This is a brand new facility and I checked-in on it's first full day of operation on 5/23/14. It is in a campus that is well landscaped along with a very large Hilton Garden Inn. The grounds are surrounded by an 8' wall creating an inner space.
The important items you should know are:
1. All of the units on the back side of the building (facing east) are within 100' of the expressway. And though they have triple pane windows I knew I could not tolerate the traffic noise after about 30 seconds. Not to mention slightly opening the windows for fresh air.
2. I was transferred to a room on the front (facing west) which was ever so quiet. The view was about as ugly as it gets with large high tension power lines immediately next to the building, next to the power lines is a railroad spur line with old railroad cars sitting on it and beyond that a DSL warehouse. Essentially this is in an industrial park with not much in the way of restaurants nearby.
3. The rooms are much smaller than Residence Inns. I had a one bedroom unit that did not have room for a dining room table. The bedroom just had room enough for the bed. And most unusual of all, the closet was in the bathroom!!! You had to wait for someone to finish using the toilet to get your clothes. I was not comfortable in this apartment.
4. The real good feature is the price. It is a good price but should be considering the surroundings and the size of the rooms. They also have a $10 a day parking charge that they did not charge me. The free breakfast was decent.
Would I stay here again? Yes but it would be my 4th or 5th choice. I think I would rather pay more at one of the other Residence Inns in the area for a better experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.