“Stay away!”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. It may have been just our room, but the condition of the room was shocking. There were numerous carpet stains, a large hole in the carpet, and the area around the bathtub drain was disgusting. I travel very frequently for work and this was by far the worst room I have ever stayed in. My wife and I couldn't wait to check-out the following day...

This hotel is in desperate need of an overhaul!

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank achen_phx
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Reviewed 2 January 2009

Overall I was very disappointed with my stay. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was somewhat friendly. I made my reservations online and booked a water view room, the only view I had was of the street. It was very nosy. There was no remote control for the tv in the room, I had to call and request one. One of the lamps was not working. The furniture was very old and damaged. There was a dirty/rust spot in the bathtub/shower. The chairs were old and dirty. I wish I would have brought my camera with me so I could provide pictures. The reception on the TV was terrible and all the channels did not work for the whole stay. There were hours when channels like the Disney channel and HBO did not work. It was very stuffy in the room.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank angel90008
Reviewed 28 December 2008

This hotel is in a great location in Redondo Beach area but also a five minute walk from Hermosa Beach. It is lovely being able to walk along the promenade of Hermosa and just people watch the various surfers, dog walkers, joggers and roller skaters.
The hotel itself is clean and the rooms nicely decorated with comfortable beds. I have always found the staff to be very polite and courteous.
There is a nice pool area and hot tub. I can't comment on the restaurant or bar of the hotel as we have always gone out. There are so many nice places within walking distance and with the lovely California weather who wants to stay in their hotel? You have a beach and marina on your doorstep.
Redondo is a residential area and I have always felt very safe walking around here.
I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2008

Stayed at this hotel 12-23-25,2008 great location and very large room. Clean room and a great view of the ocean we had. Cheesecake factory and Ruby nearby . Ruby has great breakfast.
Highly recommend. We did not have a car. Parking was $20 or $22 a night.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2008

This hotel was pretty nice! I was worried after reading the reviews here. The air conditioning situation did kind of suck. It WAS really stuffy in the room at all times BUT I didn't notice that the air went off!!? There WAS a sensor but it pretty much stayed on all the time! The staff was very curteous and nice! Especially the concierge. I dealt with Jesse alot and he was GREAT! Also there was a lady that worked the conceirge desk during the day and she was great too (but i didnt get her name)! DO NOT go to the spa. It is a waste of time and money and it didn't seem very clean to me. I have had better pedicures ANYwhere than there. Overall, the room was nice. It DID reek of smoke in the bathroom the entire time we were there (we had a non-smoking room) and we didn't smoke. Not sure where that was coming from but YUCK! The beds were GREAT! Nice and fluffy, etc! DO NOT waste your time going to Splash (the restaurant inside the hotel). It was VERY overrated and VERY expensive for what it was. There are much better restaurants within walking distance at half the price! I would reccomend staying here! I enjoyed my time! It definitely is NOT a 5 star like one other person noted on here but it IS a very nice 3!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank julz123
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We booked through Hotwire. Once booked we found our stay would be at The Crown Plaza. The hotel has a beautiful lobby, with marble floors. The staff are very coutious and helpfull. They have an onsite restaurant and longe that serve excelent food. The location is key since they are just accross the street from King Harbour which has several good reataurants and night spots, as well as sport fishing, whale watching, and a great high speed boat trip. Try Tony's on the Peir. There are two.(known to locals as) "Old and New". both are good but old is the best. The "Old Tony's" has a Crows Nest, just a small place upstairs. Awsome vies and very romantic at sunset.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sushiboy202
Reviewed 30 September 2008

This Crowne Plaza was our home base for us and a number of our family and friends while we were in town for our daughter's wedding. This involved 9 rooms with stays ranging from 1 to 4 nights. We preface the above info because we think it's meaningful that we heard NOT one complaint, even from family members who would not worry about sharing their feelings! However, we can only write here about our experience.

From our first conversation with Joseph Russo, who heads up the hotel's rooms division, to our check-out on the last day, we were treated with warm and welcoming professionalism. Our questions and requests were answered promptly, whether it was asking for directions from the airport or another foam pillow in the room. Our room was shiny clean, well furbished in the newest hotel style with great linens and duvets, etc., and, most important after a long trip, the rooms were ready when we arrived. We do recommend asking for a higher floor because the Redondo Beach area is very pretty to look out on. Also the hotel self-parking is a very short walk up a hotel corridor, so not much need to pay the valet charge.

In all honesty, because of what previous reviewers had written, we were a little concerned about staying here. However, we encountered just about none of those problems. The rooms were spacious, clean and kept clean during our stay. Our bathroom was updated and had all the bells and whistles. The corridors had nice carpeting and again, were clean. As everyone does seem to agree about, the lobby is gorgeous. Also several of our friends used Gold's Gym and loved it. A few of us also had several services in the hotel spa and all were unanimous: forget it. None of us ate in the hotel because there are too many good restaurants just steps away.

We don't know what the official "star" count or level is for this hotel. We can tell you that our stay was of a 5-star variety. No, it's not a brand new building or brand new anything, rather a very respectable, updated, conscientious effort, staffed by caring professionals (especially Joseph Russo and his team), who worked hard to make our stay a comfortable, even memorable, experience. It was.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!