Pacific Inn of Redwood City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Express(Redwood City)
Comfort Inn(Redwood City)
View Hotel
Pacific Euro Hotel(Redwood City)
Garden Motel(Redwood City)
View Hotel
Redwood Creek Inn(Redwood City)
View Hotel
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsnachosjacuzzi tubfull hot breakfastfree popcornstay there againfront officean older propertybed was very comfortablecoffee machineample parkingstanford medical centeryogurtflat screen tvbusy streetel caminokitchenettejets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

And I do not mean like a church pew. Look at my pic. We looked down at the porta potties from the construction site. When we opened the windows the noise and smell were a problem. When we closed them, the AC could not keep up.
I know, a property cannot control what their neighbors are doing. I do not expect them to, but they were hardly trying hard on other counts. Their carpet in the halls should have been replaced years ago. The stairs were the worst and the hand rails were perpetually slimy. All the furniture was way past replacement. The breakfast selection was good but completely tasteless and cold. The exterior looks good, but the interior needs a total renovation.
It seems that the other reviews gave the staff high marks and thus the high rating. The staff was nice, but I did not spend my days with them. I spent them in the substandard room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mebejim
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

From my understanding, you are with the same party as the guest who wrote the previous comment. We take our guests' comments very seriously and took action immediately. We contacted the construction company with both reviews and they will be changing the location of the portable restrooms. We also had the janitor deep clean the railings in the interior hallway. The AC units were inspected and work great. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your concerns.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

After searching the web for a cheaper place to stay near San Francisco, My husband found this place that had good reviews and was reasonable. Well, the exterior is very nice! Then we got our keys and went up one of the dirtiest semi-interior stairway. The rails were filthy! I HAD to wash my hand as soon as I got into the room. The room was decent. It had a king bed - (it was double sheeted - sheet, blanket, sheet!) but the carpet was dirty. I kept my flip flops on! There was a whirlpool in the bathroom. The toilet looked clean until you looked under the rim - mold was growing!! Since we were near the coast we were excited to open the windows and enjoy a real breeze. That is when the smell started. There was a construction site right up against our wall - we were on the second floor - the pot-a-potties were just below our window!!! And the NOISE all day long...so we closed the windows and the AC (on max) could not cool off the room. So disappointed!!!
There was a breakfast each morning. You had to get tickets at the front desk and hand them in before entering. So glad there were tables outside under a little tent - with lovely roses around. Wish our room could have been as nice!
Sad! Will NOt be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. On behalf of the entire staff, we apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. We know the construction site next door is unappealing and loud at times, however it is out of our control. As we all know, people are always building and repairing and there is little we can to stop this. The faulty AC unit could have been fixed or replaced had it been reported to our staff when you experienced it. We assure you if given another chance, we can make your stay a lot more pleasing.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2-3 days and i enjoyed n had lot of fun. The service was excellent n the rooms were neat n clean and even the rooms were huge n big.Breakfast was gud n the most important part is Jacuzzi i love it....

Room Tip: i recommend to stay at this hotel n on the second floor......
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hardik B
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

It is terrific to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our guests seem to love the in-room Jacuzzi and the full hot breakfast as these amenities are rare to find for such a good price. Thank you so much for taking the time to let other travelers know about your positive experience at our hotel, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The personnel there was very rude and tried to secretly bill me for an extra day. They tried to hide the fact at first. When I asked to talk to the manager, they said that he is on vacation. I sent an e-mail but the staff must have deleted my complaint from the e-mail system as there was no answer.

In addition to that the staff constantly overpromised and was rude. Do not believe any verbal agreement there. They do not take responsibility of their mistakes, are rude with customers and are not suitable to work in this line of business. I overheard other clients with similar problems. The rooms are OK for the price if you do not mind the risk of getting cheated.

I strongly do not reccommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

I apologize for the negative experience you had. Unfortunately, I was out of town and for some reason did not receive your e-mail even though no one else has access to my email except for me. If you would like we can still resolve this matter please contact me at pi.redwoodcity@gmail.com.

We do have a 24 hour cancellation policy as do most hotels in the world, this was the reason for the extra night's charge. However, there is no explanation for the way you were treated by our front desk personnel and I assure you proper action will be taken. As you may have noticed from other reviews, we strive to make our customers happy through cleanliness, maintaining affordable prices, and giving the guest the most for their money. Customer service certainly plays a big role in all of this, and again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed it very well. The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly and professional. Prices were very affordable and the stay was overall excellent. My family absolutely fell in love with the Jacuzzi in the room, and the rooms were absolutely wonderful. My entire family enjoyed the stay and we are definitely going to stay here again soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sissy1975lh
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with other travelers. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything about your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs again.