“Basket Rollout”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall a nice stay. I did not apprciate when I checked in that I asked the person if they were busy and he said No not at all. I said well is thereanyway I can get a room away from the fwy? and he said No so I said OK then I found out that my room not only was on the fwy side but that it was the last room down the hall #343 when I came down later that evening I told the clerk I am not crazy about my room with it being at the end of the hall. to which he responded with sorry. otherwise it was fine.

Room Tip: room was fine
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HGIRedondoBeachGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying at our brand new Hilton Garden Inn. We apologize we weren't able to put you into a room away from the freeway side. All of our rooms have triple pane windows that help cancel out any outside noise. We do our very best to accommodate all of our guests with their specific room requests. On busier nights it is much harder to accommodate. We hope even though you were not able to get a room away from the freeway side, that the service and atmosphere of our brand new hotel peaked your interest. We hope to see you again and thank you for the feedback. We enjoyed having you here!

Nadine Koch , General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The desk clerk did a great job checking me in and has a great personality for the front desk and made me happy to stay at this HGI. I stayed at a HGI in St George the night before and did not have a happy stay. No followup from the hotel after I wrote a note to the manager.

Room Tip: I just have one comment about the stay. There was a toilet brush in the tollet when I arrived.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Everything was great at the site. The lighting within the bathroom was adequate - I like thought when new places put in makeup mirrors. Also, when checking in, there were no diet cokes available. If this will not be stocked well at the front desk, I would recommend machines on each floor. This is as important as coffee is to other travelers.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Centrally located hotel to LAX, used hotel for layover flight out of LAX. We had two rooms one on the side of the freeway and the other on the opposite side. I would recommend getting a room on the side not next to the freeway. Plenty of parking, hotel & breakfast staff helpful. Would recommend hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Lovely appearance, however, furnishing leave something to be desired. Example: chairs in dining room are too large and too heavy to move easily; same with desk chair in my room -- though it was on casters, it sank into the carpet so much it was difficult to move, as well. Suggest desk chair pad underneath it for ease of movement. The shower was fabulous! I love the two sprayers. Hand grips all over the place. Good planning. By the time this review is read, hopefully the parking lot entry from the street will be finished (construction is never fun). Food was unremarkable. Coffee was great, often ran out, but staff worked very hard to make sure there was adequate resupply. The cookies must have been fabulous because every time I passed the cookie plate, it was empty, so I can't give you my opinion on their taste. Staff was always courteous, never without a smile. But they weren't as knowledgeable as they were courteous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for you feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments in helping us improve as a property. We have addressed your concerns to the morning and afternoon staff to make sure that coffee is properly stocked throughout the day. We do appreciate you complimenting our staff. As a brand new property we are all proud to be here and it always warms our hearts when people point out how courteous we are.

We hope to see you again at our property in the future!

Nadine Koch, General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We first chose an upgraded room with a bathtub and rain shower. Bad choice. First, this type of room would make a good bachelor pad. No door on the bathroom seemed strange! The window on the tub was another unappreciated feature. The tub/shower is too difficult for older people to get in and out. There should be a warning. As a result, after one night we asked for another room with a more conventional shower. The personnel were very helpful and cooperative. We were promptly given another room and hotel personnel offered to help us move. Upon received our bill, I noted that we were charged the same amount for all three nights. When I questioned this, the front desk apologized and said that he would reduce our bill by $20 per night and that I would received email confirmation. However, the email that I received was the same as my original mail and as of this date, I have not received an updated version.

Room Tip: Warn folks about the difficult shower/tub. Follow up on promises made by the front desk (updated bil...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Friendly and courteous service. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good location, near the airport and close to my place of work in Torrance. Will likely stay next time I am in town and will recommend it to friends an co-workers.