Pacific Euro Hotel
Holiday Inn Express(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$183
Courtyard Redwood City(Redwood City)
US$202
  • Pool
US$151
US$129
Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$228
Redwood Creek Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$144
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
Orbitz.com
Pullman San Francisco Bay(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$135
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Good Nite Inn - Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
US$172
US$163
Agoda.com
Best Western Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$167
Agoda.com
All reviewseconomy roomshared bathceiling fancaltrain stationfree starbucksovernight staytoilet and showersuperb locationmain stmicrowave and mini fridgethin wallswithout trafficdouble bedbasic amenitiesfirst floorsafe areathe air conditioning
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Dorm rooms are very small but more than adequate for one person. For a couple, unless you are both very small in stature, the beds are too tiny. But I was traveling alone, so no worries there. Also these rooms have a shared bathroom and shower so I naturally expected the time to come where I would have to wait my turn, but actually I never encountered the restroom in use. Redwood City is an older town, but very up-and coming, everything you could possibly want is within walking distance. Very convenient, although parking can be a problem. I didn't use the parking lot behind the building, I just parked a couple blocks away in the residential neighborhood. There is a single reserved space right in the front for loading and unloading which is very handy.

For the price, and what it is, I recommend it! No frills, small, feels safe... good for a no-nonsense business trip. If you want luxury, go elsewhere. But for the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hari -
Thanks for the kind review - so happy that your stay exceeded your expectations. Really appreciate your taking the time to leave feedback for future Redwood City or Bay Area travelers. We hope you will choose Pacific Euro Hotel again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Redwood City for five nights. First I was a little bit afraid because of the shared bath but it was no problem. I could take a shower whenever I wanted to and it was always very clean. The Hotel Manager helped us in any way and was very friendly and helpful (we forgot to print our 49ers tickets and he printed them for us). The beds were very comfortable and there was not a lot traffic or any other noises. We didn't drink coffee (because there was no milk). The Hotel is very closed to a train station which brings you to SF City, that was great. The Parking is very very cheap (2$ a day). We are very glad we stayed in this Hotel. We say Hi to the Hotel Manager and many thanks for all - let's go niners!! :-)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytripwm

So happy you enjoyed your stay - and the 49'ers game! We hope you will visit us again in the near future - and we will make sure to have milk available for your coffee! Thanks for the positive review and i am pleased the shared bathroom experience turned out better than you expected.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

As the title says, the manager was very helpful.
He never skipped an opportunity to help out with anything or provide information that would be hard to get for foreigners.
I think this hotel is ideal for a business trip to the silicon valley, for a person that also wants to enjoy a bit of entertainment (San Francisco) during the weekends.

Redwood city is located only a short drive from the valley, and still close enough to SF. The caltrain (station is very close to the hotel) is an ideal way to get to SF, and if you want to stay late and don't want to go there with a car, there is also a night bus (use google map) from SF that will drop you off very close to the hotel (be aware : the bus is full of homeless people and weirdos, but I took the bus 4+ times I felt fine).
I stayed here for more than 2 months, and I have no complaints : the hotel was clean an comfortable enough for the price.
Both the manager and the maid were very nice.
Be aware that I stayed in a room with bathroom, so I can't say anything about the shared bathroom.

One more thing : If the owner will ever read this, please give the manager a rise and some vacation time. I was there for 2 months, and worked quite a bit more than 8h a day, but I always saw the manager doing his job whenever I needed him (which means he didn't take any time off and worked more than 8h a day).
I think any guest with decent attitude and upbringing will respect the hard work the staff puts in to managing this hotel. Of course, during my stay I also saw a few ruder guests, that I can imagine would ruin any one's day, and can't blame the manager if he didn't bend over backwards to get them what they wanted. For the money they were paying, I certainly wouldn't.
If you work hard and have respect for other people's hard work I think you will certainly find this hotel a very nice place to stay. If you have any problems or questions, just ask the manager, he is always there to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank matthew B

Matthew - thanks so much for your thorough and detailed review. We appreciate your taking the time to do that. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you chose Pacific Euro Hotel for your home away from home...and i will certainly pass on your suggestion about time off for the front office manager :)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It is an old hotel, and the rooms are small, but you have all the amenities you need, the TVs are new, the beds are comfortable, the room is clean and the hotel is secure so you have to use a key card to get through the door to enter the room area and again to enter your actual room. I stayed in a shared bathroom room and it was great. I thought the bathrooms would be stall style but they are individual complete bathrooms so you have complete privacy. Also, I stayed for a week and not once did I have an issue with accessing a restroom when I needed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Nina -
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. We really strive to provide clean , safe and private accommodations at an affordable rate and it sounds like we succeeded! We hope you will choose to stay with us again should you be coming to the Bay Area in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is not my first stay at a hotel with a shared bathroom (I had a room with a shared bath). But this place was so odd in a way...the desk is really only open at night (I think they only have one person working it). It was a little dirty/rundown and dreary but what do you expect for the price? And so many channels on the TV! The oddest thing was that the desk man told me I could only use the laundry facilities from 1PM to 9PM. I suspect that he sleeps in the early morning and doesn't want to be woken up. Room had a microwave and a fridge, which were great, but the fridge was run down and the microwave was too low power (so don't plan on following directions on the package!). Overall, cheaper than most airbnb stays so I can't complain!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Jondysse -

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel during your recent stay. I am happy you found it to be an affordable alternative - i am sorry you found some of the facilities to not be up to par. We will certainly check the fridge and microwave in your room to make sure they are up to standard. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you to Redwood City.