We stayed at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay on July 22, 2014. We decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. This decision ended up being one of my worst dining experiences that I've had in a LONG time (I'm fifty years old). It was actually pretty laughable it was so bad. I'm not usually a person that complains and I consider myself pretty amenable to even the worst of experiences. Our dining experience included extremely slow and inattentive service. We brought up the extremely slow service to the in person in charge in the dining room, whom reacted with really no concern on his part at all. The food, was marginal at best. I had the short ribs which were OK, but the accompanying vegetables and rice were extremely undercooked (to the point that they may have not cooked them at all), which I also brought up to the man in charge.
As for the hotel room, the double bed room was clean and very comfortable, except each double bed only had two down pillows per bed. We had three people in the room, so we had to request two extra pillows. The pillows delivered were the cheapest and most uncomfortable pillows you could find compared to the pillows on the bed. So, not a great experience. If you're reading this, you should go somewhere else. Hotel Sofitel San Franchisco Bay doesn't really care what you think if it's not right. That's the bottom line. Hope this review is helpful to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel