“Great value for money, more than delivers on it's promises”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
London
“Great value for money, more than delivers on it's promises”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

I booked here to find a good cheap room (with good rail and bus transport links) during the Oracle Openworld megaconference in San Francisco. (The conference is so large that all the rates in town and at the airport are jacked right up--worth checking if you plan to travel in Sept/Oct).

Very satisfied, includes free wifi and breakfast (including eggs of the day and meat of the day, and cooked oatmeal) which also keeps the costs down, and rooms include microwave and fridge

The only reason I didn't award an overall score of 5 were due to a number of "niggly" points (most very easy to address at no cost):
* Hotel website needs better description of transport links to SFO (no shuttle, but Samtrans KX/397 public bus stops right outside, a bargain at $2 if you can wait up to an hour and don't have a early morning departure at weekends; Caltrain about 15 mins walk down El Camino Real, very easy and feels safe).
* Better description of transport links to city needed on hotel website (Same options as previous point, I used these every day)
* Microwave in room, but no supplies of disposable plate/cutlery/napkins (or a notice to say "ask at reception")
* Hotel offers/defaults a "green" option for bedlinen changing, but not towels--left a note one day which was respected but not on following days
* Desk drawer keeps popping open.
* No soap dish for the sink
* And a real picky point. Iron supplied, but nowhere convenient to plug it in without moving furniture (a very common problem in hotel rooms).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RJTLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Comfortable hotel at a convenient location if you have business in Stanford.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

The hotel and property are true Holiday Inn Express (nice and clean). But when I went to grab a quick breakfast at the free buffet (I was running a bit late) the egg patty was flooded with cheese which I don't care for. No big deal, I understand this isn't made to order. But as I checked out I made a comment how it would have been nice to have the option to add the cheese or not. A supervisor came from the back room and informed me that "they have to follow the menu." So I asked what menu? And was told it was a daily menu so it changed everyday. Then I mentioned that as a business customer, what I was looking for was a predictable (repeatable) experience so I can plan or not on even considering the breakfast. What I was told by the supervisor was "Well then you should stay at another hotel that has a restaurant." ?! Now I can't convey tone here, but suffice to say -- the tone of the supervisors response certainly didn't leave me the impression that my feedback was appreciated NOR anything to be considered.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Collegeville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

Personnel worthy of mention as they provided excellent service and very, very friendly and helpful!
Edgar - manager
Mirella - front desk
Melinda - front desk

Daniella - breakfast room supervisior (maitains all food/drink are available, fresh and the room is immaculate at all times)

Baldwin Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

Two day stay Holiday Inn Express was super clean, quite, relaxing and graceful. I recommend this hotel to any out of Towner or local. The room was extravagant very impressive we choose nonsmoking and we got just that. Absolutely LOVED IT. The breakfast bar was PERFECT many choices. Loved it! Thee breakfast host was very caring. We will be staying here soon. Great job front desk, room service was right on the money. Love you ladies for all your wonderful hospitality Melinda and Mirella everyone Thank You. It's this type of service that’s keeps you coming back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Fresno, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

Written by
Cynthia Gothard
happygirl_cg@yahoo.com
I could not wait to come home and write this review. I have stayed at this hotel two times within the past year and each time it gets better and better. This last stay was the best. I was somewhat stressed as I was up in that area to see a doctor for tests. The first person/staffmember I saw was Melinda at the front desk. She was so happy and pleasant that her attitude was contagious. She was efficient and professional and aimed to please. We showed up a little early and the room was not quite ready. She told me not to worry that she will expidite the situation and get us comfortable in just a jiffy. She consulted with the GM Edgar Sandoval. They both got us into our room within minutes. Mr. Sandoval also was very pleasant and vibrant. I was in need of just a couple small things and both he and Melinda made sure that they were in our room when we got there. Throughout our stay, albeit a short one, they acknowledged us in the hallways in such a friendly manner, always asking if there was anything they could do to for us. Even the staff member who did the breakfast bar was so cute, polite and helpful. When we encountered the housekeeping staff in the hallways the ladies greet you with big smiles and good mornings. This was the best stay here ever. I will return due to the staff and the effiency of the GM, Mr. Sandoval. NOTE: I was impressed that the breakfast room had bio-degradeable cups and plates. This is a step in the right direction to help our world. Not only does this GM care about his clients he goes beyond this enough to care about our enviroment. I AM IMPRESSED! I will return when I come back to that area. TO THE STAFF OF THIS HOLIDAY INN AT 1836 EL CAMINO REAL......GO TEAM...AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKIN SUCH GREAT CARE OF US TWO. .(.I also like the new furniture in the lobby. The old stuff was depressing. New stuff completes the lobby)... BYE BYE..CYNTHIA

w

Reno, nv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

I would like to acknowledge Melinda at the front desk. Melinda was very helpful. She answered every question I had about the hotel and then some. Melinda was an absolute delight to talk to.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple