Airport Shuttle - Event though they say there is one on their website, there's not. When I asked the receptionist what shuttle to take to get to the hotel from LAX she seemed like she had no idea what was going on. She started guessing and told me the Hertz shuttle would probably take me to the hotel. Waited in line for it. WRONG. Eventually I took the 'super shuttle' that goes to various hotels that if you wait long enough may take you close. The time it took me to get to the hotel was longer than my flight was to get to LAX.
Receptionist - doesn't know their own address or cross streets. When asked she gave two wrong streets.
Customer service - When we tried to upgrade rooms she told us they were sold out, despite trying to sell a suite to the person before us (who didn't buy)
Pictures - on the website VERY misleading. We made reservations through booking.com which explicitly states that the hotel is responsible for all the info on their site. The specific room we booked showed 4 pictures, 3 of which had in-room jacuzzis. Which was what we wanted - the king jacuzzi suite. Upon arrival the receptionist again seemed completely lost. Turns out - the room has no jacuzzi.
Taxi - Asked the lady to order us a taxi so she calls her friend who runs a company. Cost me $30 to get to from LAX --->hotel with a normal cab (including $5 airport charge), cost $45 back with her 'special rate'. Oh, and her daughter was in the car. Ridiculous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Mediterranean style architecture and accommodations at this Redondo Beach hotel with great beaches, shopping, nightlife and LAX just minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel is located near the best beaches in Southern California and just a few miles from the Los Angeles International Airport. - LAX. Beach goers looking for a great location will find themselves in proximity to local beaches such as Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach, and a short distance to Venice and Santa Monica Beach. Relax and Enjoy beach hot spots; boardwalk shopping, pier restaurants, and nightlife entertainment. Easy access to popular and exciting nearby attractions include Disneyland, Universal Studios/Universal Walk, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of The Pacific, and the Paul Getty Museum. Guests will be within walking distance to the South Bay Galleria Mall and minutes away from Del Amo Fashion Center, offering world class shops, entertainment, theatres, restaurants. Favorite local events near the hotel include beach volleyball tournaments, soccer tournaments, fishing, whale watching and charter trips to Catalina Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western