“Nice Place”

Ramada Limited Redondo Beach
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed here for several days while visiting Southern CA. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and had a microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron. Some reviews complain about the underground parking as being too dark, but first of all it IS underground so will be a little dark, but there are several fluorescent lights and we never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the beach and pier which we really enjoyed. I would definitely stay there again. It was convenient to the airport and sits right on Pacific Coast Hwy. for easy access to the beaches up and down the coast. Free breakfast in the morning which is always a plus.The only disappointing thing; no In-n-Out Burger very close.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2009

Everything was fine. Unusual for me, there was a microwave, iron and desk for ironing which is so useful when you want to look nice.
It's just 10 minutes walk from the Redondo Beach, so if you want to enjoy the ocean - it's for you! There are several restaurants nearby so it's not a problem to find some food. There are also many places with seafood and other food on the beach.
I rented a bicycle in Marina Bike Rentals and made a ride towards Santa Monica Beach. If I got up early I would even reach Santa Monica. The road is very nice and almost flat, it's so enjoying to ride along the ocean!
So, about the hotel: it's nice, no problems of any kind!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This hotel is nothing fancy. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Free wirelss internet was good and also had dish TV with HBO. Microwave and fridge although they were old they did work and were convienent to have. Location was good it is a safe area and with in walking distance to the beach and a peir with shops and dining.

Only cons were that the underground parking was was alittle shady but i had no problems with my car and the walls were very thin and many noises could be heard from other rooms and people walking by outside.

For the price this hotel was a good deal as along as you know that your not getting
a 4 or 5 star hotel

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2009

When I checked in, the front desk was kind and considerate to me requests. They were helpful and if I needed anything, more than willing to take care of it. The rooms were comfortable, clean, & the housekeepers were friendly. Offered a free breakfast which was great for the price. I was there for business but I had a chance to enjoy the beach and pier in the evening which was only a few minutes away. The pier had some great restaurants to eat at; a good variety. Overall, it was a great experience and would definitely come back, especially with family.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This was such a cute place. It's only a few minutes from the beach. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Rooms have a good amount of amenities such as microwave, refrigator, free wireless. I was a little reluctant to book because of prior reviews, but I really enjoyed my stay! Don't believe everything you read.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I had a great stay at the Ramada! The staff was really friendly & helpful. Can you believe the beach & pier was less than a 5 minute walk! The Pier had restuarants, stores, a club, etc. It had a little of everything! The rooms were clean & fresh! I will definitly be back!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2009

My fiance and I just stayed at this hotel last night. I have never written a bad review of anything in my life, however, our experience was so bad that I felt it necessary to warn future visitors. Firstly, the underground parking lot was very creepy. It was very dark(even in the middle of the day), and it was dirty--there was a dirty mattress tossed in the corner of the lot, and some other piece of broken furniture. I was actually scared to get out of my car, as I checked in by myself. The reason why I checked in by myself is because they had told us that we needed to check in earlier than the time that my fiance could arrive, or they would give our room away...only to find out that their office was open all night, and they weren't busy! They also made me sign 3 different "contracts", one of which was that I would be charged $200 if caught smoking. We don't even smoke, but I've never had to sign anything like that at a hotel before. Also, we were charged for the complete 2 night stay before we even stayed there.

Now for the room...our key card was so old that it was almost completely demagnetized. I must have swiped the card 20 times! They actually had to give us new cards. It looked as though someone had tried to break into the room with a crowbar! The door was metal, and it was bent in and scratched up around the door handle. SCARY!!! ( By the way, this entire time some creepy guy is lurking around behind me) When I finally got the door open, the stench was horrific! It smelled like a mix of smoke, B.O., and musty/mildew funk. We found a cigarette butt right next to the bed! ( Didn't I just sign a paper saying I would be charged $200 for smoking?!) When I went to brush my teeth, I turned the water on, and it smelled like rotten eggs!

I was so grossed out that I decided to leave and wait until my fiance arrived. I didn't even want to leave my belongings in the room unattended, so I took them with me. Good thing I did this, because when my fiance arrived he said that the glass sliding back door was not locked and was ajar! Upon further inspection, we realized that it looked like someone had tried to break in the back door at some time in the past too, as the metal frame was all bent up around the handle! Needless to say we did not sleep very well that night, and checked out early the next morning.

This place is dirty, unsafe, and not kept up very well! Did I even mention the old, tattered and torn covers...or the creepy people lurking around staring at me, following me into the garage...

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family