“Value for money hotel at the tony downtown of Redwood city”
Review of Pacific Euro Hotel

Pacific Euro Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Hyderabad, India
“Value for money hotel at the tony downtown of Redwood city”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As I entered the room, I thought it is so small that I can't even change my mind here. With two big bags and jetlag I dumped everything and dozed off too sleep and it is perhaps then I realised the firm mattress on a decent bed. Temperature controlled shower rejuvenated and I traipsed around the luggage and found my way outside the room to get some dinner. Though this place is surrounded by a variety of restaurants, almost every restaurant closes by 21:00 hrs, a pizza place at the nearby Fox theatre redeemed me.
Back to Hotel, beyond the small room and anochronistic looks, I started to appreciate the finer points.
First: Cost. Perhaps this is the only decent place availble in $ double figures.
Second: Location: Walking distance from Museum, Caltrain statiion, Wholefood and several great restaurants
Third: Great Wifi

Not a spoiler but an irritant: Motion controlled room lights. I had to work on desk and the motion controller, which was away from desk, would switch off the lights and I had to go til door, waive my hand and say hello to the detector before it would start again. And I must compliment Mr. Patel, manager, who as a roundabout, offered me a flashlight. Not much of help but the helpful attitude certainly helped me live through this irritant.

Probably would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
RGAAN - thank you for taking a moment to leave a review about your recent stay in Redwood City at the Pacific Euro Hotel. So happy you found the price and accommodations to meet or exceed your expectations. We certainly do hope you will choose us again in the future.

Al P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Alameda, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a room with a bathroom. Very small room good for 1 but not for 2 IMHO, very comfy bed, clean, secure, close to restaurants. Thin walls, so bring earplugs. Room lights are on motion detectors, so night runs to bathroom can be blinding. Wifi, flat screen TV, adequate desk and chair; refrig too I think. Storage - minimal, with most of it over bed in awkward position. Great manager, very helpful and friendly. Large city parking lot in rear, $.25/hour; pay til 6pm and can leave car overnight. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Worth it to get a room with bathroom. Otherwise share a hallway bathroom with others on the floor. N...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Jeff -
Thanks for taking a minute to leave a review - we are so pleased you found the accommodations clean and comfortable during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Round Hill, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Okay, so you have to overcome some first impressions with this hotel. It is old, small, and can appear a bit sketchy at first. Don't let that fool you. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfy, and the staff are very friendly.

If you're looking for a budget price (i.e. within federal per diem) in the Bay Area; want a convenient location between SFO and San Jose; and don't want to stay in a Motel 6, then this is the place for you.

Redwood City seems to be undergoing a "rejuvenation" project. At first glance, it seems a bit run down. However, there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and you have easy access to San Jose and San Francisco. (Under 30 minutes to San Jose; 15 minutes without traffic to SFO or Milbrae BART station.)

The only complaint I have is that the walls are paper thin - no question as to what the neighbors are doing ;-) I would certainly stay here again, though.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thanks for the extensive review of your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time. You are right - Redwood City is in fact going through a rejuvenation of sorts and i think you will be pleased with what you see over the next few years. I am happy you found the location and price so convenient. We hope to see you again in the future!

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was inexpensive for the area, but the room was extremely small with a Murphy bed for sleeping. The room smelled strongly of the deoderizer you smell in bathrooms; my clothes stored in a duffle bag near the floor ended up smelling the same way with just one overnight. On the plus side the location is great for Redwood City restaurants, theaters and movie theaters.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jazzudude2b
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will check the room for the strong smell you mentioned. Some of our rooms are smaller than others - on your next visit, please ask for the manager so I can help you with the different types available. I am happy you found the location to be convenient.

A. Patek
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night clean room cozy feeling to it flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, Hotel is on main st everything is walking distance to restaurants, library, train stations etc. Manager was awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Accordh -
Thanks so much for the positive review! Happy you enjoyed your stay and found the room comfortable with all the necessities. We hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was looking for inexpensive lodging not far from Santa Clara Marriot where I was attending a meeting. My budget was tight and it cost me the same to stay in a room by myself where I could skype privately with my fiancee and then sharing a room for the same cost...also I got a rental car and was at the $350 budget I needed for days. This place was very clean and not beat up like some places. Sharing a bathroom is no big deal to me..but having a flat screen on the wall, a sink to wash up in and shave, microwave, refrigerator and desk to work at was great. Plus free parking after 6 pm Monday-Friday in the public lot behind the hotel...and only 25 cents per hour for parking...I could hardly believe it. And Redwood City is fantastic with a lot of places to eat and small town environment only 15-20 miles from San Franciso. If I am in the area I would stay here in a heart beat...to small for two people but perfect for one to sleep in

Room Tip: realize the rooms are small and two people will be a challenge..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
So happy Pacific Euro Hotel was able to be your home away from home during your meeting. Thank you for the kind and detailed review - we do pride ourselves on our budget rates and high cleanliness standards. Thanks for choosing us during your stay in Santa Clara.

Oregon, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Dorm rooms are very small but more than adequate for one person. For a couple, unless you are both very small in stature, the beds are too tiny. But I was traveling alone, so no worries there. Also these rooms have a shared bathroom and shower so I naturally expected the time to come where I would have to wait my turn, but actually I never encountered the restroom in use. Redwood City is an older town, but very up-and coming, everything you could possibly want is within walking distance. Very convenient, although parking can be a problem. I didn't use the parking lot behind the building, I just parked a couple blocks away in the residential neighborhood. There is a single reserved space right in the front for loading and unloading which is very handy.

For the price, and what it is, I recommend it! No frills, small, feels safe... good for a no-nonsense business trip. If you want luxury, go elsewhere. But for the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hari -
Thanks for the kind review - so happy that your stay exceeded your expectations. Really appreciate your taking the time to leave feedback for future Redwood City or Bay Area travelers. We hope you will choose Pacific Euro Hotel again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
#5 of 17 in Redwood City
LiA Hotel
LiA Hotel
#3 of 7 in San Carlos

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!