“Great location!!!”
Review of Palos Verdes Inn

Palos Verdes Inn
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed at The Palos Verdes Inn many times and have thoroughly enjoyed all my stays. The rooms are always clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating, and the location always excellent! I would stay here if on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Room numbers 20 through 35 are on the ocean side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Budzky,

I`m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Redondo Beach.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Probably the worst hotel I have stayed in for quite some time. The overall decor of the hotel could use a serious upgrade and renovation,from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms and even the elevators. Beds are very uncomfortable ,room furniture is old and quite dated . This place is what one would expect from booking via a third party vendor like "cheaphotels.com" or something . In other word "you get what you pay for". I stayed here only because my company puts us here, would NEVER stay on my own!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelCrown
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear TravelKing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to Palos Verdes Inn. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guest. It is of great concern that I have learned your experience fell, not only short, but well below par, of your expectations.
Our building and rooms do have some years on its neck, and we are indeed waiting for a renovation, an the discussions are already in motion. Your feedback is valuable to the renovation discussion, so thank you again for your comments.

Again, please accept my apology for your experience at our hotel. If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager
Palos Verdes Inn

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stay here a few times a year but the last time frightened me off a bit ( read previous review).
The location is nice and if you get an ocean view room the view is great. The hotel has undergone a bit of renovation... New paint and new grout in bathrooms and some new decor on walls and in one elevator. It's made a big difference !! The rooms look newer and cleaner. The bathroom still resembles a high school gym with the floor and wall tiles ( from 1950) and industrial toilet. bed rock hard and last time jacuzzi turned my silver black. This time it didn't but we both exited with brown flakes all over our bodies
So from one to three a tiny more money would easily make this a four.
Also both times we made reservations the price we reserved was 30 had less than what they wanted at the desk. J won't stand for dishonesty so it will most likely be my last stay. Also gross jacuzzi and bath still needs work. I have photos

• Stayed: February 2014
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Buza831,

Thank you for choosing Palos Verdes Inn as your preferred accommodations while staying in Redondo Beach. As a member of the management team of Palos Verdes Inn, I appreciate the time you took to contact us regarding your recent stay and comments regarding the condition of jacuzzi and bathroom.
We would love to welcome you back and to serve you again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Prior to my stay on JAN 2, 2014, I read all the reviews for this hotel and was well prepared for my visit to address all concerns to Goran Ljubinovic, Hotel Manager, in regards to the wear and tear, etc... And to my surprise Goran answered all my concerns and made sure my room was one of comfort, cleanliness and a VIEW to boot!!!!! Goran assured me there are plans for a NIP TUCK (refurbishing so to speak) to this property later in the year but once it's completed I'm sure that 5 Stars will be a consistent rating for the Hotel itself, as well, it is in the best location in the area!!!!

Goran is the epitome of the classic boutique hotel front desk manager, he has that classic 1940's hollywood charm, addresses your needs and makes you feel like a cross between an honored guest and family!!!! It is because of his concern for his customers' comfort and excellent customer service that made my stay very enjoyable. His suggestions to great places to eat, drink and be merry as well as great boutique shop finds in the area made my stay a 5 Star stay!

The 3 Star rating was ONLY for the current condition of the property but once re-finished I shall return I'm certain with a 5 star rating as well as another GLOWING review for Goran Ljubinovic!!!

Once again Goran, Thank you!!!!!! and if I'm lucky enough to return before the updates, please keep my room ready for me :-)

Best regards,

SCARLETT POWELL

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Scarlett Powell,

I`m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for nice comments and great score. I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Redondo Beach.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had so much fun at the Palos Verdes Inn. Friendly staff, clean & comfy rooms, balcony view of amazing sunsets, walking distance to restaurant, shops, coffee shops, beach, pedicures and so much more! The courtesy bikes are great ~ a great Mexican restaurant (El Burito Jr) only a bike ride away. Christmas lights strung through the shopping area made it a perfect holiday getaway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smilesfromtheheart
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear smilesfromtheheart,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Palos Verdes Inn. I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again. Thank you for the great score!

Gm@palosverdesinn.com

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband I have stayed at this hotel too many times to count. My husband "lived" here for 2 weeks for five years while on a job in the area. It's a great location, walking distance to Trader Joe's, shops and restaurants. We recently visited the South Bay and he chose this hotel for purely nostalgic reasons. Don't Bother and Don't Go! Although the staff is competent, the hotel was filthy, the sheets threadbare, and the heater in our room was so loud we couldn't even sleep! We had to request blankets, and when those proved too thin, requested a second set of blankets to keep warm. The dirty doorknobs, sink handles, carpet, etc. etc. was just not nice. This place has gone way downhill. We changed hotels mid-stay. It could be a great place if somebody, anybody, cared.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thereseeee
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Thereseeee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to Palos Verdes Inn. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guest. It is of great concern that I have learned your experience fell, not only short, but well bellow par, of your expectations. Your feedback is valuable to the renovation discussion, so thank you again for your comments.
Please accept my apology for your experience at our hotel and I hope you will come and stay at our hotel to see our new renovations when complete. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Gm@palosverdesinn.com

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is where the airlines place their employees. It has a good location, near the beach, restaurants, and night life. That's it. I wish my phone was working so I could take photos, you wouldn't believe.
The lobby is nice and that's it. The jacuzzi and pool are located in a greenhouse unit near the inn and the jacuzzi turned my jewelry brown!!!!! Never before!
The rooms can have a nice view if you choose to pay the extra fee, we did.
The bathrooms look exactly like my high school gym bathroom, industrial toilets (yes that's right) and the same tiles I had in my house in 1957 in shower but gym floor.. Door to bath has wood rot and has a wooden bottom piece about 6" to try to cover it. It doesn't. Everything is original (from '50s) like the industrial toilet and bath and floor in bath. The furniture is from the 70's but gratefully, the sheets are new. Most baths have holes in doors and rust from tubs.
There is in room coffee and a small balcony overlooking parking lot and beach which is nice.
The heat/cool system must have given out years ago as each room has a heater/cooler that is portable and VERY noisy. They work but you need a white noise generator if you plan on sleeping thru it.
Elevators are original and slow.
So stay if you want the location....... otherwise I"ve never been in such a gross place in the U.S.
and i have never been treated a a princess..... The price is high the quality low...

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view unless you are just sleeping and leaving.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buza831
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Palos Verdes Inn. I am so sorry that your jewelry changed color by the hot tub. A full remodel of the hotel is in the planning stages, so feedback like yours will only help us make this upcoming face lift the best it can be. Until then we hope that our fantastic team will be able to provide you with, and make any changes needed to make your stay pleasant. We always encourage every guest to please contact us at any time should there be an issue, so that we have an opportunity to correct it while you are still here.

Best Regards,