“Been around the block a few times”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
“Been around the block a few times”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this review comes from someone who has been in the hospitality & airline industry for over 15 yrs. I am a firm believer in that in terms of accommodations, that you usually get what you pay for. As one trip advisor wrote Kmart style set up. This place is far from that. Customer service was exceptional! Front desk employees Marc & Matt went above and beyond in every area!
They helped my family of 4 to have an exceptional stay and honored every request I had, not just to win business but to extend themselves to greet me every time they saw me. As far as other reviews talking about fearing for your safety if you take a walk. Let me say first of all if you want to sight see and walk around like a tourist, maybe should stay off of Rodeo Drive or Wilshire Blvd. Yes the property is in an industrial area but if I wanted scenery I would stay at a resort. Rooms were clean, breakfast was crowded but its because this property is now rated # 1 on trip advisor. Isn't any popular venue of any type usually crowded?

Anyways I will be returning very soon. As far as not being on the beach or being able to see beach, I have stayed at other properties in Redondo beach that were closer, but they were not as nice and were much more expensive.
Our 3 nights here were very enjoyable, but don't take my word for it. See for yourself, just don't have unrealistic expectations like super sound proof rooms or an empty breakfast area all to yourself. I was looking at this property verses the Hilton next door and I am glad I made this choice. I will be back. I will post photos also.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at The Marriott Residence Inn in Redondo Beach. Hotel was only 4 months old and everything was new and very clean. We had a room with 2 double beds and separate living room and it was able to accommodate 5 adults. Breakfast was great every morning. Great pool, place to BBQ and loved the outdoor fire place. Only problem no restaurant on site but there was a restaurant across the street and the market place didn't carry a lot of things we needed but there was a grocery store about 2 blocks away. I will stay there again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with the family on our first trip to LA. Perfectly located for Hollywood, LA, Bev. Hills, Long Beach, all the touristy things we were recommended to do. Best part was it's only a few minutes away from the nicest stop we made, Manhattan Beach. We'll be back for sure. Thanks for helping us with a great stay. For the hotel itself: Nice staff, great breakfast, new everything, and the part the kids loved most was of course the pool. Thanks for everything.

Raleigh
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This property is new and seems built to the latest amenities. The staff was very helpful and the rooms extremely clean (probably because everything is new). My only concern and the reason I did not give it an excellent rating is that this property is close to a major freeway and so IF your room faces the freeway, you will get a bit more background noise that in most places I have stayed. Because its LA, this is not just limited to rush hour but it pretty much happens all day and early night. Property also has a court. If you don't want the sound of a thumping basketball while you nap, make sure not to stay near the court. While I was there nobody play any so I can't say how well the court or rooms are insulated. At other Residence Inns this was a problem. But, other than that the place is really nice. I will definitely stay here whenever I come to LA.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled on business
Tarrytown, NY
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at this months-old property for two nights at the tail end of our vacation. Having stayed in older Residence Inns previously, this was quite the contrast. The lobby and rooms were decorated in a modern yet unpretentious style, think West Elm on a good day. Check-in was fast and courteous, as was encounters with all other staff.
The hot breakfast offerings were ample. A nice touch: three of those waffle makers, which was key on a Labor Day weekend where the hotel was filled with families. I'd never seen more than two out at similar properties, like Homewood Suites. Also, atypical for an extended-stay property: a nice outdoor pool and a basketball court. We didn't use the gym, but it was better appointed than I would have expected.
Quibbles: the rooms are a bit tight, especially if you're traveling with a family. The fold-out bed is a very compact full. The bedroom has little room to maneuver if a suitcase is out.
Also, the regular free Wi-Fi was often iffy. You have the opportunity to upgrade to "enhanced Internet" for $5. I didn't take the bait. They should upgrade the core product instead. And the $10 daily parking charge is a pure profit play and unbecoming for a property four miles from the airport. But around LAX you have little choice. Still.
Overall, though, it's a solid choice. And if you catch them on the weekend and use a AAA rate a surprisingly decent value, especially when the kids are in tow.

2 Thank murrayhill
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Everything was great. The location was close to freeways and the airport. There is no view of the beach but it was just what we needed - a clean, quiet, comfortable place to sleep. Breakfast was a plus. Hotel staff was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014
Davidsonville, Maryland
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here with extended family last week for 5 days and we really enjoyed the service. The staff is clearly trying to make a great impression as they launch this new hotel. For example, when they heard my boys talking about boogie boarding at breakfast, they offered to loan us boards that people had left in the rooms. Therefore, instead of having to buy boards for our stay, they just loaned them out to us each day that we wanted to go to the beach. They also
did a quick grocery shopping for me on my first morning at the hotel so that I would have food in my room for my kids and babysitter. They made everything super-easy. The only downside to the hotel is that they charge for parking in what is essentially just a suburban parking lot. Other than that, it was a great and easy stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway