“Centrally located, excellent breakfast, clean hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Spokane, Washington
“Centrally located, excellent breakfast, clean hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Centrally located hotel to LAX, used hotel for layover flight out of LAX. We had two rooms one on the side of the freeway and the other on the opposite side. I would recommend getting a room on the side not next to the freeway. Plenty of parking, hotel & breakfast staff helpful. Would recommend hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Lovely appearance, however, furnishing leave something to be desired. Example: chairs in dining room are too large and too heavy to move easily; same with desk chair in my room -- though it was on casters, it sank into the carpet so much it was difficult to move, as well. Suggest desk chair pad underneath it for ease of movement. The shower was fabulous! I love the two sprayers. Hand grips all over the place. Good planning. By the time this review is read, hopefully the parking lot entry from the street will be finished (construction is never fun). Food was unremarkable. Coffee was great, often ran out, but staff worked very hard to make sure there was adequate resupply. The cookies must have been fabulous because every time I passed the cookie plate, it was empty, so I can't give you my opinion on their taste. Staff was always courteous, never without a smile. But they weren't as knowledgeable as they were courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HGIRedondoBeachGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you very much for you feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments in helping us improve as a property. We have addressed your concerns to the morning and afternoon staff to make sure that coffee is properly stocked throughout the day. We do appreciate you complimenting our staff. As a brand new property we are all proud to be here and it always warms our hearts when people point out how courteous we are.

We hope to see you again at our property in the future!

Nadine Koch, General Manager
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We first chose an upgraded room with a bathtub and rain shower. Bad choice. First, this type of room would make a good bachelor pad. No door on the bathroom seemed strange! The window on the tub was another unappreciated feature. The tub/shower is too difficult for older people to get in and out. There should be a warning. As a result, after one night we asked for another room with a more conventional shower. The personnel were very helpful and cooperative. We were promptly given another room and hotel personnel offered to help us move. Upon received our bill, I noted that we were charged the same amount for all three nights. When I questioned this, the front desk apologized and said that he would reduce our bill by $20 per night and that I would received email confirmation. However, the email that I received was the same as my original mail and as of this date, I have not received an updated version.

Room Tip: Warn folks about the difficult shower/tub. Follow up on promises made by the front desk (updated bil...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Friendly and courteous service. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good location, near the airport and close to my place of work in Torrance. Will likely stay next time I am in town and will recommend it to friends an co-workers.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel just opened in May and is conveniently located near LAX and beach towns. The front desk staff is great and is justifiably proud of this new property. We stayed in a room on the west side of the hotel and it was very quiet. The service during breakfast was a little more hands off than at the other HGIs I have stayed at recently but the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side of the hotel are close to the 405.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven M
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a relatively new HGI and it offers what I have come to expect from this hotel brand. In fact, it is the newest and nicest HGI in which I have ever stayed.

But, there is one major problem and that is location. This hotel sits almost directly on top of the 405 and the road noise kept me awake all night.

Unless you can reserve a room on the side of the hotel away from the 405, be ready to be serenaded by the not-so-soothing sounds of cars, trucks, and most of all motorcycles.

Personally, I will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the non-405 side in advance.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have always been loyal to the Hilton brands. When I saw the HGI-Redondo Beach was a newer hotel I automatically wanted to stay there. Our first flight from Wisconsin to Colorado was delayed causing us to miss our flight to Los Angeles. We arrived in Los Angeles 13 hours after we were supposed to arrive. We rented a car and the service was slow and awful but eventually arrived at the HGI-Redondo Beach where we were warmly greeted. After sharing our less-than-optimal experiences so far with the front desk representative, he kindly waived the parking fee for us. Although it was a small gesture, he (and the HGI) were the only places that delivered on their services. The kindness set the stage for the remaining trip, and we loved Los Angeles. We will be back soon and will absolutely stay at the HGI-Redondo Beach. I would highly recommend this property based upon their commitment to service and their cleaniness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
The Belamar Hotel
The Belamar Hotel
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!