“Would definitely stay there again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Euro Hotel

Pacific Euro Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Caneadea, New York
“Would definitely stay there again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The fridge and microwave worked well and I had everything I needed for a stay of a few days. Considering the hotel was apparently booked pretty solid it was quiet and I was not disturbed by noises from others, the appliances in the room, or from traffic. On a Saturday night around 6pm I had a problem finding a parking space because the neighborhood has a few restaurants that also use the lot for parking, but that was the only annoyance I had. Drove around the block a few times and tried again and successfully parked. Coffee and juice in the morning in the lobby was nice and the WiFi worked without a hitch. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the Palo Alto area.

Room Tip: I booked about 2 months in advance
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank miniwinch
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you very much for the 5 star rating on your recent stay at the Pacific Euro Hotel. I am very pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and a good value. I do apologize you had difficulty parking on Saturday night but am happy you were able to find a spot and appreciate your patience in doing so. We hope to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the Palo Alto area.

Ish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Small quaint hotel. Half the price of the name brand hotels. Many restaurants are within a few feet of the hotel. Clean rooms but they are very small. The bed was fairly comfortable, I've slept on worse. Some rooms don't have bathrooms and u need to use a community bathroom or pay extra for a room with a bathroom. My room had a small bathroom (small shower, no tub). There was a fridge and microwave, but I'm not sure if they were part of the "upgrade". No alarm clock or ironing boards. The WiFi had a strong signal which was a plus. The lights are on a motion sensor so they turn off if your not moving around. No thermostat, but there was a ceiling fan. There was a sign in the room that said they would charge $150 cleaning fee if u smoked in the room, but I'm assuming they don't follow through because the room smelled of stale smoke. The walls are paper thin. The guy next to me coughed all night and you can hear noise from the sidewalk, street and train. Also, somewhere close by there was this repeating melodic human whistle recording that played every 5 minutes. Parking is a hassle, the hotel doesn't have its own parking, I drove around for a half hour looking for a spot. Behind the hotel there is a public parking lot and it's free after 6pm & before 10am if you can find a spot. Overall, this is a decent place to stay for the price & okay for one night. However, think twice about staying here if u r cloister phobic or a light sleeper. Lol

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street and alley. When checking in, park out front temporarily and car...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joseph B
I am happy you found The Pacific Euro Hotel to be a good value for the price. I am sorry you found the room had a stale cigarette odor and I will have our housekeeping team look into that. Due to our central Downtown location, there does tend to be some noise from the city especially at night. I am sorry you found that disturbing. I do hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you to the Bay Area.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

After staying in this hotel for 4 nights I learned something....to never try to save too much money when booking acommodation in a place that I don't really know, and also to believe in bad reviews.
To start good things: Location and the price.
Bad things: Noisy, smelly (my room smell like a cigarete), the service (depend of who is working in the reception).
I was doing a course in Redwood city and in the last day I was planning to leave my suitcase with the reception and pick it up later after my course, but I couldn't do it because the reception was closed and this was almost 8am (this was a tuesday). It was suppose to be open at 7am. Very unresponsible staff!
The washrooms were very clean, no complains about it at all, but the carpet in the rooms were disgusting, they should change it...The smell of cigarete was hard to deal, during the night I had to put a towel in the bottom of the door to prevent the smell come in from the corridor...Oh yes, people smoke in their rooms even with signs saying DO NOT SMOKE!
Boy, the place is noisy, I believe it's the price you pay for location....I had to use ear plugs after the first night...Tough nights to sleep.
And the last but not the least, I got really itchy after staying there, I can't say that was bed bugs as I couldn't find what was biting me during the night but please, don't stay there to find out. Spend more extra bucks and spend your very good night in a decent place.

Room Tip: Stay in other hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank katS778TY
We do appreciate your feedback and I am happy you found the location and price to be something you would recommend. I am sorry you found your room to have a cigarette odor and I will certainly have our housekeeping team check the room to eliminate that smell.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay a for a long period for the low cost and the good rooms. They are confortable and clean. Near Redwood
Downtown, with goods restaurants around and also near the Caltrain station. Very easy to go to Stanford and San Francisco. The Staff are very friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that Pacific Euro Hotel exceeded your expectations and was convenient to your destinations. We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Bay Area.

Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Centrally located in downtown Redwood City, California. Walking distance to all main attractions in the area. Rooms are small, and there's no pool or restaurant (though restaurants are steps out the front door) but place is kept clean by friendly staff.

Though rooms with private baths are available, even the shared bathroom facilities seem private. They are not adjoined to two or more suites. They are separate, single bathrooms with dead-bolt locks and shower stall with adjustable shower head, and mounted shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispenser.

All issues and concerns are addressed immediately in a timely, and friendly manner. Free Wi-Fi. During our stay, Wi-Fi experienced problems (local cable issue), but was remedied quickly. Best rates in town. Front desk personnel and management very attentive to needs of guests.

Would give it an A-, especially when rates considered.

Room Tip: Since there is no pool, bar or restaurant, "average" score was for the purpose of giving a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chemrocker
pacificeuro, Front Office Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Chemrocker -
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay at Pacific Euro Hotel - we are so happy you were comfortable and found great value at our location. We look forward to a return visit in the future!

Sasebo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We arrived early on Thursday after flying from Tokyo, and although check-in was not until later, they were gracious enough to allow us to check-in early to get cleaned up and drop our luggage. We found the nearby CalTrain station to extremely convenient to access San Francisco, San Jose, and of course, all points in between. We never had an issue with the shared bathroom being busy or unkempt; we were pleasantly surprised with the condition we found it in for both days we stayed here. Nor did we experience any issues with "thin walls" or "room climate." Reading others' reviews, I admit I was a bit nervous about booking this hotel but in the end, I am completely satisfied with our decision. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends and family ... even the picky ones. ;)

Room Tip: Recommend requesting a ground floor if you have a lot of luggage or heavy bags.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Misty - I am so pleased to read your glowing review about your recent stay at The Pacific Euro Hotel. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and so happy you found your accommodations comfortable, clean and convenient. We hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you to the Bay Area.

Ish B.
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This small hotel is a nice place to stay. Very near to market area where you can have variety of delicious food. Hotel is clean and staff is very friendly. They provide daily room cleaning service also. The room in which i was staying is a small perfect room for me with a microwave, tv and washing sink. I am happy about the overall service thatbis hotel provides.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Adil -
Thank you very much for taking a minute to leave a review concerning your recent stay at the Pacific Euro Hotel. We are so happy you found it clean and accommodating for while you were in the Redwood City area. We hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you to the area.