“Redondo Beach Galleria Inn”

Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A nice hotel with reasonable pricing close to freeways, shopping and restaurants Good breakfast, nice rooms with refrigerator and microwave. Good parking. Although motel style, it has an elevator so you don't have to carry your stuff up stairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I found this motel to be well equipped, well maintained, clean and tidy and the staff were helpful and professional. I beleive the Hotel represents good value for money. There is a Mall and gym close to the Hotel. I booked 2 rooms at this Hotel for my family at the end of our 5 week holiday in the USA. It is not far from the Airport LAX, about a $25 taxi fare.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

staff was great, accommodating, food good, rooms clean and well appointed. I would stay at this hotel again when I return to the area. It is well located, plenty of restaurants in the are. Quiet and good parking. Parking is well lit and secure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, location and the town of Redondo Beach. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate you taking your time to leave such wonderful feedback. Happy New Year.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Airport Shuttle - Event though they say there is one on their website, there's not. When I asked the receptionist what shuttle to take to get to the hotel from LAX she seemed like she had no idea what was going on. She started guessing and told me the Hertz shuttle would probably take me to the hotel. Waited in line for it. WRONG. Eventually I took the 'super shuttle' that goes to various hotels that if you wait long enough may take you close. The time it took me to get to the hotel was longer than my flight was to get to LAX.

Receptionist - doesn't know their own address or cross streets. When asked she gave two wrong streets.

Customer service - When we tried to upgrade rooms she told us they were sold out, despite trying to sell a suite to the person before us (who didn't buy)

Pictures - on the website VERY misleading. We made reservations through booking.com which explicitly states that the hotel is responsible for all the info on their site. The specific room we booked showed 4 pictures, 3 of which had in-room jacuzzis. Which was what we wanted - the king jacuzzi suite. Upon arrival the receptionist again seemed completely lost. Turns out - the room has no jacuzzi.

Taxi - Asked the lady to order us a taxi so she calls her friend who runs a company. Cost me $30 to get to from LAX --->hotel with a normal cab (including $5 airport charge), cost $45 back with her 'special rate'. Oh, and her daughter was in the car. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julz916
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Sir, Please accept our deepest and sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that I had a meeting with the employee and I have personally retrained her. I can assure you that this incident will not be repeated. Once again please accept our deepest apologies and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I stayed here because my daughter lives in the area and we came up from Seattle to visit for a week. From the start we had a bad feeling about this hotel and the ghetto liquor store across the street. When we check in we had to wait 20 minutes and the lady was giving us a hard time giving us a room she said she couldn't find out reservation. I had to call my booking agent and fax her a new reservation form. I immediately told her I want to talk to a manager she said she wont be here for a couple of days. I work in customers services and its a hotel/motel so there has to be a manager on duty at all times.so we check in and we headed to our room with no directions how to get to the room we ended up finding the room and its was a 4 out of 10.The break feast was frozen like they warm up frozen food to give to there guest(do not eat)my son ended up with a stomach ach.so I ask front desk 2 days later where was the manager they said she wont be there to Monday another 2 days I have to wait to talk to a manager so I check out right away.paiya I believe is unprofessional and managing another motel they said I believe days inn in Lawndale ca.she needs to assist customers and clients right away.i will be talking to corporate about this location.do not recommend to stay here.keep away

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank david l

Dear Sir, Firstly my deepest apologies in not being able to reach me....the comfort of our guest is the most important to us and I am available Day or night!! I regret in this case I was unavailable due to some urgent family obligation, Even so I agree with you that you should have been taken care of by the Frontdesk supervisor. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for a couple of years. Mostly on business, but have slipped in a few nice excursions. It is only minutes to the beach and several nice restaurants. It's a short trip to Disneyland. Premium shopping and a large movie complex are within walking distance and a family friendly park is within a 5 minute drive. There was an occasion where my family required 3 rooms. One for myself and 2 for my sons and their families. We had reserved a crib for my Grandson. They went out and bought a new crib because the one they had was being used by a family which had their flight changed to the next day.This meant they needed it another night. This impressed me as EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. The rooms are always clean and the staff work around your schedule and any needs that may arise.The people at the desk are warm and friendly.They have meet any special requests I have made. An example is I cant' walk very far and they always book a room close to the elevator. When I work I need both the desk and a coffee table to spread out. They keep this in mind and hold the right room for me when I get here I know my needs are going to be met. That takes a lot of stress off during some stressful times.

Room Tip: I prefer being closer to the elevator . That meet my needs best. I prefer the 3rd floor as it seems...