“Worst location”

Good Nite Inn - Redwood City
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

30 minute drive into the attractions in San Francisco.. Further than the airport to the city!
Front desk was helpful and facilities were nice and clean just wish it was closer!
Also struggled to find a park all the time! Twice had to park in IHOP car park instead!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GoodNiteInn, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Good Nite Inn Redwood City.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Most of our guests find us easy to access from the freeway and close to San Francisco.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed a night here,but you get what you pay for.
The room was not that clean,the Bathroom had a lot of hairs on the floor,the curtains were dirty and the carpet had a lot of stains on it. Having said that the bed was ok and the room was a decent size,that's it.
The pool had kids playing in it,so that seemed ok.
No coffee in room,but you can get some in reception.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Good Nite Inn, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

We wish that we had the opportunity to correct the problem before you left.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Good experience, clean, comfortable but a little stuffy. (I have allergies, so this probably only applies to me). Staff was very nice and helpful. Has a outdoor pool. Room was in great location; near the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to do the review. We are excited to see that your stay was completely satisfactory. We strive to achieve that goal with every single guest.
We will certainly share your comments with the staff. They will be thrilled to see the response.
We look forward to seeing you here soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I am a cab driver, I was very tired one night and they only had one room left., I didn't have the money on my card yet, and the blond lady that works the overnight shift was very helpful, she actually held the room for me until I had my funds situated. And I know she did not have to do that, and I thought that was very nice of her to go the extra mile for a regular customer...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seann P

Dear Guest,

We look forward to seeing you here soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

You'll see a variety of remarks about this place on various sites. Read them all. I can say that I was alarmed by some of the reviews but had already booked the room before I read all of them. My experience with the manager, Wass, was that he hates customers, does not care at all about the reputation of himself, his company or his motel. He was 100% unhelpful EVERY time I tried to ask reasonable, professional questions. I assume Wass makes a little extra cash "organizing" other business at this place. just keep your eyes open. You'll see. It’s very obvious.

Justin and Robert were great. Deal with them. They have great customer service skills and want to do a good job (and I think they succeed despite their unpleasant boss).

I had been concerned having read the other reviews and we were very careful not to leave meds or valuables there at all while we were out

Putting a Do Not Disturb sign makes NO difference I was told by another guest who saw me putting one on the outside of our door. It's ignored and your privacy is invaded whether you are in the room or not. He had come back to find someone in his room before when he had left that sign on his door, he told us, and we did find that totally unacceptable. That might actually be the deal breaker if we need to go to this area again, though that is unlikely as it was a one-off event.

The motel lacks even basic amenities (there is not even a 2 cup coffee maker in the room, and certainly there is no microwave or fridge, also no clock). But we managed OK. We were able to sleep. It wasn't too noisy, the shower was clean (unless you use luminol). Don't walk in bare feet on the carpet though.

IHOP is next door, it's true, but the coffee there is obviously not free, and you have to leave the room, and get dressed to go and get it. The lobby "coffee" was weak. It's undrinkable and does not resemble coffee at all. There's no cereal or fruit. Nothing at all. So if you have any normal needs of a normal adult traveler and you know what you are used to this place does not have ANY of the basics.

Since we had booked and there were no rooms available in the area (I did try to change to another motel but could not) we had to hope for the best (such as it is) and it was OK. Just.
We were out a lot with our group, so if that’s what your trip is likely to involve, and all you need is a bed and a shower, this is what you will find at this site. Being with a group was really what prevented us from leaving. Had it been just us, we would have paid more and gone somewhere else as we have NEVER stayed anywhere that does not even have coffee in the room.

We would stay here again based on this experience IF we could not find a better place for the same price. It was OK. Just OK. Not the worst it could be, but way off what it should be for the area and comparable facilities. It's obvious that their usual clientele is, as other reviewers suggested, likely leaving with anything that isn't nailed down so we all have to suffer.

They’d be better off cleaning up their act, and providing proper basic room equipment, which would appeal to a higher class guest, but as I said, I think the manager probably does well out of keeping it the way it is now.

If you find it unacceptable, say this to Robert or Justin and they will refund your card. As I said, we managed, and it was juuuuust about acceptable as we had already booked and could not move. If you need coffee or food, or access to the lobby at odd hours, you will get NONE of that here. I suppose you take your chances. We got lucky. Taking chances when on holiday or business is as far from ideal as you can get. It is not guaranteed at this place that you will not have an experience described by others. I can see how easy that could be, so….be an informed and aware traveler and do what you think you need to do :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the GoodNite Inn in Redwood City, CA. The only issue that I had is that there was not enough parking. We went for a powwow at Stanford University. The powwow runs late and upon returning, we could not find a parking space because of the construction on the north parking lot and because of the overflow of late night diners at the restaurant on the corner. It is a nice place to stay, just get ready for parking issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We are sorry about the parking problem you encountered.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The sanitary condition of the Good Nite Inn is so horrendous that I have to document it here as a matter of public health and to warn potential patrons.

The first night was ok. Few stains on carpet. Second night was when it happened: I got bit by bed bugs all over. It looked so bad that even the front desk person took a photo of my arm because she couldn't believe how many rashes and bites there were: I look like I had some infectious skin disease.

In defense of the manager/front desk, they offered to switch me to another room (which they promised will not have new bugs). But I was very leary and was afraid to fall sleep there. Again, first night, nothing happened. Second day, I came back and took a nap. Woke up and found a large bug (not a bed bug) crawling on the bed. At that point, I've had enough and asked for a refund for the remainder of my reservation and took my business elsewhere.

I am still finding new bites on my body two days after I've left the Good Nite Inn (some of the bugs must have clung onto my clothes/blankets). Not only do I have to disinfect all my belongings now, I will need to go see a doctor. Planning to report this incidence to the Better Business Bureau, CA Dept of Public Health, and to sue the motel if I have some long term skin issues.

Before this, I thought perhaps other reviewers were too sensitive to the sanitary condition. But now, I can say from painful first-hand experience that you should stay away from the Good Nite Inn if possible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business