“I go here three times a week!”

Rod’s Char Burger
Ranked #104 of 297 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Redondo Beach, California
“I go here three times a week!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This place is my jam. I eat lunch at Rod's about 3 times a week. The first time I came here, I got the Greek Chicken Salad. The next 18619489621 times I came here, I got it again. It's so good. Like, 3 times a week good! It's a huge plate of greens, with a generous helping of grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, huge chunks of feta cheese and it comes with pita bread. If you like ruining your salads, it also comes with onions and olives, but of course, I never get those.

Recently, I thought I'd try something new, so I got the turkey burger combo - amazing! Most turkey burgers taste like cardboard, right? Guess what? This one tastes like meat! It's so juicy and delicious that I usually order it dry. It comes with lettuce, tomato and a whole wheat bun. Their fries are thick-cut, generous, and hot.

I walked here for breakfast one Sunday morning and got bacon and eggs and was supremely happy. Diner hashbrowns, well-scrambled eggs, and thick-cut bacon = perfect.

The staff is awesome, always really friendly and funny. Since I'm awesome too, they know me by name and usually start writing out my order before I've said a word. This is a counter service restaurant, but since they love me, they always bring my food to the table. They'll usually do this if it's slow, even with non-regulars. These are good people, who will ask about your family, notice when you've been on vacation, or had a haircut.

Note: there are more tables for TWO than for FOUR, so if you're TWO people, try not to sit in a table for FOUR. It's kinda rude.

There's one TV; when I'm in (between 12:30-2), it's usually on People's Court, Anderson, or The Chew. They're cash only, but they do have an ATM if you don't have any. Also, FREE REFILLS!

There's usually a table or two of older guys chatting (in Greek?). This is one of the reasons I love this place. It's such a neighborhood joint and everyone says Hi to everyone else. I hope when I'm old, I can walk over and do crosswords in a little booth with my friends.

Visited February 2012

“Satisfying”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

While in Redondo Beach I stopped by this burger place for dinner. The burgers are charbroiled and very tasty, not dry. I had a double cheese combo and it was good value for money.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Lakevic
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good all-around burger joint.”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Good all-around burger joint.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Probably the best burger...”
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Probably the best burger in town. A huge menu... you can get just about anything there.

“Good hangover food!”