“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Westland, United States
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel had everything we needed to make for a pleasant stay. The complimentary breakfast was good (nothing too special) and got us off to a good start each morning. The location was good also. We were close to many restaurants and activities.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
richmond
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Front Desk staff gave my booked room to other guest by matching the name incorrectly. I found the mistake and have to point out the name on the bill is not me and the room type was apprantly not the room i booked. Staff tried to defense themselves by saying there is one middle name was the same as mine and blamed on the other guest didn't check their confirmation. Then threaten me that the room is the only room left, take it or leave it. After I told them that it was totally not my mistake and I booked the deluxe room and willing to pay more for reasons, i need to get the same room. Their attitude started becoming a bit better and told me that it was all booked and apologize for the mistake. It left me no choice to take it as i travelled all day and with 2 asleepy kids on the lobby sofa at 10:30pm. They waived my first night fee. But what kind of mistake it is? I am so not impressed.

Portsmouth
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed June 2013. Nice clean hotel with small but nice pool (was never busy). Bikes are available to hire from the front desk and you are only 0.5 miles from the seafront. Plenty of options at breakfast and the wifi was good. If you stay in LA then stay on the beach. If you want a good value hotel with nice staff then you cant go wrong here. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobMc9_11
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a nice hotel with spacious room. But the facility is slightly old. The poor is small so we did use it. The breakfast is average but at least better than just normal continent breakfast. The coffee there is poor. The staff named Edwin is very helpful. When I got in the room and we found that the crazy sunlight was just attached the windows even though the time was around 5:30pm. I requested to change it. However, there was no more available due to carpet cleaning in some rooms was in progress. I was upgraded to a better room where was bigger. However, we didn't like the small pillows on the king size bed. There were 5 small pillows. They're soft but not big enough for a good sleep. The air conditioner in our room number 312 was very noisy. It made me difficult to sleep. I had to turn it to fan function instead of cooling function to reduce the noises before we went to bed. Overall stay should not be bad till the check out. There was a problem of our bill. I booked thru Best Western On-Line. However, I was told that the price on my booking was too low. I was even questioned how I could get it. It's ridiculous! Eventually, it was resolved after a while. But the overall stay turned bad.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was a really nice property in a great area. My only complaint is I like and have gotten used to certain things at a BW breakfast and these items were not offered on the breakfast (like peanut butter and flavored creamer)
We loved the location right on the pacific coast highway close to good food areas that are not your standard fast food and chains.
The front desk was able to assist with an odd request we had for a laundromat to dry our sneakers.

Room Tip: We like the back middle area because there is tight parking and being in the middle allowed to easil...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with family during holiday to US. Location was good being walking distance to Redondo beach itself and some shops...but still nice and quiet. Kids enjoyed the pool and the rooms were very comfortable. They staff were very friendly and helpful and the only complaint we had was that breakfast was not great although we found this to be the case with pretty much all the Best Western hotels we stayed at.
Would stay here again if we returned.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014

First off, this is a motel, not a hotel. You park in front of your room (if you're lucky enough to find a spot) and all doors face the outside. The pool is small and in the middle of the parking lot. However, our room was super clean and very quiet. The beds are comfortable, the rooms have been remodeled within the past few years, and the free breakfast was a step above pastries and coffee.

The air conditioner was a little loud when we turned it on at night, but the only other noise we heard was when someone was talking right outside our room. We were a group of 3 women, and although we only had 2 double (not queen) beds in our room, we had plenty of space.

If you're not looking for fancy and would like a comfortable place near the beach, this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends