“Worse then expected”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Park City, Utah, USA
“Worse then expected”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I always read reviews before going to a hotel. I expected more then what we got. I knew the breakfast area was too small and it was! The area was a little concerning when we got there, not sure if we were in the best neighborhood, when the hotels night window was a thick glass. Our toilet we had to plunge each time it was used! When we told the front desk our toilet wasn't working properly and she said it was after hours and we would have to use the plunger. They never came to fix the toilet and we were too busy the next day to call them about it. There looked to be mold in the bathtub as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank davinah2014
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Davinah2014,
We at the Best Western Galleria Inn would like to thank you for your business and also taking the time to review our property. I am truly sorry about all of the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We take pride in satisfying our customer's lodging needs, and are sorry we were not up to par. Once again thank you for your review and we hope you have a great Spring and Summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pickering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We are half way through a months driving tour of California and booked this motel the night before.
It is clean, spacious, walls are motel thin though! A small launderette- wash and dry for 2.50 dollars. However the main plus for this place is the reception staff, nothing seems too much trouble - change room, no problem, extra blanket, no problem, print your tickets for Hearst Castle , no problem.
Grace is charm personified, thank you.

Room Tip: We forgot to ask for a non-smoking room, we were booked into a smoker,they stink!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments... We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Grace indeed is an asset to our team and we are very glad to have her on our team. We hope to see you again on your next trip with us!!
Sacramento
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A nice hotel with reasonable pricing close to freeways, shopping and restaurants Good breakfast, nice rooms with refrigerator and microwave. Good parking. Although motel style, it has an elevator so you don't have to carry your stuff up stairs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I found this motel to be well equipped, well maintained, clean and tidy and the staff were helpful and professional. I beleive the Hotel represents good value for money. There is a Mall and gym close to the Hotel. I booked 2 rooms at this Hotel for my family at the end of our 5 week holiday in the USA. It is not far from the Airport LAX, about a $25 taxi fare.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Soldotna
Reviewed 3 January 2014

staff was great, accommodating, food good, rooms clean and well appointed. I would stay at this hotel again when I return to the area. It is well located, plenty of restaurants in the are. Quiet and good parking. Parking is well lit and secure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, location and the town of Redondo Beach. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate you taking your time to leave such wonderful feedback. Happy New Year.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Airport Shuttle - Event though they say there is one on their website, there's not. When I asked the receptionist what shuttle to take to get to the hotel from LAX she seemed like she had no idea what was going on. She started guessing and told me the Hertz shuttle would probably take me to the hotel. Waited in line for it. WRONG. Eventually I took the 'super shuttle' that goes to various hotels that if you wait long enough may take you close. The time it took me to get to the hotel was longer than my flight was to get to LAX.

Receptionist - doesn't know their own address or cross streets. When asked she gave two wrong streets.

Customer service - When we tried to upgrade rooms she told us they were sold out, despite trying to sell a suite to the person before us (who didn't buy)

Pictures - on the website VERY misleading. We made reservations through booking.com which explicitly states that the hotel is responsible for all the info on their site. The specific room we booked showed 4 pictures, 3 of which had in-room jacuzzis. Which was what we wanted - the king jacuzzi suite. Upon arrival the receptionist again seemed completely lost. Turns out - the room has no jacuzzi.

Taxi - Asked the lady to order us a taxi so she calls her friend who runs a company. Cost me $30 to get to from LAX --->hotel with a normal cab (including $5 airport charge), cost $45 back with her 'special rate'. Oh, and her daughter was in the car. Ridiculous.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank julz916
Priya S, General Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Sir, Please accept our deepest and sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that I had a meeting with the employee and I have personally retrained her. I can assure you that this incident will not be repeated. Once again please accept our deepest apologies and we hope to see you again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I stayed here because my daughter lives in the area and we came up from Seattle to visit for a week. From the start we had a bad feeling about this hotel and the ghetto liquor store across the street. When we check in we had to wait 20 minutes and the lady was giving us a hard time giving us a room she said she couldn't find out reservation. I had to call my booking agent and fax her a new reservation form. I immediately told her I want to talk to a manager she said she wont be here for a couple of days. I work in customers services and its a hotel/motel so there has to be a manager on duty at all times.so we check in and we headed to our room with no directions how to get to the room we ended up finding the room and its was a 4 out of 10.The break feast was frozen like they warm up frozen food to give to there guest(do not eat)my son ended up with a stomach ach.so I ask front desk 2 days later where was the manager they said she wont be there to Monday another 2 days I have to wait to talk to a manager so I check out right away.paiya I believe is unprofessional and managing another motel they said I believe days inn in Lawndale ca.she needs to assist customers and clients right away.i will be talking to corporate about this location.do not recommend to stay here.keep away

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank david l
Dear Sir, Firstly my deepest apologies in not being able to reach me....the comfort of our guest is the most important to us and I am available Day or night!! I regret in this case I was unavailable due to some urgent family obligation, Even so I agree with you that you should have been taken care of by the Frontdesk supervisor. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn? Share your experiences!