“Restaurant”

Eat At Joe's
Ranked #4 of 334 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Eat At Joe's has been serving up great food made fresh and fast to the South Bay community since the 1960s! Our home-style cooking, big portions, and friendly service have made us America's favorite diner. The founder, Joe, worked all day every day to keep the little burger stand alive when he first took the reins in 1969. Since then, the Eat At Joe's team has been hard at work to continue his legacy of great food and great service for our incredible regulars and first-timers! Our dishes are made fresh from scratch, and fast too so you won't be hungry for long. We serve breakfast all day - including our famous John Wayne Special named for the Duke himself after he came to the counter one morning and asked Joe to cook up this now legendary plate! It features two eggs over medium with cheese, home fries, a tortilla, Spanish sauce, and sausage to start your day off right. We also have delicious burgers for lunch or dinner, crisp salads, and chef's specials like Fish 'N Chips and Grilled Pork Chops! Whatever you're in the mood for, come by Redondo Beach's legendary Eat At Joe's for great food, friendly service, and good times!
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat will eat here many more times always love the king crab convenient location and easy to park and so close to the ocean

Alex J, Manager at Eat At Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this great review! I am so happy to hear that you loved the food and location and want to return! I will see ya next time.

Have a great weekend ahead,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Family style seating. Place appeared to be full of locals and regulars. We enjoyed the food. Huge portions. Good service, not great, but good! Traditional diner food. If you're in the area, it's a good place to get some local flavor!

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
Alex J, Manager at Eat At Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks so much for coming by and for taking the time to leave some feedback, Samuel! I really appreciate it. It's awesome to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. If you're ever out our way again, we'd love to have you back.

Have a great rest of your week,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I love Trip Advisor! We can always find the local places. We loved this restaurant! Don’t go here if you’re in a hurry. It’s definitely worth the wait though.Plenty of food. Portions are enough for 2. Everything was very tasty. Server was pleasant and attentive.

Alex J, Manager at Eat At Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Mary, it makes me so happy that you found us on Trip Advisor and that you loved your meal. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback, so thank you! If you are ever out our way again, I'd love for you to stop back by. Hope you are having a good trip!

Best,

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended on trip omg must be good queuing out the door place is packed but perhaps is it because we are English possibly food for local Mexican people but if I was John Wayne I would not be happy with this signature dish named after him.
If I was John Wayne I would be getting on my bike and as James Caan aka Cincinatti in the film El Dorado I would ride boley ride

Alex J, Manager at Eat At Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

I'm surprised our John Wayne Special let you down, Harry. That's a classic breakfast option over here, but I apologize if you had something else in mind. That being said, we have plenty of other delicious meals, and we'd be happy to offer suggestions if you ever give us a second chance.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I have eaten here a couple times while in California and I get the same thing the JOHN WAYNE breakfast (since he ate it here). Bench seating, reasonable coffee and the pot, very good sized portions. We had a nice waitress but they are very busy. I would eat here if I am in the area.

Alex J, Manager at Eat At Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

John, it's amazing that you've enjoyed the John Wayne every time you come in! We really love having you here, and I can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in the area.

Till then,