“Absolutely Amazing Getaway...beautiful view of the harbor and sea lions swimming from the balcony of our lovely room.”

The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in the oceanfront room and had a lovely view of the harbor, ocean and sea lions playing. We were upgraded to a suite and it was super comfortable, with nice amenities like claw foot bathtub and great balcony.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again even though I live in the area!!!
Great staff!

Room Tip: Get the oceanfront room as the view is very tranquil.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nathan N, Director of Front Office at The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

The view of the harbor is my personal favorite. The playful sea lions, the wind floating across the peaceful ocean, the dolphins dancing at sunrise, volumes could be filled with the distinct pleasure that comes from our Oceanside accommodations, and the regal bathtub featured in our suites is a consistent hit. We are fortunate to have such a gem of a team here at the Portofino, and I will be sure to share this review with them.

We look forward to ensuring your next stay-cation is just as terrific.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We really liked this hotel. Stayed for one night of our honeymoon. Service is good and rooms are very nice, especially ones with a view of the marina/sea walls...the resident sea lions make it a plus for nature lovers.

Only complaint...our next door neighbors were drunk and arguing very loud and very late. Hotel management did not take care of it to my satisfaction, as they said they'd come up right away and the arguing went on for at least another hour.

Room Tip: Ocean view...second or third floor...worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations! How fortunate we were to have had you on such a special night. From sea lions to hotel staff we are known for making peoples stays great. Noisy neighbors are never acceptable, and I apologize it took us an hour to get that resolved.

Please let me know when I can make accommodations for your anniversary.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

OK, I get that it's a beach hotel. And I did enjoy my stay. But it does need some updating. The hallways have that musty odor, and the stairwells for some reason smell like Johnson's Baby Shampoo ( I know, could be worse).
I asked for a bedboard at check-in, they couldn't provide. The bed was pseudo-firm... you know, where the top is firm but you can feel the lack of support underneath the top surface. Kinda like the opposite of a pillow-top mattress.
But the location is great. And service pretty good...very friendly and helpful, but room service forgot an item, and it of course took a long time.

Birds outside the Marina side rooms are LOUD, and the restaurant next door (Balleen?) contributes to quite a bit of night noise.

The jacuzzi was around 90 degrees, couldn't use it at that low a temp.

Room Tip: upper floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad that your enjoyed your stay. While many enjoy our comfortable beds I am sorry they did not fit your needs. I am glad that our service was good, but will contact our restaurant General Manager to ensure that orders are delivered complete moving forward. BALEEN kitchen is quite popular, but we certainly wouldn’t want noise to carry to your room, and our Jacuzzi should always be at 104. Thank you for bringing these to our attention so that your next stay can be even better.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a room booked at a luxurious resort for Mothers Day. Unfortunately, the resort was oversold and we were very disappointed with our overpriced room. We left and looked for a nearby hotel - I wanted something charming by the ocean and we got lucky with the Portofino. We walked in and were given great service. We got a great ocean view room for a decent price. The elevator and the hallways were a bit dated, but the room itself was perfect. We could see seals and boats from our private balcony, had a nice romantic sunset and I slept comfortably until 10:00 am. We also got a late check out with no hassle and I left feeling more relaxed than I have in a long time. We are already planning our Father's Day getaway there!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy belated Mother’s Day! While I am disappointed your experience at our competitor’s hotel was so negative, I am glad it brought us together. Thank you for the kind words, I couldn’t be more pleased that your stay was “perfect.”

I look forward to seeing you for Father’s Day.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for Mother's Day weekend, our son was graduating from a local University. Front desk was more than accommodating. A big "thank you" to Jerome and Rigo. The room was amazing and the ocean view is spectacular from the third floor. Valet attendants were always nice and quick. Free 2hr bike rentals! We loved talking with Kevin who recommended the perfect bike trail! Hermosa and Manhattan Beach were beautiful. We only wish we had more time. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dollbugg66

A very happy Mother’s Day to you, and hardy congratulations to your son! We are honored you chose us for such a special day. Jerome and Rigo are two rock stars at the Portofino, and I am glad they made this dual holiday “spectacular.” Our veteran team of Valet attendants, come armed with complimentary bike rentals making them a true asset to the property, and Kevin’s experience with local bike trails can make for a perfect experience.

Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

They lure you with seemingly low price, but nickel & dimes you on everything else.
- Self Parkings: $26 a day?. (on ground and 100 ft away from main entrance)
- Refrigerator is locked with their stuff, which if you just open it you will be charged. (what happens if we bring left over food from the favorite restaurant?)
- Water (by the bed): $5 a bottle.
- Soap: a message written on it. "you can have me for $2". Yak!!!.
- Internet service : $11.50 a day (pisst, if you promise to keep it secrete, I will tell you, with password "GUESTS", WiFi is free everywhere)

Finally, the noise from the bird is very loud, though could be tolerable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Lovely location. They have a late check-in time of 4pm but checked us in at 10:30am with an ocean view room for only $40 more. We ran into another couple who was offered the same "deal." It's worth it because of the balcony and view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that our location was just what you were looking for. While our check-in time is 4pm we do our best to get our guests in as soon as possible, and I am glad that our special upgrade rate of the day meant a great view for you!

Come back and watch the seals with us anytime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel? Share your experiences!