I booked here to find a good cheap room (with good rail and bus transport links) during the Oracle Openworld megaconference in San Francisco. (The conference is so large that all the rates in town and at the airport are jacked right up--worth checking if you plan to travel in Sept/Oct).
Very satisfied, includes free wifi and breakfast (including eggs of the day and meat of the day, and cooked oatmeal) which also keeps the costs down, and rooms include microwave and fridge
The only reason I didn't award an overall score of 5 were due to a number of "niggly" points (most very easy to address at no cost):
* Hotel website needs better description of transport links to SFO (no shuttle, but Samtrans KX/397 public bus stops right outside, a bargain at $2 if you can wait up to an hour and don't have a early morning departure at weekends; Caltrain about 15 mins walk down El Camino Real, very easy and feels safe).
* Better description of transport links to city needed on hotel website (Same options as previous point, I used these every day)
* Microwave in room, but no supplies of disposable plate/cutlery/napkins (or a notice to say "ask at reception")
* Hotel offers/defaults a "green" option for bedlinen changing, but not towels--left a note one day which was respected but not on following days
* Desk drawer keeps popping open.
* No soap dish for the sink
* And a real picky point. Iron supplied, but nowhere convenient to plug it in without moving furniture (a very common problem in hotel rooms).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Redwood City/Menlo Park, California! We are located on the south side of Redwood City on El Camino Real (CA 82), within minutes of the quaint town of Atherton, Menlo Park, and the Stanford University. Our accommodations are perfect for business and leisure travelers, equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, two line telephones with voice mail, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator, hairdryer, lighted make-up mirrors, iron and board. We also feature televisions equipped with 70 channels, HBO, DVD/VCR players. All king rooms come with a sofa sleeper. At the end of the day, enjoy an invigorating workout in our fitness center and relax in our Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. In the morning you will wake up to an inviting Express Start complimentary hot breakfast at the breakfast bar, featuring our famous cinnamon rolls and SMART Roast Coffee. Our friendly staff is ready to welcome you and make you feel right at home. Discover all that downtown Redwood City, Menlo Park, Atherton and Palo Alto have to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Express Redwood City. We are close to the Stanford University and Hospital, Kaiser Permanente Hospital and the Sequoia Hospital. We are strategically accessible to the Silicon Valley. We are also close to the corporate offices/buildings of Hewlett Packard, Yahoo, Microsoft, OmniCell, Google, Verisign, Synopsis, Verisign, NASA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Redwood City
- Holiday Inn Redwood City
- Redwood City Holiday Inn