“Great value”
Review of Palos Verdes Inn

Palos Verdes Inn
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was professional and helpful. Everything here is just right. This place is old but well cared for and solid. My problem usually stems from noise caused by inconsiderate people who slam doors, turn up their tv volume and speak loud in their their rooms. I was lucky that it was mainly quiet and I slept well for most of the days.

Stayed: July 2014
Goran D, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Clairiecat,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Palos Verdes Inn. We are all happy and proud to see that our efforts pay off, this is the best reward! We look forward to your next stay with us

gm@palosverdesinn.com.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Since my last stay and review I'm having some 2nd thoughts. Just stayed there last night and I thought I'd update a few things since my last stay. Of course the location is still great and very safe. My concerns and needs were a little different since it was a warm day.
My rooms A/C didn't work well at all, but since I wasn't in the room very much I waited to let them know at check out, my other co-workers had the same experience in their rooms as well. I would have opened the windows but no screens therefore I didn't want to invite any bugs especially mosquitoes in since they love me.
I found there were only two available outlets in the room, one in the bathroom and one on the desk lamp. I searched for more and found a surge strip with two open but unaccessible unless I wanted to unplug the television or A/C, which of course I didn't. One behind the bed was used by the clock and the bedside lamp, two other items you need. So if you have lots of electronics to plug in you may want to bring your own surge/outlet strip for extra outlets.

Room Tip: The beach is near by with good food near by plus a Trader Joe grocery store near by. Be careful whe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Skygirl767
Goran D, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Skygirl767,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Palos Verdes Inn. It is with our guests suggestion and comments that we continue to improve.I `m happy to inform you that we are in process off adding extra outlets so please accept my apology that your room did not have them yet. We all hope to see you again in the future.

Gm@palosverdesinn.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

You can see the ocean from your patio. My room was simple yet clean. Slept with windows open and had a cool breeze all night. Very relaxing. Had access to refrigerator and microwave. Great value. I travel extensively for work and pleasure. Staff very friendly. Starbucks a block away next to a Trader Joes. Situated in a beachfront community that is fun for walking if you like to enjoy the southern California architecture and garden landscaping in this community.
Beverly. Mesa, Arizona

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
PalosVerdesInn, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Beverly d,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and fresh cool breeze from your balcony room. I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Redondo Beach.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Iv stayed at this motel many times and it has always been the same. Rooms are old and dirty. Hair in the bathrooms and the beds. Don't bother to complain , it will fall on deaf ears!. The problem is if your company pays and puts you there you are stuck!!! They knows this , but come on a guest is a guest. Be aware of electrical problems with the A/C. Also check your bed sheets , and towels!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank L D

Dear L D

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to Palos Verdes Inn. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guest. It is of great concern that I have learned your experience fell, not only short, but well below par, of your expectations. Your feedback is valuable to the renovation discussion, so thank you again for your comments.

Again, please accept my apology for your experience at our hotel. If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager
Palos Verdes Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were recommended this place as a cheapy but laid back hotel and a great location for this area of LA. I used to stay in Redondo Beach when I was a Flight Attendant so knew the area - helpful when basing yourself for the second 5 days of 10 in LA ( the 1st 5 out at Anaheim ). Firstly what we paid for 5 nights was less than what we paid for 3 tickets to Universal - so GREAT value. That said, yes it is dated ( we thought quite okay as we only spent a few hours sleeping and getting ready there ) - but in a quaint SoCal way. Our beds were comfy and we had a great view from the 4th floor when we did get a chance to sit and relax for 5!! The pancake place next door served up amazing, huge breakkies and was our start off point - forget lunch and just top up later in the arvo. We were lucky that our friend took us to a couple of local spots for dinner -in the Riviera village. Bonus. Close to go for a beach walk and a Starbucks 5mins away for 16 year old daughter. Perfect for us - even the lifts weren't as bad as I'd expected...really, it's pretty good value for what you are paying. As we hired a car for these 5 days it was great to also have free parking - thanks to the staff for your help organising this door to door service. Very glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: 4th floor ocean view -
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Goran D, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Carron,

I`m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Redondo Beach!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Not many options in this area of Redondo Beach. The location is the best and only positive for this hotel, besides a very helpful informative staff. The hotel is way overdue for a renovation and the decor reminds of the early 1980's. Regardless, we have always enjoyed our stays in the area since there is so much to do near the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Goran D, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Sacco V,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience at the Palos Verdes Inn. And thank you for wonderful comments about our stuff. I will share your comments with my team, and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Redondo Beach.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Owners have done NOTHING to make these rooms pleasant. Not a single picture on a wall. Furniture dated and ugly. Bathroom fixtures old and unattractive. Ditto for curtains.

The only good thing I can say is that the room was clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Sherry M
Goran D, Manager at Palos Verdes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear finmgmt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Palos Verdes Inn. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guest. The owners are planing a full renovation of the hotel at the end of the year.
I would love to share with you that we are already in process of adding pictures in guest rooms. I apologize that your room did not yet have the pictures.
Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.
I hope you will come and stay at our hotel to see our new renovations when complete: we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

GM@palosverdesinn.com