“Great value, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pacific Euro Hotel

Pacific Euro Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is very affordable, comfortable, and has an excellent location in downtown Redwood City. It was better than I expected...some of the negative reviews are undeserved (in my opinion). Please note that it is "European style", so space and amenities are limited. And bathrooms are shared (some rooms have their own, but at a higher rate). On the 2nd floor there were 2 bathrooms with shower stalls (one Men's and one Women's), one unisex (toilet and sink only) and one shower and sink only. During my 4-night stay, I only had a brief wait one time. Bathrooms were always clean.

My room was comfortable, with a full-sized bed, but "cozy." I was surprised that there was no AC/heater, but then also surprised that nights were cool after high-70s in the day (my first time to the area). The staff was very friendly and helpful, for the few minor questions I asked.

I really liked the area--coffee shop around the corner on beautiful tree-lined Broadway, and plenty of restaurants and shops very nearby. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor, away from Main Street and the side street. This was a good location, as t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank dee_sign9876
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at Pacific Euro Hotel with other travelers! We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your candid opinions about the hotel and we hope you will choose us again in the future should you be visiting Redwood City.

Ish B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was starting a summer internship with nowhere to go. After exhaustively searching craigslist, airbnb, padmapper, etc. I found a hotel was a good shorter-term solution (I stayed here for about 2 weeks). The Pacific Euro had a good value at a SUPERB location in downtown Redwood City near restaurants, the Caltrain station, and a movie theatre. The management is helpful and flexible - a huge shoutout to Grant for being awesome. The biggest complaints are probably the fans and lack of temperature control (doesn't appear to be any internal thermostat) - it does get a bit warm at night, and the fan in my room was loud.

There is a place to store your bike if you choose to ride. Parking can be a bit cramped between 6-9 PM. Overall, a great deal for such a prime location - highly recommended for people wishing to experience the thrill of Redwood City and the Bay Area at an affordable cost. The economy rooms are great for solo travellers, and the full-sized rooms are probably really nice for couples.

Room Tip: Some of the economy rooms have a shower inside, but these are often booked and/or are closer to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Patrick -
Thank you for leaving a review after your recent stay with us. I am very happy you found the Pacific Euro Hotel to be a good value and a great location. I hope your internship went well and we hope to see you back as our guest should your travels bring you to Redwood City.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Exactly what I expected and as advertised: tiny, youth hostel-like room. Great historic district location for walking to cafés/bars/restaurants. I asked for a quiet room with my own bathroom (about $10 more than a room with no bath, sharing one down the hall and worth it). There was a fridge, microwave, TV, and hair dryer. Hotel hallways and lobby were a bit grungy, but my room was reasonably clean. I recommend bringing a sleep mask as the blinds are not "blackout" and light comes in. Also, I always travel with earplugs (or my tiny white noise machine I got for $10 at the drug store). I also always bring disinfectant wipes to sanitize the door knobs, remote, phone etc. and slippers- all were put to good use here. All in all, I recommend this place for folks who need to travel to the "peninsula" and don't want to pay SF prices. I was a single female traveler and felt relatively safe here.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at Pacific Euro Hotel. I appreciate the fact that you shared your travel tips and am pleased you felt safe as a female traveler. We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future should your travels bring you back to the Bay Area.

benicia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent. Can't beat the price for an economy room. Hidden gem in Redwood City. Helpful staff, too. Rooms have been recently remodeled and the check in area is to be remodeled, soon. Recommended for those who want a clean, comfortable room and are on a budget in their travels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank localtraveller65
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on Pacific Euro Hotel. We are so pleased you found our hotel affordable, convenient, and a great value. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ingolstadt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Pacific Euro Hotel is located in downtown Redwood City pretty close to the train station. When we arrived we noticed a strange smell in our room. The bathroom door could not be closed and the room was badly soundproofed. The next day we figured that there were plumping issues with our room on the ground level. We ask to change the room and got a second one on the upper level. In general the rooms are quite small. The second room on the upper level was better in terms of space and the bathroom quality. After the first night there was no housekeeping service and the staff was not really friendly. There are some bars and restaurants located around the hotel. By using the CalTrain you can get easily around the Silicon Valley. I cannot recommend the Pacific Euro Hotel and would rather stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Denny M
I am sorry you were not pleased with your recent stay with The Pacific Euro Hotel. It does sound like you found the location convenient to your needs while in the Bay Area. I hope you will reconsider our hotel as an option should you return to the area. Please contact me personally so i can ensure your stay is more positive.

Caneadea, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The fridge and microwave worked well and I had everything I needed for a stay of a few days. Considering the hotel was apparently booked pretty solid it was quiet and I was not disturbed by noises from others, the appliances in the room, or from traffic. On a Saturday night around 6pm I had a problem finding a parking space because the neighborhood has a few restaurants that also use the lot for parking, but that was the only annoyance I had. Drove around the block a few times and tried again and successfully parked. Coffee and juice in the morning in the lobby was nice and the WiFi worked without a hitch. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the Palo Alto area.

Room Tip: I booked about 2 months in advance
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank miniwinch
Thank you very much for the 5 star rating on your recent stay at the Pacific Euro Hotel. I am very pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and a good value. I do apologize you had difficulty parking on Saturday night but am happy you were able to find a spot and appreciate your patience in doing so. We hope to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the Palo Alto area.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Small quaint hotel. Half the price of the name brand hotels. Many restaurants are within a few feet of the hotel. Clean rooms but they are very small. The bed was fairly comfortable, I've slept on worse. Some rooms don't have bathrooms and u need to use a community bathroom or pay extra for a room with a bathroom. My room had a small bathroom (small shower, no tub). There was a fridge and microwave, but I'm not sure if they were part of the "upgrade". No alarm clock or ironing boards. The WiFi had a strong signal which was a plus. The lights are on a motion sensor so they turn off if your not moving around. No thermostat, but there was a ceiling fan. There was a sign in the room that said they would charge $150 cleaning fee if u smoked in the room, but I'm assuming they don't follow through because the room smelled of stale smoke. The walls are paper thin. The guy next to me coughed all night and you can hear noise from the sidewalk, street and train. Also, somewhere close by there was this repeating melodic human whistle recording that played every 5 minutes. Parking is a hassle, the hotel doesn't have its own parking, I drove around for a half hour looking for a spot. Behind the hotel there is a public parking lot and it's free after 6pm & before 10am if you can find a spot. Overall, this is a decent place to stay for the price & okay for one night. However, think twice about staying here if u r cloister phobic or a light sleeper. Lol

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street and alley. When checking in, park out front temporarily and car...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joseph B
I am happy you found The Pacific Euro Hotel to be a good value for the price. I am sorry you found the room had a stale cigarette odor and I will have our housekeeping team look into that. Due to our central Downtown location, there does tend to be some noise from the city especially at night. I am sorry you found that disturbing. I do hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you to the Bay Area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
#4 of 17 in Redwood City
LiA Hotel
LiA Hotel
#2 of 7 in San Carlos

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!