“wonderful accomodations”

Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 3 January 2014

staff was great, accommodating, food good, rooms clean and well appointed. I would stay at this hotel again when I return to the area. It is well located, plenty of restaurants in the are. Quiet and good parking. Parking is well lit and secure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, location and the town of Redondo Beach. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate you taking your time to leave such wonderful feedback. Happy New Year.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Airport Shuttle - Event though they say there is one on their website, there's not. When I asked the receptionist what shuttle to take to get to the hotel from LAX she seemed like she had no idea what was going on. She started guessing and told me the Hertz shuttle would probably take me to the hotel. Waited in line for it. WRONG. Eventually I took the 'super shuttle' that goes to various hotels that if you wait long enough may take you close. The time it took me to get to the hotel was longer than my flight was to get to LAX.

Receptionist - doesn't know their own address or cross streets. When asked she gave two wrong streets.

Customer service - When we tried to upgrade rooms she told us they were sold out, despite trying to sell a suite to the person before us (who didn't buy)

Pictures - on the website VERY misleading. We made reservations through booking.com which explicitly states that the hotel is responsible for all the info on their site. The specific room we booked showed 4 pictures, 3 of which had in-room jacuzzis. Which was what we wanted - the king jacuzzi suite. Upon arrival the receptionist again seemed completely lost. Turns out - the room has no jacuzzi.

Taxi - Asked the lady to order us a taxi so she calls her friend who runs a company. Cost me $30 to get to from LAX --->hotel with a normal cab (including $5 airport charge), cost $45 back with her 'special rate'. Oh, and her daughter was in the car. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julz916
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Sir, Please accept our deepest and sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that I had a meeting with the employee and I have personally retrained her. I can assure you that this incident will not be repeated. Once again please accept our deepest apologies and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I stayed here because my daughter lives in the area and we came up from Seattle to visit for a week. From the start we had a bad feeling about this hotel and the ghetto liquor store across the street. When we check in we had to wait 20 minutes and the lady was giving us a hard time giving us a room she said she couldn't find out reservation. I had to call my booking agent and fax her a new reservation form. I immediately told her I want to talk to a manager she said she wont be here for a couple of days. I work in customers services and its a hotel/motel so there has to be a manager on duty at all times.so we check in and we headed to our room with no directions how to get to the room we ended up finding the room and its was a 4 out of 10.The break feast was frozen like they warm up frozen food to give to there guest(do not eat)my son ended up with a stomach ach.so I ask front desk 2 days later where was the manager they said she wont be there to Monday another 2 days I have to wait to talk to a manager so I check out right away.paiya I believe is unprofessional and managing another motel they said I believe days inn in Lawndale ca.she needs to assist customers and clients right away.i will be talking to corporate about this location.do not recommend to stay here.keep away

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank david l

Dear Sir, Firstly my deepest apologies in not being able to reach me....the comfort of our guest is the most important to us and I am available Day or night!! I regret in this case I was unavailable due to some urgent family obligation, Even so I agree with you that you should have been taken care of by the Frontdesk supervisor. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for a couple of years. Mostly on business, but have slipped in a few nice excursions. It is only minutes to the beach and several nice restaurants. It's a short trip to Disneyland. Premium shopping and a large movie complex are within walking distance and a family friendly park is within a 5 minute drive. There was an occasion where my family required 3 rooms. One for myself and 2 for my sons and their families. We had reserved a crib for my Grandson. They went out and bought a new crib because the one they had was being used by a family which had their flight changed to the next day.This meant they needed it another night. This impressed me as EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. The rooms are always clean and the staff work around your schedule and any needs that may arise.The people at the desk are warm and friendly.They have meet any special requests I have made. An example is I cant' walk very far and they always book a room close to the elevator. When I work I need both the desk and a coffee table to spread out. They keep this in mind and hold the right room for me when I get here I know my needs are going to be met. That takes a lot of stress off during some stressful times.

Room Tip: I prefer being closer to the elevator . That meet my needs best. I prefer the 3rd floor as it seems...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great place to stay if your in town for a day, week or weekend. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very nice and they have very comfortable beds. The breakfast in the morning is very tasty, many items to choose from. I recommend this as the place to be!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. It is just what you expect. Average size, clean room with all the normal amenities but nothing fancy. Good price for the area. The only drawback is the layout. With only one elevator it could be challenging to get around if stairs are difficult for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the elevator and thank you for all your kind comments...we are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been staying at this property for a number of years now. We normally use it as a stop off for one or two nights at the start of our trip, as well as at the end of our trip in out of LAX. I don’t write a review after every visit, but I thought it was time, since my last review of the Galleria was in 2007. And as always, not disappointed. For me, it is an ideal place to stay if you are wanting to do shopping at the end of your trip and are only planning to stay only a couple of nights.

The Rooms: Each time I have stayed, the rooms have varied slightly in size, but are always on the larger size than your average motel room. The rooms are clean and have everything that you need. No complaints at all. There is a laundry available on site, as well as vending machines. If you have luggage, there is a lift that can take you to the top level, so no need to take the stairs if you wish not to.

The Staff: The staff have always been helpful and friendly whenever I have dealt with them during my visits.

The Location: It is about 20 minutes from LAX airport. It is about a seven minute walk, if that, to the South Bay Galleria Mall. Here you can find ample shops, several choices of places to eat and a movie theatre. Basically, a one stop shop. A huge Target is just around the corner as well. I particularly like this motel, as I always feel comfortable walking around the area and this is important when I do have to travel alone. If you are lucky enough to have a car, you are only minutes away from Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach areas.

The Price: The price is excellent and if you don't have a car, then there are no cab charges incurred walking to and from the mall. It is excellent value, and of course the standard continental breakfast is included.

The Pool: The pool is small, but serves the purpose on a hot day and is clean.
Wi-Fi and Car Parking: Wi-fi is free and can be accessed from your room. There are plenty of car spaces available and free. However, keep in mind, it is not a secured car park.

Would I stay here again? Most definitely.

As I said earlier, if you are looking for somewhere to stay at the end of your trip to do a bit of shopping, then I cannot recommend this property enough. REMEMBER, it is a motel and not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, so don’t complain. What you see is what you get – and that is clean, comfortable and value for money.

Regards,
Cherie
Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherie C
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you sooo much for your most kind comments!! We truly appreciate it....It is very rewarding for us to hear that you enjoy staying with us so much that you stay with us when you are in town. We are constantly striving to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible and are glad we succeeded!! Thank you once again for your comments and hope to see you soon.