is this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I have stayed at other Ramada's numerous times and have always found them to be a great value. (I coached a traveling soccer team for years and we booked with Ramada first). However, this Ramada should be avoided at all costs. For the same price you can get a better hotel down the street. This Ramada looks like a converted Motel 6 but charges about 4 times the amount. Yes, the parking is free. However, it is worth the parking fee at other hotels for the better amenities and service.

3 Thank Jerel T
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our reservation was not honored. In the process of checking in I mentioned to the front desk that I was contacted via my cellphone this morning at 7:15 am by apparently the hotel manager to verify that we were coming, I mentioned that this was not appreciated. I was handed a paper to initial and it had a credit card receipt stapled on the back, so I wanted to see what I was initialing, the front desk clerk grabbed the paper from my hand and said that, "that was privileged information" so I did not make much of it and got my room keys and put a few things in the room. The manager shows up 5 minutes later and says that this hotel is not a right fit for me and that she would give me a full refund and find a hotel for us. In good faith I explained to her that I did not want to go to another hotel. After making it clear that this was her hotel and she could kick me out, call the police, and remove our belongings from the room without my authorization. I was obviously infuriated since she refused to give me a receipt for the refund that she promised and all the hotels in the area were booked. She took our money, refused to accommodate us and called the police. Since this was a civil matter they recommended other hotels. We will be finding out what her problem is in a civil lawsuit we plan to bring against this pathetic operation representing Ramada, thanks for ruining our family's vacation.

2 Thank Culinary_mechanic
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a "limited" hotel in more ways than one. I don't think ANY hotel has a right to scan my drivers license into their system (I refused) so they have far more personal, private details than they have any right to retain (including, potentially, my SSN).. Staff was most unpleasant and unwelcoming. Hotel has a jacuzzi - but "out of order." Waffle machine in the breakfast room - yep, "out of order." Continental 'breakfast' is minimal. Room was very small, and very noisy - as others have noted. Hotel is much more expensive than its alleged "service" and barest of amenities would ever justify. There are other much better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor mean lugging suitcases up two sections of steps since there is no elevator...